Poll: Are you happy with the coming changes?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am really surprised. I stopped classic weeks ago when I got so bored.

I managed to get one to max level, but my alts are stuck in the 20's or below.

I guess if you raided you have something to do even if the content is so easy. At least you are gearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    My fresh 120 alt is at 121 corruption. WTF.

Grinding for corruption resistance is so foul. I fucking hate it.
    I would say the problem has more to do with the fact that you are trying to wear every corruption you have than it has to do with your cloak resistance. IMO it would be stupid for a fresh 120 to be able to gear that much corruption.

If you ignore the screeching of this should've been here when 8.3 launched yadayada... I'd say it's a solid 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Like, ideally they wouldn't have used a currency that half of the playerbase couldn't acquire with the other half sitting on like several tens of thousands.
    Like, ideally there wouldn't be this random rotation of... randomness for no apparent reason.
    Like, ideally Essences would still just be purchasable on fresh characters without going through a 1 month grind of 8.2 content.

Could they have done better? Yes. could it have come sooner? Yes. Am I an envious little bitch because some people get a R3 IS or TD a week before me? No, because I'm not a jealous little bitch. Am I up in arms because this is totally going to ruin the precious 4-months-into-a-tier balance a couple months before the new expansion is gonna invalidate everything anyways? No, because I'm not a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess that you have earned a total of zero dollars in your lifetime from writing code. They made a mistake, you don't need to be a total dick about it. They're going to fix it, they were transparent about acknowledging it. No reason to cry like a baby over it.
    Well if they actually paid the coders better instead of all going into the top guys pockets they might not miss so many commas

It's a good idea but with obvious flaws that I'm 100% tons of people pointed out:

1. it should have been like that from the start, about 4 months too late, many people signed out of bfa / 8.3 already and won't be back until shadowlands no matter what carrots are hanged in the current game

2. cleansed items cannot be re-corrupted should be fixed, ASAP, for majority of people a.k.a. casuals most of their gear will come from visions (always corrupted) and invasion boxes / emissaries (high chance to be corrupted), so now getting avoidant or siphoner is a double spit to the face

3. why not just put another currency and leave the old one for essences? now some people are unfairly punished because they didn't plan around stockpiling them (I heard if you bought all essences, echoes stop dropping) or could never receive them in the first place if they didn't have any alts

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess that you have earned a total of zero dollars in your lifetime from writing code. They made a mistake, you don't need to be a total dick about it. They're going to fix it, they were transparent about acknowledging it. No reason to cry like a baby over it.
    I think its a refreshing change having a dev openly admitting "yup, we messed that up, and will do our best to fix the issue". What i find extremely ironic is that there are STILL some people claiming this was all just a ploy from Blizzard, and they intentionally withheld this feature from 8.3 launch to drag it out. Ironic because i believe this innocent coding situation shows they clearly did NOT plan this before 8.3, and zero planning or testing was conducted.

Look, i realise the handful of bandwagon clowns will stick to their narrative that Blizzard bad and evil and only make bad evil decisions, but at face value, its very clear to me that they made a mistake by not starting with a similar target-able system at launch, read the feedback, and EVENTUALLY decided to make a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It would have been good - weeks ago. Now, after many people have sirens a lot of money on gear, its a spit in the face. Never trust Blizzard with money I guess.
    If it wasn't for the fact that it is mostly the same people who are going to turn around and sell H raid and M+ boosts until shadowlands I may have given a dam, but because of that I'm all for bleeding the try hards of their boost money.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think its a refreshing change having a dev openly admitting "yup, we messed that up, and will do our best to fix the issue". What i find extremely ironic is that there are STILL some people claiming this was all just a ploy from Blizzard, and they intentionally withheld this feature from 8.3 launch to drag it out. Ironic because i believe this innocent coding situation shows they clearly did NOT plan this before 8.3, and zero planning or testing was conducted.

Look, i realise the handful of bandwagon clowns will stick to their narrative that Blizzard bad and evil and only make bad evil decisions, but at face value, its very clear to me that they made a mistake by not starting with a similar target-able system at launch, read the feedback, and EVENTUALLY decided to make a change.
    you have it all wrong. And they didnt phrase it like that at all so dont give us "yup we messed up" when you can just as easily say what happened to waiting till its ready.

Its pretty clear blizzard didnt intend to let players choose corruptions. Otherwise they would have coded them to be reversed in the first place, rather than in a way that is difficult to fix.

