Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    This is so dumb on an infinite number of levels. Where the hell was this shit months ago? This is a HAIL MARY to 1) Keep subs running till Shadowlands and 2) Give those struggling with raids a fighting chance which will ultimately translate to #1 and also improves the alt game. This is an amazingly positive change... BUT SO FUCKING LATE into the expac. Geez this is so frustratingly annoying to see this now. This entire expansion there has been an seriously obvious lack of communication within the dev team.
    Blizz listens to feedback and does a change in favor of the players
    'WTF THIS IS JUST A HAIL MARY TO KEEP PLAYERS, SO FUCKING LATE INTO THE EXPAC!"

What? we are only 4 months into the patch... like we are less then half way till the prepatch, that is not "so fucking late"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    And 15 days isn't an exaggeration. 300 per day and it takes 4800 to get it done. That's 16 days.
    So you've completed one single day of the dailies in Nazjatar, essentially ~15-30 minutes of effort in the last 4 months and 1 week, and you're complaining because the essence isn't easy enough to get? It's already been nerfed by 25% since it was originally implemented. You've had ~125 days to unlock the essence, so you've used less than 1% of the available time in 8.3 alone (since you didn't play in the patch that it was implemented) working towards getting it. The only reason you don't have Lucid Dreams unlocked at this point is sheer laziness, there's literally no excuse for it at this point.

So instead of releasing a deterministic way of farming corruptions with the patch, they withhold it 4months...

Why does it take 4 months for a company to realize what took the average players 5seconds? Im not even joking with the 5seconds, look throu streamer reactions to the corruption system. The very first question they all ask is "but how can we farm it" or "can we target the corruptions we want?" Players instantly realized that unlike the old wf/tf system the corruptions where mandatory as fuck. Meanwhile blizz lives on in their bubble of ignorance.

Its just sad how much better this game could be if it wasnt for corporate greed. They only care about the quarterly reports...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    So instead of releasing a deterministic way of farming corruptions with the patch, they withhold it 4months...

Why does it take 4 months for a company to realize what took the average players 5seconds? Im not even joking with the 5seconds, look throu streamer reactions to the corruption system. The very first question they all ask is "but how can we farm it" or "can we target the corruptions we want?" Players instantly realized that unlike the old wf/tf system the corruptions where mandatory as fuck. Meanwhile blizz lives on in their bubble of ignorance.

Its just sad how much better this game could be if it wasnt for corporate greed. They only care about the quarterly reports...
    You are wayyy off

We are not playing Blizzard, Blizzard is playing us.

They know exactly what they are doing.
    This new way of getting corruption is not Blizzard admiting the system was bad.

This is Blizzard stretching content by all means necessary.

Corruption was supposed to be RNG on launch...corruption is now supposed to not be RNG and instead be timegated

all according to plan

Blizzard is just stretching...

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    What? 250 resist? It caps at 125 for the cloak then there's your 1 essence for 10 which is a total of 135.
    Oh, there is a definite end cap? thought it was just gonna keep ramping up til Shadowlands.

I guess I’m going with masterful on every item!
    Should be interesting ������

I'm not resubscribing just to buy my essenses on characters before you make all my hard work invalidated.

I know blizzard thinks these kinds of catch up mechanics makes us more likely to start playing but it just proves, once again, I was wasting my time ranking my cloak to 15 early on. Just wait for the catch up mechanics. That is the message we have been getting in this game for over 10 years. Just wait.

This would be nice if it didn't take weeks of boring busy work to get one essence/corruption. How much can you currently get a week? 1k echos if you do most of the busy work? So that is 5k after the patch, a twilight dev costs you 3 weeks, if you go for stuff like masterfull you will need it multiple times, so you can get one a week and end up farming it for 6-8? Would have sounded reasonable back in februrary, now it just feels like a pointless waste of time, considering that in another 4-6 months we will near the point where it becomes obsolete.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-05-19 at 07:15 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    No he still has a valid point, they haven't explained why they increased the cost of Essences in addition to echoes gained.
    we want to ensure that players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them don’t feel disadvantaged, so we will be increasing both the droprates of Echoes and their costs by a factor of 5.

You were saying?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Such a do-nothing implementation.
    How is this a catch-up at all?

The essences have the same relative cost, and I still have to unlock them on another character and then level them first, before I can buy them.

Calling this "catch-up" is just untrue. This is pandering to and giving riches to those who have the most.
    After coming back to the game a few weeks ago and getting started with 8.2 content, getting flying and then starting 8.3 content on a different character, then doing the same on alliance as well (because that's where my friends are) I have four essences and they are all green.
    None are good and I can only buy one other from the currency anyway.
    So now I have to go back and do nazjatar and grind mechagon. Again. I didn't reach rank 3 on those essences because the costs were prohibitive. Fun times.

So this is in no way a catch-up.
    All they do is stirr the pot with no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Progression isn't over for everyone. My guild started Mythic 2 weeks ago. 4/12 so far, we are expected to do 4 visions and at least 1 15 key a week and that is pushing the playtime I have available considering I have been working 50-60 hours a week since we have a hiring freeze due to current situation with human malware.

