Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The won't touch the vanilla servers outside of merging them due to population issues. TBC will have it's own servers or it is a spit to anyone's face who truly wanted classic. The whole point of it was to have a Vanilla experience on those servers not TBC.

My guess is they will have TBC servers go up a few weeks prior to launch where the pre-patch content is in and ready so that you can copy Vanilla characters to it, that will help recreate the OG experience and allow players to re-establish their communities for TBC.

They’ll obviously give people the chance to continue to TBC or stay behind in classic. They’re never going to deny us the ability to keep playing our characters into TBC. It would cause many people to quit entirely if we couldn’t play our current characters in Outland.

Most likely those who want to remain in classic will get the option to transfer to another realm or they’ll let those who want to move to TBC transfer. Classic is eventually going to die. No one wants to do Naxx forever. That’s why private realms would relaunch new realms and shit to start the journey anew.

They’re never going to deny us the ability to keep playing our characters into TBC. It would cause many people to quit entirely if we couldn’t play our current characters in Outland.
    The vast majority would not quit this is such a sensationalized thing people keep saying it is just so ridiculous. I would love if they carried over my toon to tbc but if they didn't and just had the 58 option then just make a new toon and start from there. If you want to play tbc, you are going to play tbc, period. Please stop with this ridiculous attempt to 'threaten' blizz of your exit if they dont do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    They’ll obviously give people the chance to continue to TBC or stay behind in classic. They’re never going to deny us the ability to keep playing our characters into TBC. It would cause many people to quit entirely if we couldn’t play our current characters in Outland.

Most likely those who want to remain in classic will get the option to transfer to another realm or they’ll let those who want to move to TBC transfer. Classic is eventually going to die. No one wants to do Naxx forever. That’s why private realms would relaunch new realms and shit to start the journey anew.
    I don't know about that, say you where super invested in Vanilla, PvP/Raiding all of it..Would you not want that toon to stay at 60? Seeing how it takes months and months to rank as well as get what you want from raids, my wish would be to stay on a 60 server that is active! Enjoy BG's and as well as have fun with my raid..

If TBC portal opens on my Vanilla server it will die out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I know people wanted TBC too. But you got Classic, and Classic & TBC will remain separate worlds on separate servers. They would not give people the Classic they've been asking for for years and then overwrite it with TBC. It would just lead to the whole 'please give us vanilla servers' thing all over again. Not going to happen.

The first choice in their survey - either progress to TBC on your current server or transfer to a perma 60 server - would split communities apart, forcing the Classic players to leave. Blizzard should keep Classic servers as they are and bring in new TBC servers.
    I guarantee you that they will let us move our vanilla characters into Outland. There’s no reason not to. You think these people would keep playing and just do Naxx forever? That’s never going to happen dude. Even private realms didn’t leave it so people did Naxx for years. No one wants that. They’ll likely copy that model and open new classic realms for those who want to relive that experience all over again. But they’re not going to just watch as this huge player base full of nostalgia loving players dies off because they’re bored of doing Naxx 24/7. Shit the game was already losing players before the quarantine happened. People found out there isn’t much to do in classic since BG queues suck ass due to a horrible balance of population and raids being so easy. I’m so confident that I will be playing my classic character in TBC that I’d be willing to bet $2000 on it if anyone reputable wants to take me up on that offer and disagrees.

There’s no reason not to.
    There's plenty of reasons not to. You just don't agree with them.

I guarantee you that they will let us move our vanilla characters into Outland. There’s no reason not to. You think these people would keep playing and just do Naxx forever? That’s never going to happen dude. Even private realms didn’t leave it so people did Naxx for years. No one wants that. They’ll likely copy that model and open new classic realms for those who want to relive that experience all over again. But they’re not going to just watch as this huge player base full of nostalgia loving players dies off because they’re bored of doing Naxx 24/7. Shit the game was already losing players before the quarantine happened. People found out there isn’t much to do in classic since BG queues suck ass due to a horrible balance of population and raids being so easy. I’m so confident that I will be playing my classic character in TBC that I’d be willing to bet $2000 on it if anyone reputable wants to take me up on that offer and disagrees.
    What % ever got to see naxx let alone gear up from it? Sure its probably going to be much easier this time but still we talking many months. Who wants the legendary staff? Alts where a huge part of Vanilla? Social aspect a big part of the game. Vanilla is the most RPG of all WoW's arguably. People want to run PuG nights, hang out as well as clear nax with main and alt(s).