What does that tell you? They had to abandon their plans and open up the flood gates because clearly less people are playing the game in a stagnant patch?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    [Citation Needed]

Kinda getting sick of the constant "classic vs retail" bullshit.
    Don't you know? Classic has at least 32 million people playing. Everyone ever scorned by blizzard EVER is now in classic having the time of their lives. Little known fact but the advent of Classic actually brought about world piece, AND fed the starving people of the world with mage biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    you have it all wrong. And they didnt phrase it like that at all so dont give us "yup we messed up" when you can just as easily say what happened to waiting till its ready.

Its pretty clear blizzard didnt intend to let players choose corruptions. Otherwise they would have coded them to be reversed in the first place, rather than in a way that is difficult to fix.

What does that tell you? They had to abandon their plans and open up the flood gates because clearly less people are playing the game in a stagnant patch?
    Tin foil is on sale at my local market. You need me to pick some up for you? You gotta be running low after making your sombrero sized tinfoil joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Tin foil is on sale at my local market. You need me to pick some up for you? You gotta be running low after making your sombrero sized tinfoil joint.
    Tinfoil eh, thats a new one. Havent heard that used as a joke on the internet before.

you have it all wrong.

What on earth are you talking about? Honestly the funny thing here is you agree with me, but you are so keen to cause drama you dont even realise. They have admitted they have been trying to find a solution, and are unsure if they even will be able to find one. How long do they wait? 1 month? 6 months? 2 expansions?

What on earth are you talking about? Honestly the funny thing here is you agree with me, but you are so keen to cause drama you dont even realise. They have admitted they have been trying to find a solution, and are unsure if they even will be able to find one. How long do they wait? 1 month? 6 months? 2 expansions?
    Gaming is a competitive market. They are not owed my money.

Great games are coming out left and right but im supposed to hand over months worths of subs till they get it right?

Gaming is a competitive market. They are not owed my money.

Great games are coming out left and right but im supposed to hand over months worths of subs till they get it right?
    STRAWMAN! woohoo! keep punching at those ghosts. No one said that, i certainly never said anything even close.

It's almost what I wanted, apart from that I'd have liked to be able to earn two Malefic Cores from Visions each week instead of one from Visions and one from raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It's almost what I wanted, apart from that I'd have liked to be able to earn two Malefic Cores from Visions each week instead of one from Visions and one from raiding.
    I think its a positive change overall, but certainly no chance of being perfect for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    How can it be a HUGE problem when you have no idea how long it takes to cycle through all of the corruptions?
    Let's just say I've lost faith in Blizzard to do anything correctly the first go about it.

I think its a positive change overall, but certainly no chance of being perfect for everyone.
    Yeah, but for a step in the direction of "helping alts catch up", you'd have thought they'd make the corruption resistance catch up soloable :/

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Yeah, but for a step in the direction of "helping alts catch up", you'd have thought they'd make the corruption resistance catch up soloable :/
    To be fair, i have solod to 10+ on alts, but not taken many of them much beyond that. I dont know if it gets too hard on alts solo beyond that, my 'mains' have been fine, but i do find it VERY class specific solo - some have next to no issues, and others seem to really struggle. But i do think the old problem of getting gear you cannot equip is worse than it ever has been due to corruption. It used to be tier items / WF/TF and other systems that caused the issue, now its getting some terrible lower ilvl items with rank 3 bis corruptions meaning you wont replace them even with much higher ilvl gear, or, its getting amazing rank 3 essences on solid items that you would LOVE to equip, but its a toon with low resistance and you cant 'safely' use the item. Not a good feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Let's just say I've lost faith in Blizzard to do anything correctly the first go about it.
    Right, so a potential issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Don't you know? Classic has at least 32 million people playing. Everyone ever scorned by blizzard EVER is now in classic having the time of their lives. Little known fact but the advent of Classic actually brought about world piece, AND fed the starving people of the world with mage biscuits.
    Probably why all the top wow streamers and players are playing it 8 hours a day and loving every minute of it. I read somewhere the Method is struggling to maintain a roster because all their best players are heading to Classic for a real challenge.

Too late.

This is how things should have worked from the start, and I probably wouldn't have quit then. It's been too long now. I'm not going to start again until the SL prepatch, and it'll be to see if SL is worth buying, not because of these fixes.