Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah, that game looks like shit, and that is giving it a lot of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yeah, that game looks like shit, and that is giving it a lot of credit.
    You mean World of Warcraft? Yeah i agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You mean World of Warcraft? Yeah i agree 100%
    Shadowlands Unironically looks better than a lot of the Blue Protocol areas I think
    some of the ground textures are reaally rough.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Could have just named the thread blue protocol.

No need to name it about WoW and thus make all discussion about WoW.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Shadowlands Unironically looks better than a lot of the Blue Protocol areas I think
    some of the ground textures are reaally rough.
    I made a decision to never play WoW again until they stop with the nonsense of:
    1) Trying to appeal to everyone which always end up appealing to no one and makes ithe game have "no soul" or "a personality"
    2) No deep class customization in gameplay
    3) No RPG elements

I...refuse to play this crap

But...would be nice if i could shut up and not complain or ill end up being a "hater"
    The sad part is that i have no idea what to do now on MMO-C everyday....so sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I tried a few mmo's over the years but I don't think I would commit to another one unless a big dev who is known for polish makes it... maybe riot?

It just isn't a hot seller right now. MMO's went from printing money to simply being strong work horses. They still make a very good amount of money but it shackles a company to a full time development team.

Riot has been aggressively expanding into other genres of late and they did hire ghostcrawler but out side of that long shot I can't really imagine a big wow style mmo being made anymore that isn't Final fantasy online.
    The only other MMO that I've ever played that got me close to how I feel with WoW was Rift. Rift started out so damn strong, IMO. Classes felt amazing, raids/dungeons were quite compelling, events were interesting, a good amount of robust systems. However, as you mentioned, those shackles wore on them, and it hit after like the 2nd xpac(?), enough that you could feel them start to give up. Raids became incredibly unpolished, new content became lazy, the later introduced cash shop started to include full sets of raid gear.

I have yet to play another MMO that has captured the feel that Wow or Rift did. The only other MMO's I really bother with nowadays is SWTOR, but that's mainly to keep up with story since I freaking love Star Wars, and ESO (whenver a new xpac comes out, I'll usually sub for a month and play through the previous xpac for story)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you want a good raiding game you kind of are, no one has made as good of a raiding game.... ever... since wow came out. Everyone is too focused on pvp, or the "single player experience" in an MMO.
    Rift had amazing raids in it's early days. Trion just couldn't keep doing the development and the game slowly got Thanos'd

I rate 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post

Rift had amazing raids in it's early days. Trion just couldn't keep doing the development and the game slowly got Thanos'd
    Same with Wildstar, raids were fantastic, but they were only able to add 2 post launch raids and had to focus too much on fixing the fundamental issues (didn't work F)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

A friend of mine who played the beta said the game is "nice".

So by any means, it's probably not trash, but it's certainly not the holy grail either.
    Just a fresh thing to play/do whatever. I'd asume it will die out eventually, but maybe most people will get a few months of fun out of it.

Actually loved rift... such a sad state now.

Actually loved rift... such a sad state now.
    Ya, it was really the only MMO that could ever compete with WoW for me. I don't know why I thought Trion selling it off to someone else was going to give it a jolt. Instead the new company has added, IIRC, 1 new piece of content since they bought it in late 2018. I loved going back for each xpac and having that little fun, but the new company seems more intent on milking every single penny without putting anything back into the game besides more cash shop stuff.

Ya, it was really the only MMO that could ever compete with WoW for me. I don't know why I thought Trion selling it off to someone else was going to give it a jolt. Instead the new company has added, IIRC, 1 new piece of content since they bought it in late 2018. I loved going back for each xpac and having that little fun, but the new company seems more intent on milking every single penny without putting anything back into the game besides more cash shop stuff.
    I've heard that gamingo or whoever they sold it to is worse company than trion.