The day nax PuGs are a thing is the day I say launch TBC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I don't know about that, say you where super invested in Vanilla, PvP/Raiding all of it..Would you not want that toon to stay at 60? Seeing how it takes months and months to rank as well as get what you want from raids, my wish would be to stay on a 60 server that is active! Enjoy BG's and as well as have fun with my raid..

If TBC portal opens on my Vanilla server it will die out?
    I’m a guy who’s die hard in classic and no I wouldn’t want to stay because no one else I know would stay. Everyone I’ve talked to in my guild and on my servers discord (Herod) is planning with TBC in mind as we speak. Classic is a blast and by the time TBC is out we will likely have had six months of Naxxramas to enjoy. That’s more than enough time to have had fun. I mean there’s only so much you can do. The content is too easy and it’s cleared in one night. And If the population wasn’t so fucked up and we had more alliance players then maybe staying for pvp would be good but unless only horde players leave that situation isn’t improving.

Also these active servers would die immediately when TBC opens so it wouldn’t be active either way. Shit I’ve already got a friend who made his Thunderfury for TBC and has now cancelled his account until TBC because he only cares about tanking and playing in Outland. He made it his mission to get Thunderfury since it’s still so great in TBC and now he’s satisfied. That’s obviously very anecdotal and not representative of anything but I thought it was funny none the less. Because that shit is even too hardcore for me. The guy ran pug MCs every week for months upon months for it only to cancel the subscription a week later to “go into moth balls” as he said.

I get that a lot of you guys don’t want this because you don’t play classic and do want to play Outland. My honest guess is that they make one or two fresh servers specifically for guys like you. Ones that no one can transfer their 60s to (if that’s the path they choose). And to be honest that would be a hell of a lot of fun too.

- - - Updated - - -

What % ever got to see naxx let alone gear up from it? Sure its probably going to be much easier this time but still we talking many months. Who wants the legendary staff? Alts where a huge part of Vanilla? Social aspect a big part of the game. Vanilla is the most RPG of all WoW's arguably. People want to run PuG nights, hang out as well as clear nax with main and alt(s).

The day nax PuGs are a thing is the day I say launch TBC!
    You’re going to see Naxx Pugs on day one dude. Anubrekhan, Faerlina, and Razuvious are easier than many AQ40 bosses.

And it will not take many months. You gotta understand how easy it is compared to vanilla. We do quadruple the damage we did in vanilla. We go in with world buffs on and our damage carries us. Mechanics be damned. You weren’t meant to be able to just damage everything razorgore add in phase one down but we did it on day one no kiting needed. Shit tanks don’t even wear defense gear anymore and in vanilla we thought you HAD to show up with max defense on or you weren’t a good tank.

Also I know you’re going to say you don’t have to use world buffs. You would be correct. But that’s just how it is now. Classic isn’t vanilla. I wish it were different.

Don’t get me wrong either. I’m not saying rush through Naxx to get to TBC or anything. I know some of the super hardcore want them to release AQ40 now and Naxx in like three months but that isn’t fair to most people just because they clear through it in a snap. In my opinion their current idea of releasing every six months is a good timeline.

I’m a guy who’s die hard in classic and no I wouldn’t want to stay because no one else I know would stay. Everyone I’ve talked to in my guild and on my servers discord (Herod) is planning with TBC in mind as we speak. Classic is a blast and by the time TBC is out we will likely have had six months of Naxxramas to enjoy. That’s more than enough time to have had fun. I mean there’s only so much you can do. The content is too easy and it’s cleared in one night. And If the population wasn’t so fucked up and we had more alliance players then maybe staying for pvp would be good but unless only horde players leave that situation isn’t improving.

