Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Void Elf sets are so good. Good Job

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yes, most of these are great, but as a few others have said, there is a huge difference between drawing a single forward-facing image and actually modeling, texturing, and rigging models in-game. Additionally, many of his concepts are impractical because they don't conform to the geoset and rigging requirements of the game, and would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Also, and I mean no offense, but Handclaw needs to work on his rendering and brush technique bit more. His design sense is really strong, and almost all of these sets would fit into the game, but I don't think his illustration work is really as technically proficient as what Blizzard seems to look for in new hires.
    Exactly. It's like the difference between drawing one facade of a structure or car and actually designing and building it. Sure, the drawing might look awesome, but it's just not the same thing as actually creating a functional piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4b9Blq

Handclaw has done more than just this... the guy is incredible... I can't imagine anyone complaining about any of his sets...
    My warlock wants to look exactly like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    in the first photo the hunter one i do like that one is very easy on the eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    When fan art is what the community actually wants for their class. Legit, every single one of the classes armors look great (all included on his page) everything looks to be in balance for the race, and each has a feel for them. Oof just wish these would come to game.

These are absolutely breathtakingly amazing.

Blizzard should hire this talented guy (if he wants it). Perfection!

The sets obviously look good but most of them dont match.... just to name a few: human warrior is literally Lothar, human mage is medivh, the maghar classes are more like clan specific sets rather than class.
    It wouldnt work in practice... the themes used are too iconic to specific lore characters. And some of the sets dont look like the class they are supposed to be... human hunter looks like a gunslinger more than a hunter, orc priest looks like a warlock (nerzhul theme) and the maghar monk looks like a laughing skull tribe-member who are the exact opposite of the monk-mentality (i dont think they even know whats meditation).

These could be better used as raid drops or other cool sets.
    Last edited by Otaka; 2020-05-18 at 05:56 PM.

It's cool, and the guy definitely has a lifetime of art skills under his belt but... blizzard can't even give us more than four armor sets per tier anymore. They can't even give us a single armor set per race, because 3/4 of races are missing them still.

We're NEVER going to get class-themed racial sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    The sets obviously look good but most of them dont match.... just to name a few: human warrior is literally Lothar, human mage is medivh, the maghar classes are more like clan specific sets rather than class.
    It wouldnt work in practice... the themes used are too iconic to specific lore characters. And some of the sets dont look like the class they are supposed to be... human hunter looks like a gunslinger more than a hunter, orc priest looks like a warlock (nerzhul theme) and the maghar monk looks like a laughing skull tribe-member who are the exact opposite of the monk-mentality (i dont think they even know whats meditation).

These could be better used as raid drops or other cool sets.
    You must play Horde. There are Laughing Skull clan monks as Island Expedition enemies.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Those Lightforged sets are freakin' gorgeous, and best of all, no clipping!

this is pretty much what i want from the game.. i mean the only times i get excited about any of the gear in WoW is when they give us separate faction looks like ye olde vanilla pvp sets, even those t9(i think from the trials raid in wotlk) and now the warfronts.

stop trying to put all your effort on raid looks all of the time and just give us some fun appearances for our factions and better yet races.
    raiders only care about the stats anyway or am i wrong?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4b9Blq

Handclaw has done more than just this... the guy is incredible... I can't imagine anyone complaining about any of his sets...
    While not a “complaint”, I’m not wild about the sets that are just “Varian/Khadgar/Velen’s armor”. Nods (see: Teron Gorefiend DK set) are ok, but I don’t want 17 Tyrandes running around Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I fail to see how desining and drawing is anywhere near the effort of modeling, texturing and rigging the armors.
    Is that effort? Yes, it is. Is Blizzard a small company in control of a small not very popular MMO. No, not by the slightest.

Good effort overall, but despite all the hate I think Blizzard has done a better job for some of these designs already. I think the Warfront armors, for example, are better renditions of sets like Human/Orc Warrior, Night Elf Hunter, Undead Mage/Warlock. Obviously these are only a small set of race/class combinations, but to say that Blizzard can't do ANYTHING right is just hyperbolic whining.

Human DK, Hunter and Rogue look awesome!

In general, most of them look pretty awesome. Especially the elves and the regular draenei.

However, some of the humans are quite off (horns on a human paladin? Seriously? And skip that ugly Harry Potter wizard hats) and the lack of female models is pretty severe.

But for fan art, this is pretty expansive.

I thought this was Blizzard's work for Shadowlands and I was so excited and then I read "fan art".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    To play fair/devils advocate. There is a large difference between making concept art and designs and then rendering them in game properly with minimal clipping and not spending months with tiny or oversized shoulders like Orcs did in TBC. But I agree, BfAs sets were hot garbage and half of Legions were just retooled old sets.
    I believed this until FFXIV was able to put out unique sets for every dungeon, raid, trial, and scenario they did. In addition to unique leveling sets for every zone. Blizzard is just cheap.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I believed this until FFXIV was able to put out unique sets for every dungeon, raid, trial, and scenario they did. In addition to unique leveling sets for every zone. Blizzard is just cheap.
    Yeah and XIV frequently reuses old armors for dungeons, then there is the fact that the casting/healing gear is the same just different colors, as well as whatever else they want shared between Aiming/Striking/etc. Viera and Rothgar can't even use head gear still. They don't make armor for trials, just weapons. If you're going to try and tout XIV, you better do it properly.

15+ Year Old Account
    This dude draws good.