Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Party sync has been really great for my group of friends. Several came back to level some alts with the xp buff before Shadowlands. Now, we don't have to worry about keeping our characters close in levels. We all just sync to whoever is the lowest at the time and run dungeons together. Also helps avoid grind burnout. If somebody gets tired of spam tanking on their DK they can just hop over to their priest and heal for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dev'olution View Post
    I think you'll find it's a chance to get gear/cache. I swear I saw it say that it "May" reward you with the cache.
    Okay

/10caches

Quote Originally Posted by dev'olution View Post
    For all the doom and gloom that BFA may bring to players, I have to say that the one thing that has really impressed me of late was the recently implemented party sync.

Both me and the wife resubbed just the other day, and I've been levelling my horde alt from 110 up, while she is in nothrend in the high 70s.

Enter party sync.

The ability for me to get gear and xp my level, whilst helping my wife has been great and has improved both mine and my partner's experience in game. Especially as I'm getting to go back re enjoy some old content.

What are you thoughts on party sync? Who else has had positive experiences with this?
    BfA is almost at its end. AndIl I have no idea what Party Synch is

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Thats pretty sick. This feature seems insane for random people who meet in th world and "want to do something".
    You can even use that to replay quests such as Draenor bonus quests who give a big amount of XP you get the XP from quest you've already done (it has a 24hour CD tho)

Absolutely, one of the best changes ever. It got implemented while Classic was in full bloom so most people didn't notice it even on the PTR.
    It allows you to do some really fun things too like being able to scale down to level 60 and do semi-challenging content at that level on your main.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It would have been an awesome feature 10 years ago. But now other games have done it FAR better and offer better leveling as well. Leveling and playing Alts is complete garbage in BFA.

Waste of a good feature. Just another failing of BFA in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    It would have been an awesome feature 10 years ago. But now other games have done it FAR better and offer better leveling as well. Leveling and playing Alts is complete garbage in BFA.

Waste of a good feature. Just another failing of BFA in my opinion.
    I...think this post is completely backwards :S

I played 3 different MMORPGs since my WoW sub ran out...and every single one of them lacked this feature.
    Is an insane feature only WoW has.

I think Party Sync raised the standard of every single MMORPG ont he market.

To be clear this feature is ONLY for low level players who are at different parts of the game...to be able to play together.
    You get it right?

In ALL MMO's you get fucked because soon u are in different parts of the game....is BYE BYE to every single other player you know and meet in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I...think this post is completely backwards :S

I played 3 different MMORPGs since my WoW sub ran out...and every single one of them lacked this feature.
    Is an insane feature only WoW has.

I think Party Sync raised the standard of every single MMORPG ont he market.

To be clear this feature is ONLY for low level players who are at different parts of the game...to be able to play together.
    You get it right?

In ALL MMO's you get fucked because soon u are in different parts of the game....is BYE BYE to every single other player you know and meet in the world.
    I will elaborate what i wanted to say with my post...

In past years WoW was actually a good game, some would say great. There was content in endgame worth replaying on different characters. BFA is the worst expansion WoW has ever had. There is ZERO replayability on max-level, unless MAYBE you include the warcampaign, which would bring it up to exactly TWO characters - that are unable to play with the same friends - but playing with friends is the only purpose of this feature.

Adding a feature like that during an expansion as bad as BFA - ESPECIALLY for playing Alts - means this feature - which is a GOOD feature in principle - will be completely missed by the majority of players.

Think back to WoD - which was also a bad expansion but offered INCREDIBLE rewards for playing Alts. Since WoD had no content pretty much all i did during it was leveling Alts. So did most of my friends who did not quit during it. Having party snch back then would have been AMAZING.
    But what exactly am i supposed to do with it right now? Play the same fucking warcampaign for the 10th time to unlock a table that rewards NOTHING? Have the ability to play the same fucking WQs even more times to get into visions to catch up my cloak for WEEKS? Not find any groups for raiding since raiding is a complete waste of time in this expansion also? PvP with a 20:80 faction imbalance and no vendors?

Yeah, that sounds really enticing.

Again: It is a good feature. It comes WAY too late - but it would have still been awesome if the current expansion was not this incredibly offputting to Alts in general.

The mere fact that a majority of players do not even KNOW it exists - let alone how it works - is basically all you have to know to judge the quality of the way Blizzard rolled out this feature.

As for other MMOs: I will admit that i do not know about the details of how other MMOs have implemented it. But FF14 had level synch at least for dungeons as early as 2014.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-05-10 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Would be super awesome if I had friends. The main thing is you have to remind people to not disband the group until you've turned in all the quests or they vanish. That's a pain, there's not a warning there.
    I'm pretty sure that it does warn you, says something like 'Synced quests will be removed' when you go to turn off sync or go to leave group.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.