Also these active servers would die immediately when TBC opens so it wouldn’t be active either way. Shit I’ve already got a friend who made his Thunderfury for TBC and has now cancelled his account until TBC because he only cares about tanking and playing in Outland. He made it his mission to get Thunderfury since it’s still so great in TBC and now he’s satisfied. That’s obviously very anecdotal and not representative of anything but I thought it was funny none the less. Because that shit is even too hardcore for me. The guy ran pug MCs every week for months upon months for it only to cancel the subscription a week later to “go into moth balls” as he said.

I get that a lot of you guys don’t want this because you don’t play classic and do want to play Outland. My honest guess is that they make one or two fresh servers specifically for guys like you. Ones that no one can transfer their 60s to (if that’s the path they choose). And to be honest that would be a hell of a lot of fun too.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re going to see Naxx Pugs on day one dude. Anubrekhan, Faerlina, and Razuvious are easier than many AQ40 bosses.

And it will not take many months. You gotta understand how easy it is compared to vanilla. We do quadruple the damage we did in vanilla. We go in with world buffs on and our damage carries us. Mechanics be damned. You weren’t meant to be able to just damage everything razorgore add in phase one down but we did it on day one no kiting needed. Shit tanks don’t even wear defense gear anymore and in vanilla we thought you HAD to show up with max defense on or you weren’t a good tank.

Also I know you’re going to say you don’t have to use world buffs. You would be correct. But that’s just how it is now. Classic isn’t vanilla. I wish it were different.

Don’t get me wrong either. I’m not saying rush through Naxx to get to TBC or anything. I know some of the super hardcore want them to release AQ40 now and Naxx in like three months but that isn’t fair to most people just because they clear through it in a snap. In my opinion their current idea of releasing every six months is a good timeline.
    I realize TBC is amazing -to me TBC and Wrath are the most fun I've ever had playing video games. So why are there so few TBC p servers that are active while Vanilla P servers continue to be active (thousands online) even with TBC/Wrath out there?

I will for sure be spending most of my gaming time TBC side -at least until I kill KJ (one of my best WoW memories down KJ before the nurf -second only to Knock Knock on Wood pre nurf).

My level 60 decked out toon will be an alt I play break the monotony of TBC grind -and I'm hoping Blizz would consider a mega server for Vanilla once TBC is launched ..Please don't kill Vanilla.

I realize TBC is amazing -to me TBC and Wrath are the most fun I've ever had playing video games. So why are there so few TBC p servers that are active while Vanilla P servers continue to be active (thousands online) even with TBC/Wrath out there?

I will for sure be spending most of my gaming time TBC side -at least until I kill KJ (one of my best WoW memories down KJ before the nurf -second only to Knock Knock on Wood pre nurf).

My level 60 decked out toon will be an alt I play break the monotony of TBC grind -and I'm hoping Blizz would consider a mega server for Vanilla once TBC is launched ..Please don't kill Vanilla.
    To answer your question, as a tbc p server player, it’s because of the servers themselves. No one has gotten it right. The release of these servers are almost always at capacity and full. But then you find crazy bugs that make it unplayable, they go p2w, or they have some crazy fucking x50 rep rates or something. They even have servers where you could just buy fucking Glaives. I have yet to find one server that didn’t have one of these downfalls.

I’m playing the ‘best’ one right now and it’s buggy as hell

I think in whatever way Blizzard chose to make the transition a lot of people will be angry.
    However, in my opinion, they should release brand new servers where you can only create new chars and other "old" servers where vanilla chars can be transferred to. Then you'll get different realms with people more or less competing on even terms, remember that they did release new servers with TBC back in the day too.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am literally only playing Classic to prepare for the now inevitable BC re-release. Vanilla is objectively inferior to BC in every way #changemymind.

Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    I think in whatever way Blizzard chose to make the transition a lot of people will be angry.
    However, in my opinion, they should release brand new servers where you can only create new chars and other "old" servers where vanilla chars can be transferred to. Then you'll get different realms with people more or less competing on even terms, remember that they did release new servers with TBC back in the day too.
    To force people to cough up another $25 per toon to Blizz? Don't say that out loud, they just might do it.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Hello

I want the feeling of TBC again. When it was released I already had a few (I thing 2 or 3) level 60 characters. So I barely ever visited the old world again. With a few exemptions (karazhan) I remained entirely in the new world (with TBC I did not level 1-60 because I didn’t have to).

