Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I doubt it. Odds are more favorable he just finds an excuse why they are "fake" if he loses and tries to stay in that way. If he wins it is real all day everyday. So in late September and early October we will start hearing rumbles of conspiracy. The deep state is against him sort of thing. Certain states faking or being corrupted because of mail vote (he is setting that one up already). He wins it disappears. He loses it is all out war on America and it's people.

It's more his style to be passive aggressive then directly aggressive. It is why he loves Twitter and Fox News. He can lash out without direct confrontation and then ball up and say little to nothing once face to face. It also plays to his ego because it gives him a chance to win still. He wants to win. No election means he stays in for sure but it isn't beating the opponent. So he can just go scumbag if that doesn't work out.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

They cant use that excuse when they reopened everything already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    They cant use that excuse when they reopened everything already.
    Except they can. It's been proven time and time again that it doesn't matter if it's publicly demonstrated that they're hypocrites. They will just do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Not postponing the election" is not an extreme. "Not postponing the election" is the standard. What you're arguing here is a logical fallacy.

Me: I'd like to take all of The Centrist's money.
    The Centrist: No! I don't want you to take my money!
    Me: Well clearly the answer is between the two extremes. Give me half your money.
    The Centrist: Who do I make the check out to?

See how stupid that souinds?
    The flaw in your reasoning is that the other extreme is not merely that I don't want you to take my money. Instead, the other extreme is that I also want to take all your money. The middle position between me taking all your money and you taking all my money is that neither of us takes the other's money. See how the middle ground provides us with the correct answer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That does not mean much. If something is mandated and the guy in charge decides to just not do it, like vote on a Supreme Court nomination... The past few years were about finding out how sorely America is missing "or else" clauses.
    Except Trump isn't in charge of the elections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Centrist View Post
    The flaw in your reasoning is that the other extreme is not merely that I don't want you to take my money. Instead, the other extreme is that I also want to take all your money. The middle position between me taking all your money and you taking all my money is that neither of us takes the other's money. See how the middle ground provides us with the correct answer?
    Still waiting on whether we should deport only half of the democrats as the ideal solution?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

He will try and fail. Then he will refuse to leave when he loses. Then he will eventually be forced out by a supreme court decision declaring whatever attempt he made umconstitutional. Then he will be arrested for the enormous number of crimes he committed during and before taking office. Then I'll finally sleep well at night again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Polls says Biden is gonna win by a landslide, just like Hillary was gonna win by a landslide in 2016
    Last edited by zmp; 2020-05-15 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    He will try and fail. Then he will refuse to leave when he loses. Then he will eventually be forced out by a supreme court decision declaring whatever attempt he made umconstitutional. Then he will be arrested for the enormous number of crimes he committed during and before taking office. Then I'll finally sleep well at night again.
    What's your plan if he wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    What's your plan if he wins?
    Ritual suicide?

10+ Year Old Account
    The flaw in your reasoning is that the other extreme is not merely that I don't want you to take my money.
    Yes it is. Because you don't get to decide the extreme someone else picks. That's why it's unreasonable to split the difference.

The Constitution, the law of the land, says the election does not move. The law also says I don't get to take your money.

Moving the election -- especially due to a handwaved flu which shouldn't stop people from going back to work -- is the other extreme, no matter how far. Me taking any of your money is the other extreme, no matter how much.

Splitting the difference is illogical and stupid. Stop defending it. Or, get your checkbook. Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Still waiting on whether we should deport only half of the democrats as the ideal solution?
    The two extremes in your scenario are that Republicans want to deport all Democrats and Democrats want to deport all Republicans, so the middle ground is that nobody is deported. The middle ground provides us the correct solution once again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes it is. Because you don't get to decide the extreme someone else picks. That's why it's unreasonable to split the difference.
    Your second sentence is absolutely correct, you don't get to decide the extreme someone else picks. You picked the extreme of taking all my money. I picked the extreme of taking all your money. We each picked our own extreme, and the middle ground is that neither of us takes the other's money.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Except they can. It's been proven time and time again that it doesn't matter if it's publicly demonstrated that they're hypocrites. They will just do it anyway.
    Exactly. His followers have proven they can be yoyo'ed. Get them marching and pointing guns at people at state capitals about re-opening but the moment Trump or the team feels they might lose it wouldn't change a thing to those people for them to suddenly reverse and scream "CLOSE IT UP" and those same people will be in there point guns at defenseless representatives because god king said so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    I'd like to think that will happen but it's hard to be optimistic when he can ignore and break the law on a daily basis and nothing EVER happens because of it. The supreme court will side with whatever he says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your second sentence is absolutely correct, you don't get to decide the extreme someone else picks. You picked the extreme of taking all my money. I picked the extreme of taking all your money.
    And now you see the flaw of the system. You just tried to take all my money, to defend your own. As opposed to saying "No, you can't have my money, that's illegal or stupid" and walking away.

