Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The state of Wow servers in China

This reddit thread was locked by mods because of reports on what was being discussed and argued on reddit itself, but figured might open up a discussion here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._wow_in_china/

Clicking on the discussion tag shows the full post that was made there. To sum it up, the state of wow servers in china compared to anywhere else is a pretty awful state. From images and whats been said, the state of servers there is almost unplayable as game.
    Servers are flooded with bots constantly, advertisement for gold selling and raid/heroic runs are thrust in players faces constantly without a break, your bombarded by this all the time there, and because of the bots, the game is littered with multiboxers everywhere farming.

to quote the one making the article.

We've been bullied by boosting sellers for so long and we are losing our Azeroth. We just want to save our world . We request Blizzard and Netease start taking care of the RMT companies and their spam ads. These are our appeals:

Netease is demonstrating an indifferent altitude to Chinese WOWer’s complaints about those issues. We request Netease to create a section in Netease Battlenet Forum or NGA, the most popular WOW discussion forum in China. The section is meant to set up as a channel for direct conversation between the operating staffs and WOWers. We believe the communication will help rebuilding the gaming environment.

Currently Netease is using some kind of program to process our in-game cheating reports. Our reports usually don’t receive any replies, and those RMT farm bots or other kind of cheaters are not punished. Not like the game masters in other servers, the customer service staffs that replies our tickets has extremely limited knowledge about the game, and usually cannot effectively solve our problems. We request Netease to adopt game masters that is familiar with the game and do in-game patrols to stop inappropriate gaming behaviors. Our tickets regarding cheating reports should be taken care by real persons instead of programs, and should receive replies in three business days.

Auto farm bots who participate in RMT are now banned only by one of their eight wow accounts. They can easily create new wow accounts to continue whatever they were doing. We request Netease to consider banning all WOW accounts as a possible punishment while significant cheating behavior is spotted. This will risen the cost of violating the rules.

We need Netease to add an in-game function that blacklist all characters under the same Battlenet account.
    Honestly, for whatever complaints we make about the game in western countries, we really have little to complain about in comparison. And blizzard themselves because of Chinese laws are pretty much incapable of doing anything to change this.
    #boycottchina

China is going to fall apart in the next 10 years. The bubble will burst. Wow servers are just a tip of the ice berg.

5+ Year Old Account
    Isn’t cheating a cultural challenge in in China.

Like the better the cheater you are the more Rep you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    A game run by tencent that the original developer has no say in is a complete wreck?

Who knew!

This is what happens when you hand control of your product in China over to what amounts to the Chinese government.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    A game run by tencent that the original developer has no say in is a complete wreck?

Who knew!

This is what happens when you hand control of your product in China over to what amounts to the Chinese government.
    While there are multiple layers to this issue, Blizzard wanted to get into China for money. Which any company would do to increase profits. You'd be an idiot not to. Of course it's going to be a shit show, but at the end of the day the company made its money by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not much Blizzard can do and its not surprising that companies go after China, its a massive market(Cause population). I't think something massive would have to get tencent to budge.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Cheating in China is considered as being smart and that it's the others' fault for letting themselves get cheated. Kind of like how the USA lost sovereignty to the un-loyal, powerful mafias turned law makers. The difference is China does it out in the open and does not care about its reputation being defamed. Only one entity can eventually win all the politicians by buying /owning them all and China is not it. There will always be only ONE super powerful lobby at the top. China is too big, and therefore easier to corrupt.

Like someone else already said in the reddit post, there's not much we or anyone else can do to help, not even Blizzard and that's completely their own government's fault. Netease is not required to oblige to Blizzard's request and if anything it can just damage Blizzard's relationship with them and hurt the entire chinese playerbase and market in the process.

That's some pretty depressing reading...