First I can tell you that I dislike or even hate vanilla it’s really bad in my opinion. I am not here to discuss that. TBC is my favorite part of WOW and I am thinking of rejoining the adventures of TBC. However I ONLY want to level 60+ just like in the old days (58 is also ok).
    If I can start at level 58 or 60 then I am pretty sure that I will join the new adventure. However if I really have to start a new character from 1-58 (leveling professions 1-300 also really sucks) I am not sure if I want that torture again.
    Hopefully I know that soon enough because I am really slow at leveling.

Edit: Worst case would be a new server where everyone has to start from level 1 AND you can instantly enter the dark portal and go to karazhan or even T5. That would be a no go for me because once I would hit level 70 half the server would be BIS. If there would be a decent time that everyone reaches level 60 before the dark portal opens it would be ok.
    Last edited by Hansol357; 2020-05-05 at 02:42 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansol357 View Post
    Hello

I want the feeling of TBC again. When it was released I already had a few (I thing 2 or 3) level 60 characters. So I barely ever visited the old world again. With a few exemptions (karazhan) I remained entirely in the new world (with TBC I did not level 1-60 because I didn’t have to).

First I can tell you that I dislike or even hate vanilla it’s really bad in my opinion. I am not here to discuss that. TBC is my favorite part of WOW and I am thinking of rejoining the adventures of TBC. However I ONLY want to level 60+ just like in the old days (58 is also ok).
    If I can start at level 58 or 60 then I am pretty sure that I will join the new adventure. However if I really have to start a new character from 1-58 (leveling professions 1-300 also really sucks) I am not sure if I want that torture again.
    Hopefully I know that soon enough because I am really slow at leveling.

Edit: Worst case would be a new server where everyone has to start from level 1 AND you can instantly enter the dark portal and go to karazhan or even T5. That would be a no go for me because once I would hit level 70 half the server would be BIS. If there would be a decent time that everyone reaches level 60 before the dark portal opens it would be ok.
    No, just no. The name of the game is World of warcraft, not TBC, you dont get to skip parts you don't like.
    What if a person B doesn't like leveling in TBC and just wants to skip to heroics.
    And person C doesn't like heroics and wants to skip to raids.
    And person D doesnt want earlier raids and wants to go straight to Sunwell.
    While person E hates it all and just wants full BIS so he can unsub.

Should they all get special ruleset servers to match their needs? Nah, just level from level 1 like everybody else has done in the original game and will (hopefully) do this time around as well. One of the main charms of both vanilla and TBC is that you actually work for stuff rather than getting handouts, shortcuts and catchups left right and center like in wow retail.

Oh and if you absolutely cant handle vanilla leveling, can always buy gold from a gold seller and buy a boost.

IMO the best, the most drama-free way is to make exact copies of all Classic realms, upgrade said copies to TBC, and keep the originals exactly as they are. Might add a fresh server or two to both Classic and TBC if anyone wants to start from scratch.

No forced updates to current Classic realms, no opt-ins or opt-outs, no gold cap, no item cap, no "one char only" nonsense. Just plain 1:1 copies. Don't punish paying customers or they'll go straight to private servers.

The result is the smallest number of pissed off players.
    Someone wants to play Vanilla? Fantastic. Don't even have to go anywhere. And here's a new, fresh start server if that's what you want.
    Prefer TBC? No problem, your Classic characters are ready to go if you want to continue on them. Or here are these fresh start servers. Have fun.
    Play both Classic and TBC? Oh honey, do we have good news for you.

