10+ Year Old Account

Question Vexiona HC as a warrior tank compared to a druid

Hey guys,

We've been clearing heroic Nyalotha for a few weeks now, so we bring in some alts every now and then (we're not a Mythic guild).

I've been tanking on my Druid for progress and I figured I'd bring in my alt warrior tank for a change.

He's lower geared, and probably not the greatest in secondary stats, trinkets and weapons, but it's not THAT terrible is it?

Our healers struggled to keep me alive during Annihilation blasts. I wondered if it was just me playing badly or them healing badly, or a combo of both.

Since my druid has Frenzied Regen he can press to heal himself back up after a blast, I guess that helps my healers. They said it doesn't require much extra healing on my Druid to keep me alive, and I hardly do any preparation or time any cooldowns around the blasts. I just don't die to them.

On my warrior I try to refresh Ignore Pain just before the blast, Spell Reflect if it's up, and even then I still needed spot healing, externals or personals to keep me alive.

Am I missing something or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Maybe I'm not understanding Ignore Pain correctly - It's just a damage absorb buff, which gets removed whenever the amount is absorbed, and you can simply cast it again if you have enough rage for a new absorb? Basically like a disc priest shield?

Shield Block simply blocks damage to smooth out the damage, but this doesn't work against Annihilation does it, since its magic damage?

Am I missing something, or is this something Warriors just arent good at?
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    snip
    Or you know, dispel after counting to 1, aka 7 stacks, and dispel again after counting to 2, which is the other 7 stacks, and then thats it.

You aint supposed to be getting 20 stacks and getting hit for insane amounts, HP bar doesnt even move if your healers aint incompetent with dispelling.

So yes, your raidleader is bad, the tanks are bad, and the healers are bad if you havent figured out its dispelable, considering even the debuff itself has the blue outline thats its dispelable.

If you want to get technical, which isnt even required with your gear level.

Press Demo Shout before the cast, pool rage for Ignore Pain x2 and press Spell Reflect, which shouldnt even be required, just dispel the damn debuff two times so it doesnt stack up.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-05-14 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your replies.

As for the raidleader, hes pretty terrible indeed (I'm the raid leader lol). I do take pride in taking my team to 12/12 HC, although that may be scrub level in your eyes.

My healers need a lot of guidance indeed, I try helping them out with a countdown, and I know they need a rotation for it. I guess I should have been more on point with that. It kinda caught me off guard, as I never had any issues with it on the druid. When I have 20 stacks on my druid, nothing really happens, but on the warrior I drop down long before I even reach 20.

I wish I had some logs from last night, but they didn't get uploaded for some reason. I'll try some next time.

As for my Warlock alt, @Iem ; My warrior is kinda my main alt now, as I have a hard time raid leading on a dps spec, I prefer either tanking or healing, and I can't do that on a warlock lol.
    Warlock (SL main)

you can use demo shout + spell reflect for the 1st, 3rd, 5th etc.
    then you can use shield wall or a trinket for 2nd, 4th, etc.

if dispells are hard for your healers and you know you are going to 20, you can ask for an external CD on top of those before the beam starts. or call the beam so healers know to start spamming you. also have dps prioritize the beam adds if they aren't already if tank deaths are a problem.

but at the end of the day: it's supposed to hurt especially if you aren't overgeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you can use demo shout + spell reflect for the 1st, 3rd, 5th etc.
    then you can use shield wall or a trinket for 2nd, 4th, etc.

if dispells are hard for your healers and you know you are going to 20, you can ask for an external CD on top of those before the beam starts. or call the beam so healers know to start spamming you. also have dps prioritize the beam adds if they aren't already if tank deaths are a problem.

but at the end of the day: it's supposed to hurt especially if you aren't overgeared.
    Thanks for this!

I'm still figuring out cooldown timings on pretty much all bosses. This is really helpful. Cheers
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Thanks for this!

I'm still figuring out cooldown timings on pretty much all bosses. This is really helpful. Cheers
    As said dispel, or just solo tank the boss and leave the add to your off tank (how i do on mythic). I take the orb from the add to reset stacks on intermission, nuking the set of adds that spawn at the same time for lol dps.

Your reflect will damage boss on despair (use at the end for shattering resolve back on her) don't bother using on breath, IP makes a joke of the corruption so long as you reset between phases. Save an orb for the last 40% and use after the first stack. For the last phase you can easily soak the stack mechanic with your cds with OT and one other immune class, especially if you have N'zoth trinket which you can use on first and third.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Or you know, dispel after counting to 1, aka 7 stacks, and dispel again after counting to 2, which is the other 7 stacks, and then thats it.

You aint supposed to be getting 20 stacks and getting hit for insane amounts, HP bar doesnt even move if your healers aint incompetent with dispelling.

So yes, your raidleader is bad, the tanks are bad, and the healers are bad if you havent figured out its dispelable, considering even the debuff itself has the blue outline thats its dispelable.

If you want to get technical, which isnt even required with your gear level.

Press Demo Shout before the cast, pool rage for Ignore Pain x2 and press Spell Reflect, which shouldnt even be required, just dispel the damn debuff two times so it doesnt stack up.

This.... Its a game based on team work. You can rotate your abilities to reduce this, but it is easily dispelled....
    Created on the 25th April 2005.
    Protection Warrior since the old days of UBRS.

P.S. Make a part of your warrior community happy and bring Gladiator Stance back...