They even bullies other players in the game. In a Battle for Darkshore Warfront, the boosting sellers pretend to be normal players to build a team, and kick off other 29 players in front of the last boss. Then they invite another 29 players who paid for this to kill the last boss, which brings extremely terrible experience to all players. While facing our compliant tickets, Netease feels "sorry and sympathetic" about the situation.
    Is particularly worrisome.
    Obviously, one could boot people and be a real dick over here as well. But it seems they can invite new people at the end of the warfront, I can't think of a reason why they would change that, other than to enable selling boss kills....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Honestly, for whatever complaints we make about the game in western countries, we really have little to complain about in comparison. And blizzard themselves because of Chinese laws are pretty much incapable of doing anything to change this.
    I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the Chinese legal system (or how it purports to function) but if blizzard's legally hamstrung, Tencent won't do anything (because why would they) and there is a material risk to Chinese citizens if they complain from good ol' uncle Winnie.

Isn't that just the end of it? There is nothing the west can do and it's not worth it for a citizen to risk the ire of an authoritarian kleptomaniac dictatorship by besmirching one of the kleptarchs over a videogame.

Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    Its shunned, but theirs so many that do it because of their population size. I mean hell, you can lose credit score if caught cheating over in china as a resident. They are commies after all. Shit is crazy backwards and narrow minded in a lot of things cause the government knows no wrong or black masks and missing families start to happen.
    "They are commies after all". What a backward view. As if the Westerners, we, are any better. Do you live there? Do anyone here have any experience of living in China is like or actually know anything about China besides reading a few articles on the net and watching a few video on youtube.

Lets not pretend Europe or the US is any better morally. Look at the corruption over here by the big companies. The lobbyist influencing the government to do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This reddit thread was locked by mods because of reports on what was being discussed and argued on reddit itself, but figured might open up a discussion here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._wow_in_china/

Clicking on the discussion tag shows the full post that was made there. To sum it up, the state of wow servers in china compared to anywhere else is a pretty awful state. From images and whats been said, the state of servers there is almost unplayable as game.
    Servers are flooded with bots constantly, advertisement for gold selling and raid/heroic runs are thrust in players faces constantly without a break, your bombarded by this all the time there, and because of the bots, the game is littered with multiboxers everywhere farming.

to quote the one making the article.

Its "Chi-NA". what else do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    Someones defensive over commies and pulling out things that never even got brought up. Calm your tilted tantrum, you're clearly just trying to be angry at anything someone says and bringing in unrelated topics to the conversation so you can act like you have something to say but its soapboxing at best.

Now calm down and take a step back, and breath and if you can't. Am sure you can find something else to be angry at.
    "Commies" again. I wonder what colorful words you use for other demographics. You believe what you want since you seem to consider yourself to be superior.

Why was that reddit thread locked? It seems very well put together and highly upvoted. Is there some rule against posting about China and bots?
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-05-16 at 05:31 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Flooded with bots"

Well its China so...

Besides, they started SARS in 03' MERS in 2012 and now COVID in 2019 who cares about the state of their WoW servers.

Are people even still playing wow in "Chy-nah"? I figured they all started playing their own homebrew stuff over there, like JO or the stuff the south koreans churn out.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    "Commies" again. I wonder what colorful words you use for other demographics. You believe what you want since you seem to consider yourself to be superior.
    this is an odd thing to have issues about lol,is it not a fact china is communist?what does it have to do with the demographic?also yeah,im pretty sure freedom vs slavery is superior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom
    Do anyone here have any experience of living in China is like or actually know anything about China besides reading a few articles on the net and watching a few video on youtube.
    Well, actually, yes. I've been here 20 years.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I can honestly say that i have never seen this many multibox-botters on my EU (German RP) realm either. When i do "/who Azshara" i have the cap of 50 hits of lvl111 druids farming gold in there 24/7.

This has been going on for MONTHS.

I am not talking about the druid-herb-farm-squads from Silvermoon+Draenor darkening the sky on my realm constantly, abusing x-realm-grouping to destroy my realm, no. I am talking about >50 multiboxed botter characters created on MY REALM running circles in Eye of Azshara.

My realm is tiny. These botters are actually contributing a meaningful %-margin to active players now. It has never before been this dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

You’re thinking of Russian gamers.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'