Also, what if I don't have as much money as you? Now you get to play that game. Hey TheCentrist take out a loan then give me that money too.

See how stupid this sounds? That's what you're defending. Stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Pools says Biden is gonna win by a landslide, just like Hillary was gonna win by a landslide in 2016
    Pools are also notorious for being full of piss . . .
    Putin khuliyo

The two extremes in your scenario are that Republicans want to deport all Democrats and Democrats want to deport all Republicans, so the middle ground is that nobody is deported. The middle ground provides us the correct solution once again.

- - - Updated - - -

Your second sentence is absolutely correct, you don't get to decide the extreme someone else picks. You picked the extreme of taking all my money. I picked the extreme of taking all your money. We each picked our own extreme, and the middle ground is that neither of us takes the other's money.
    Fine, I want all of Deff Bezos' money. He wants all of mine. That would mean that the compromise is that I get half of his, and he gets half of mine. Or, to further shutter your bullshit argument, The Democrats never wanted him to be President, so you'd have to subtract 3+ years for them. I guess that's why you got ripped off by a psychic.

Go get me half of Jeff's money

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Why would Trump postpone something he is likely to win? This anti-Trump website may hate him with all it's gusto, but it does not nearly reflect anything besides liberal hatred. Look at the polls on this board, it's extremely biased. This thread is just more representation. It's like before he was elected and the media whined that he would not accept it if he lost, not knowing it would be democrats who did that when Hillary lost. Keep echoing each other. I mean, Biden was asked if he would pardon Trump today....shouldn't you guys have made a thread just for that?
    Hillary actually won by the popular vote, which is all that matters in democratic systems. Trump only got the presidency due to America being constructed to favor fascists and proto-fascist so that they can claim wins. Republicans are incredibly unpopular, to the point where they have to suppress voters to have a chance. They have admitted it, if they would stop voter suppression, they would never again have a victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    If things are looking bad for him? Yes, he'll try. He will use argument of the Democrats to cancel elections during COVID19 (which might be active in November again anyway) and not care about looking like a a hypocrite. His followers nor will his party will care. Using his hypocrisy as an argument in hopes they will 'come to their senses' is useless.

The thing to do now is to push for mail in ballots, ballot harvesting, and successfully sue elections that were impacted by the last two months. That's the only way to set precedent against postponing the election due to a crisis.

The GOP is good at the long con and will resist so they can throw their hands in the air and say 'I guess we need to postpone the elections just like you guys said in November". Democrats will yell "hypocrites", a word that means nothing to a Republican, Trump gets his way.

Push for alternatives now. The only thing that will stop Trump are the courts. The courts need viable options and precedent set in place so Trump (states) can't justify postponing elections.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-05-15 at 05:29 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If things are looking bad for him? Yes, he'll try. He will use argument of the Democrats to cancel elections during COVID19 (which might be active in November again anyway) and not care about looking like a a hypocrite. His followers nor will his party will care. Using his hypocrisy as an argument in hopes they will 'come to their senses' is useless.

The thing to do now is to push for mail in ballots, ballot harvesting, and successfully sue elections that were impacted by the last two months. That's the only way to set precedent against postponing the election due to a crisis.

The GOP is good at the long con and will resist so they can throw their hands in the air and say 'I guess we need to postpone the elections just like you guys said in November". Democrats will yell "hypocrites", a word that means nothing to a Republican, Trump gets his way.

Push for alternatives now. The only thing that will stop Trump are the courts. The courts need viable options and precedent set in place so Trump (states) can't justify postponing elections.
    I agree - when it starts looking REALLY bad for Trump in September (after the Dem post-Convention poll boost) and in October when the party is united and billions of PAC money is pushing ads with Trump's own words killing him. That's when Trump will get scary. And if he loses in November, those will be some "difficult" months for this country.