Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    They're supposed to have gone on record saying from here on in they won't be changing anything drastically:

That being said it's obviously not clear what they intend to do with the stuff that happened at the end of Part 1, they can't leave it unaddressed.
    I assume you mean Zack living? There is no way they will leave that unaddressed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I assume you mean Zack living? There is no way they will leave that unaddressed.
    My point exactly, but if not's going to be addressed as something where the narrative is massively changed then I'm curious to see in what way it's dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    My point exactly, but if not's going to be addressed as something where the narrative is massively changed then I'm curious to see in what way it's dealt with.
    A situation of split timelines. You have Cloud & Co now leaving Midgard, nothing here is changed. But also a version in which Cloud died instead of Zack and Zack basically does what 'our' Cloud does. Work for Avalance to fight Shinra ect. And then somewhere near the end the 2 come together and Cloud + Zack end up fighting Sephiroth?.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

A situation of split timelines. You have Cloud & Co now leaving Midgard, nothing here is changed. But also a version in which Cloud died instead of Zack and Zack basically does what 'our' Cloud does. Work for Avalance to fight Shinra ect. And then somewhere near the end the 2 come together and Cloud + Zack end up fighting Sephiroth?.
    Except this would involve a time merger, not a split timeline. It could happen, but that would be pretty convoluted in an already convoluted storyline.
    Not sure I like that the devs stated they aren’t planning any big deviations now when the entire 1st part is based on the characters choosing to deviate from it. SE opened that door, they can’t just close it now and have it make sense. They really should have titled this FF7-2, or FF7-retread the old game but new story contained therein. Even a video I watched recently showed that the Stamp design is different in Zack’s version, so SE just made a giant confusing plot point that they better follow up on or it’s just going to be a mess.

Crisis Core 2 incoming?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Crisis Core 2 incoming?
    They have said that FF7R is that last fifth installment of the FF7 saga. Which makes the implications of the name Remake quite intriguing. Especially if we take into account from Ultimania interviews that has been translated recently.

He has another video as well.

This make it seems like Remake isn't just a name for the game because it's remaking the original game. I think they used the name Remake because it hints at Sephiroth trying to REMAKE the timeline.

Whisper Harbingers:It's also confirmed that the 3 harbingers aren't Cloud, Tifa, Barret from another timeline manifested. They are instead Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo.

Zack:I found it also very interesting with his response to the snacks bag we saw during Zack sequence. In which they replied "Is he now? [laughs]".
    I'm not well versed in dog breeds, but could be that's Stamp but just a puppy?

Anyway, from the recent interviews I'm glad to hear that it won't deviate as much as people claim it will be. It also solidify my own theories of what they are going for, which I obviously have confirmation bias of, but I R STILL PSYCHED!.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-05-04 at 07:07 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They have said that FF7R is that last fifth installment of the FF7 saga. Which makes the implications of the name Remake quite intriguing. Especially if we take into account from Ultimania interviews that has been translated recently.

He has another video as well.

This make it seems like Remake isn't just a name for the game because it's remaking the original game. I think they used the name Remake because it hints at Sephiroth trying to REMAKE the timeline.

Whisper Harbingers:It's also confirmed that the 3 harbingers aren't Cloud, Tifa, Barret from another timeline manifested. They are instead Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo.

Zack:I found it also very interesting with his response to the snacks bag we saw during Zack sequence. In which they replied "Is he now? [laughs]".
    I'm not well versed in dog breeds, but could be that's Stamp but just a puppy?

Anyway, from the recent interviews I'm glad to hear that it won't deviate as much as people claim it will be. It also solidify my own theories of what they are going for, which I obviously have confirmation bias of, but I R STILL PSYCHED!.
    about the whisper bosses, the reason why people thought that they were cloud Tifa and Barret was due to IGN saying they were and most people took their word as law, but you have people like night sky prince, soldier first class and Maximilian Dood who think outside the box and look more into detail and they get it correct the majority of the time.

Start playing it. The nostalgia hit was nice. However I think it will take me a while to adjust to the combat system. Fought the scorpion robot boss, had to say I didn't like it. Again, I need to adjust to it, not saying it is shit, just that I am a bit shit at it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Start playing it. The nostalgia hit was nice. However I think it will take me a while to adjust to the combat system. Fought the scorpion robot boss, had to say I didn't like it. Again, I need to adjust to it, not saying it is shit, just that I am a bit shit at it right now.

All part of the process, and par for the course

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

All part of the process, and par for the course
    Oh I know mate, I am on NG+4 on DS, NG+6 on DS3, I've walked the road of getting the shit kicked out of you until you are good enough to not get the shit kicked. I think I might have played so much of DS, then took a break for Persona 5 Royal, I just wasn't prepared to get my ass kicked so early on, caught me off guard.

I have to say though, I am loving the score of the game, still retaining the qualities of the original. I also look forward to seeing the Avalanche crew getting fleshed out more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just love the lovecraftian horror they made Jenova out to be in this remake.

#boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I just love the lovecraftian horror they made Jenova out to be in this remake.

Thats not Jenova.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Thats not Jenova.
    Think your find it is, it's a manifestation of one who had the jenova cells in them controlled by sepiroths will. Just like how in the original game jenova manifested in form from the pieces of itself in boss encounters before you finally confront it's true form at the end of the game.
    But yeah, this thing is jenova as much as jenova birth, life and death were, like a parasite taking control of a host body controlled by sepiroth will from a distance (which is what the sepiroths we're seeing in this remake are too)
    #boycottchina

Thats not Jenova.
    It’s literally named Jenova Dreamweaver. It’s one of the Jenova forms, and you fought multiple Jenova fights in FF7OG.