Yea sure, you'll still end up with some pissed off players. That's life for you. But this is as drama-free as possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    why not level 60 with carried account classic information carried over to it if it's seperate.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

No thanks. I want TBC with my vanilla character. I suspect many people would quit playing vanilla entirely now if they did this.
    I would certainly. Why would people still play classic forever? Anyway I would prefer that the classic servers also remain in place, then everyone plays whatever they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I would certainly. Why would people still play classic forever? Anyway I would prefer that the classic servers also remain in place, then everyone plays whatever they like.
    People will always want to play classic be it new or existing, how many? How active? Will guilds play both?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    why not level 60 with carried account classic information carried over to it if it's seperate.
    because people who didn't put any time into classic want to be even keel with people who did. Its the epitome of retail mentality and exactly why blizzard should not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I already mentioned transfers as the solution to copying gold.
    Your "solution" is stupid. If you actually put some legitimate thought into the issue, you would realize there is a very simple solution that you're completely overlooking: ALL of your characters are copied from Classic into TBC, including what is in their inventories, banks, and mail, immediately at launch. You cannot manually copy a character from Classic to TBC. What you had at the end of Classic is what you have at the beginning of TBC. Any fresh characters you make are locked into whatever client you make it in. There is no interaction between clients, just as there is no interaction between Classic and Retail.

Frankly, this entire thread is stupid. You start off with fresh level 1s, the authentic experience is ruined, nobody wants to play anymore, and speedrunners will dominate the market yet again. Upset that when you roll a Draenei/Blood Elf that everyone will outgear you and have a lead in the market over you? You made that choice when you created a new character, just the same as everyone who made that choice in the original TBC launch. Just don't forget that content will be phased. You'll be behind at first, but by the time phase 2 is released you will be caught up and maybe even ahead of some people. Just like in Classic.

You give everyone a pre-made 58, the authentic experience is ruined, and speedrunners will dominate the market yet again. Classic players will be far less interested as a result of losing every bit of hard work they put into their Classic characters.

The launch of CTBC will work exactly as it did 13 years ago, with the only caveat being separate clients. It's amazing that this is a difficult concept for people to grasp. What's more amazing is that people think Blizzard should just hand them free shit. You skipped Classic and just want to play TBC? You don't get a free level 58. You get to level up from the start like everyone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    Your "solution" is stupid. If you actually put some legitimate thought into the issue, you would realize there is a very simple solution that you're completely overlooking: ALL of your characters are copied from Classic into TBC, including what is in their inventories, banks, and mail, immediately at launch. You cannot manually copy a character from Classic to TBC. What you had at the end of Classic is what you have at the beginning of TBC. Any fresh characters you make are locked into whatever client you make it in. There is no interaction between clients, just as there is no interaction between Classic and Retail.

Frankly, this entire thread is stupid. You start off with fresh level 1s, the authentic experience is ruined, nobody wants to play anymore, and speedrunners will dominate the market yet again. Upset that when you roll a Draenei/Blood Elf that everyone will outgear you and have a lead in the market over you? You made that choice when you created a new character, just the same as everyone who made that choice in the original TBC launch. Just don't forget that content will be phased. You'll be behind at first, but by the time phase 2 is released you will be caught up and maybe even ahead of some people. Just like in Classic.

You give everyone a pre-made 58, the authentic experience is ruined, and speedrunners will dominate the market yet again. Classic players will be far less interested as a result of losing every bit of hard work they put into their Classic characters.

The launch of CTBC will work exactly as it did 13 years ago, with the only caveat being separate clients. It's amazing that this is a difficult concept for people to grasp. What's more amazing is that people think Blizzard should just hand them free shit. You skipped Classic and just want to play TBC? You don't get a free level 58. You get to level up from the start like everyone else did.
    That’s a pretty big statement considering blizzard had a survey showing us that what you think is going to happen could possibly not.

Let’s just get one thing straight out of your argument. The ‘Authentic’ experience you mention and the fear of ‘speed runners’ dominating the market is asinine. First off the Authentic experience is ruined no matter what choice they make. A lot of people, and I mean a LOT of people are walking in with over 20k-30k gold and will have epic flyers from the time they hit 70, a lot will have full nax gear, we know layering will happen again so tbc launch isn’t going to be as disastrous as it was back then. So the authentic experience you mentioned is already dead.

If anything, having people start at 58 will be a more authentic experience than just letting people walk in with everything they have now.

As for the speed runners running the market, please dude.... if you truly think that people who hit end level first making the most money is an issue then how on earth do you think it’s going to be having your ‘authentic’ experience? That they will just hit end level and wait for everyone before they start making money? So your speed runners argument is null.

If you don’t see the positives as well as the negatives for ALL options, then you’re not going to get anywhere with discussions with people.