Now I will be expected to earn every source of echoes available every day so I can have appropriate corruptions for every encounter. (Read at least 3 different sets of BIS corruptions) Yeah I dont have time to do daily quests, even I wanted to do them, and I dont. I want to raid.

So I guess ima fuck off till shadowlands comes out.
    why would you need to do 4 visions? your cloak is not max? If it is not, well, with this update you can go from 1 to 15 in a week if you really tried. One weekly 15 is 35minutes and if all of your guildies are expected to do that, get a guild group and just blast through it.
    You guild stepping in the progression so late and requiring to farm perfect corruptions and full socket slots? I call this BS unless you are in a top 100 tier of guilds which just formed and now is going to blast next raid tier. Then you are in a wrong guild. There are plenty of guilds with casual approach to mythic raiding and they have 10/12M

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Such a do-nothing implementation.
    How is this a catch-up at all?

The essences have the same relative cost, and I still have to unlock them on another character and then level them first, before I can buy them.

Calling this "catch-up" is just untrue. This is pandering to and giving riches to those who have the most.
    After coming back to the game a few weeks ago and getting started with 8.2 content, getting flying and then starting 8.3 content on a different character, then doing the same on alliance as well (because that's where my friends are) I have four essences and they are all green.
    None are good and I can only buy one other from the currency anyway.
    So now I have to go back and do nazjatar and grind mechagon. Again. I didn't reach rank 3 on those essences because the costs were prohibitive. Fun times.

So this is in no way a catch-up.
    All they do is stirr the pot with no results.
    exactly this.

even when it does not hit me (i am done with all that shit, thx god) it is exactly this. it makes no sense at all and i strongly hope SL have nothing of all that fucked up shit „systems“ that wanna make me grind and bind and whatever and prevent me from playing my alts. NOTHING in 15 years of uninterrupted subbed wow have me drived THAT much away from the game and fun in the game than this „systems“. hopefully they remove em all. otherwise SL is the first xpac after 15+ years of payment, that will happen without me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You are wayyy off

We are not playing Blizzard, Blizzard is playing us.

They know exactly what they are doing.
    This new way of getting corruption is not Blizzard admiting the system was bad.

This is Blizzard stretching content by all means necessary.

Corruption was supposed to be RNG on launch...corruption is now supposed to not be RNG and instead be timegated

all according to plan

Blizzard is just stretching...
    is it possible you quoted the wrong guy ? bc he is exactly saying the same as you. and i agree. that shit is all about spiking quarter numbers. its all about greed.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-05-19 at 08:03 AM.

They managed to turn these systems in bfa into absolute clusterfuck messes. And they wonder why they are hated and unpopular.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So a timegate with how much currency you can earn on top of a timegate waiting for your right corruptions to appear??????

I'm begining to think Xzibit is one of the game devs!!!

who cares just unsub and wait for shadowlands

Wow, considering how players have complained and wished for a way to get corruptions there sure are many negative answers in this thread I was sure people would be cheerful. Must be though to be a developer. Finnally you have time to work on something the players want and they still rage.

I'm happy, I love the corruption system and it's the only thing that really keeps me going at the moment but since it's so random even that could not keep my intrest long enough. Now on the other hand, I can farm things so that I can buy interesting corruptions in adition to the random once I get. Looking forward to it! Great stuff.

(I hate timegated content, don't get me wron but this is still an improvement over what has been!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Wow, considering how players have complained and wished for a way to get corruptions there sure are many negative answers in this thread I was sure people would be cheerful. Must be though to be a developer. Finnally you have time to work on something the players want and they still rage.

I'm happy, I love the corruption system and it's the only thing that really keeps me going at the moment but since it's so random even that could not keep my intrest long enough. Now on the other hand, I can farm things so that I can buy interesting corruptions in adition to the random once I get. Looking forward to it! Great stuff.

(I hate timegated content, don't get me wron but this is still an improvement over what has been!)
    Im so sorry Zephire I just lose all my marbles when i see a timegate without reasoning.
    Arrrgh i get so mad when that happens! I just "lose it" like eminem. "Im sorry momma".

Why? (T_T) why does Blizzard disrespects us like this

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im so sorry Zephire I just lose all my marbles when i see a timegate without reasoning.
    Arrrgh i get so mad when that happens! I just "lose it" like eminem. "Im sorry momma".

Why? (T_T) why does Blizzard disrespects us like this
    Yeah, I get it man! I just think we're very good at telling them what we don't like instead of what we instead do like. I'm just trying to be positive, the world needs more happiness and sometimes you have to look for it in the smalest things
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I have a dumb question: how do I earn Echoes of Nyalotha?

I don't play any alts, just my main. I have most rank 3 essences, cloak level 15, ilvl 475 gear, its a well progressed main. I don't have any other level 120's and I don't receive any echoes of ny'alotha from playing the game even tho i do plenty of M+, mythic raid bosses, lots of hc visions etc.

It's cool, it could be cooler if it was implemented a lot earlier but still it is cool.