Thats not Jenova.
    Jenova dreamweaver. It's a sephiroth clone taking the form of an incomplete Jenova. This happened multiple times in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Think your find it is, it's a manifestation of one who had the jenova cells in them controlled by sepiroths will. Just like how in the original game jenova manifested in form from the pieces of itself in boss encounters before you finally confront it's true form at the end of the game.
    But yeah, this thing is jenova as much as jenova birth, life and death were, like a parasite taking control of a host body controlled by sepiroth will from a distance (which is what the sepiroths we're seeing in this remake are too)
    Yeah and they were not finall form, more like something twisted by jenova cells.

Jenova true form was just before Sephiroth fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s literally named Jenova Dreamweaver. It’s one of the Jenova forms, and you fought multiple Jenova fights in FF7OG.
    Thats clone mutated by jenova cells, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah and they were not finall form, more like something twisted by jenova cells.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s still Jenova.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

As Eapoe said, its still Jenova. The nature of Jenova is that its a sentient organism that possessed host bodies.

Theres an ongoing and unanswered speculation into who is controlling who, if sepiroth is in full control and controlling jenova, or if jenova is fully controlling sepiroth. As its been mentioned in several notes about jenova, its an entity that has spread across the universe doing the same to multiple planets, so just how much control sepiroth can even have over something like that is unanswered.

a paragrpath from alien species wiki

https://aliens.fandom.com/wiki/Jenova

Jenova's genetic structure is a two-way conduit; it can both take in the traits of its prey, and insert its own genes to turn other organisms into violent monsters. Once Jenova lands upon a new planet it will begin to destroy every form of life it finds. Jenova can absorb its prey's memories and form, hiding as their loved ones to destroy them. As stated in Professor Hojo's Jenova Reunion Theory, once Jenova's cells have been separated from the main body they will eventually reunite into one again. If they are inside a host body they can influence its mind and body to join the Reunion — sometimes so extremely the host organism is killed. For an unknown reason organisms affected by Jenova often grow a single wing capable of flight. The pupils of the affected can also change into a cat-like slit, though the rest of the eye remains unchanged.

Once Jenova has completely destroyed a planet it uses it as a vessel to travel the cosmos to the next unfortunate planet and this cycle may have been going for millions of years before the beginning of Final Fantasy VII. Jenova's age is unknown but since it can lay dormant for millennia if necessary it might be older than the planet of Gaia itself.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2020-05-10 at 12:10 AM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay after finally obtaining the Platinum trophy on the game I will do my best to give my honest opinion of the remake without getting too much into nostalgia love.

First I will start with the positive points (obviously there are a lot but let me put the main ones):

1-The fucking combat system is just pure awesomeness and fun the combination of classic turn based battle system + hack and slash action RPG style and the materia system makes things even 100 times more fun.

2-Obviously the visuals and graphics (I myself don't care about shiny graphics mostly gameplay that I care about but even I can't deny how great it is in this game).

3-Fleshing out the minor characters like Biggs, Jessie, and Wedge I mean they existed in the classic FF7 but they were super minor and background characters.

4-The remastered of the awesome classic sound tracks like the main battle theme and the bosses theme and Nobuo Uematsu helping composing the game is an awesome plus.

5-The overall voice acting is pretty good and each actor/actress voice is very spot on and suitable for the character they play.

Now let us go with the negative points:

1-I don't like the direction of the story specially at the end. I mean I don't mind changing some stuff to suit this era of gamers but I am not a fan of those god damn arbiter of fate shit specially of how many times it happened. I don't mind it if it happens once at the end like a mysterious shadowy figures at the end of the game to hype things up for part 2 but going on and on and on repeatedly is just too much for my taste tbh.

2-Over using Sephiroth too much is a bad idea imo. And revealing him as being the big bad threat of the planet this early is not good idea at all. I mean back in the classic FF7 during the start of the game the players are convinced that Shinra is the main threat and Sephiroth was this veteran 1st soldier who was suppose to be dead long ago, but then his reappearance in the classic when he impaled Shinra add sense of urgency and mystery of "WTF is going on here SHINRA IS DEAD!" feeling. Then when you finally escape Midgar and saw that giant Snake impaled by Sephiroth to showcase how powerful and scary Sephiroth really was and starting to notice that Sephiroth is indeed a big threat to us all. In the remake I can imagine when we see that scene with the giant snake we will go "oh cool" but nothing super wow about it and doesn't catch that sense of danger and threatening anymore.

3-Adding Classic difficulty where the game auto control and pilot your characters is just lazy and bad... I mean I know it is an option but come on why play the game if you wanna use it? go watch netflix or advent children if you are this lazy to even play the game.

4-The fetch side quests are so annoying and not needed (I know I know these are side quests but still they could make it interesting like the Behemoth ones or the arena ones), I feel the game can be greater without those boring fetch side quests tbh.

Overall I will give it a solid 8.2/10 this is my honest score without the nostalgia factor (been a video gamer since the 80s and I played so many JRPGs and I spent over 200+ playing the classic FF7).

I legitimately think that arbiter was some filler that Nomura surely had a hand in. You stop your bike, Sephiroth opens a portal and goes through Cloud goes "i'm going through this portal to fight Sephiroth!" and you do, but first you have a really lame Kingdom Hearts Reject fight that doesn't have any specific lines beyond the ambiguous 'Destiny and Dreams' shit Nomura loves and then you have the Sepiroth fight like that never happened. Its like they clipped a scene on a premier pro timeline and drag and dropped something else inbetween the two moments.

I love the game but boy do the whispers feel like a bad insert that wasn't needed at all. Imagine if Rebuild of Evangelion had time jannies rather than you just going "WHAT THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED!" out of the blue.