I've heard that gamingo or whoever they sold it to is worse company than trion.
    Yes, Trion at least put out content, even if it wasn't much and took a while (by the end that is). The new company, has put out I think 1 world boss, 1 new major item (a horrible event Earring), a handful of cash shop stuff, and then Battle Passes. Besides that, from what I hear, nothing new has been added to the game. I also remember seeing that the new company stated their primary goal for rift was to get its operating costs as low as humanely possible, so that gives you a pretty good idea of what their intentions are.

Shadowlands will decide whether to finally fully give up on WoW ever becoming a decent game and leave it behind and remember it only as being such a shame of a missed opportunity to make a good game great. Best part is I am replacing WoW with 4 or 5 games that I don't have to pay for and that provide endless fun given the variety of game modes, graphics, story lines, gameplay...etc

I want WoW to succeed but I have given up on ever seeing it how I would like for it to be.

I felt this way for a long time, but then I fell in love with the combat of TERA and Black Desert Online, and the atmosphere of Elder Scrolls online. If there were ever to be a game that fully replaced WoW for me, though, it would be FFXIV, but that's unlikely considering I don't know anyone ever there, and the only real reason I keep playing WoW is to play with very old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's anime. Hard pass.
    Came here to say this. Could be one of the best MMOs on the market. Strong dislike of anything anime. Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    If there is anything Japan is known for, it is not genericness. I have visited Japan several times and seen how creativity, perfection, super high quality and fairness are ingrained into every aspect of their life. While North America functions in the exact opposite of all that. In North America, they create mediocre products and slightly improve and modify them to create the illusion of being creative in order to milk people's money as much as possible.

To those other posters, WoW is a cartoony game, so if you bully people for liking anime, calling them weebs, you are no different for liking cartoony WoW.
    I'm a huge weeb and have been since 1991. Own 2000+ anime DVDs (300+ VHS tapes and around 70+ Laser Dicks too), 300+ BDs, and 300+ manga (sold most of them back in 2010). I also pay six hentai artists pixivbox accounts and bought 500+ hentai doujins.

JAPAN COPIES THE EVER LIVING FUCK OUT OF EACH OTHER AND OTHER COUNTRIES.

Just look at the goddam isekai genre the past 10+ years. Fucking hell.....

That being said, fuck anti-weebs and people that outright hate anime shit for no reason. They're some of the most insufferable cunts (to be fair, I've met a lot anime fans that were insufferable cunts too) I've dealt with online since the mid-90s.

They're probably a sham in real life too...
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2020-05-16 at 03:17 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    I'm a huge weeb and have been since 1991. Own 2000+ anime DVDs (300+ VHS tapes and around 70+ Laser Dicks too), 300+ BDs, and 300+ manga (sold most of them back in 2010). I also pay six hentai artists pixivbox accounts and bought 500+ hentai doujins.

JAPAN COPIES THE EVER LIVING FUCK OUT OF EACH OTHER AND OTHER COUNTRIES.

Just look at the goddam isekai genre the past 10+ years. Fucking hell.....

That being said, fuck anti-weebs and people that outright hate anime shit for no reason. They're some of the most insufferable cunts I've dealt with online since the mid-90s.

They're probably a sham in real life too...
    I'm just more impressed that its dismissed as "anime hard pass" when as far as graphical fidelity goes for an MMO its superb. Like, get any art-style to look that stylish with that many people at once and I'd be happy with it. Some MMOs have managed it, but not with animations that fluid and seemingly diverse/custom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of this before now.

Anime MMORPG without the focus of endgame being PVP???

Sounds interesting. Lemme know when its localized and its western audience and developers are ignored.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Shadowlands will decide whether to finally fully give up on WoW ever becoming a decent game and leave it behind and remember it only as being such a shame of a missed opportunity to make a good game great. Best part is I am replacing WoW with 4 or 5 games that I don't have to pay for and that provide endless fun given the variety of game modes, graphics, story lines, gameplay...etc

I want WoW to succeed but I have given up on ever seeing it how I would like for it to be.
    Just delete your account like I did. It gets rid of all that heavy useless weight that keeps bringing you back in.

Blizzard does not seek to change. They removed all their old devs and replaced them with people who's first videogame was fucking angry birds.