Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    The game can be completed by doing this over and over

Quick attack (Or heavy attack) x1 - Dodge x 1.

Annnd just repeat that process. One attack dodge, one attack dodge. And you'll beat anything easily.

The only times you need spells is the magic trap for ghosts because you cant hit them otherwise and occasionally using quen on royal griffs or those giant tree dudes so you dont get so one shot if you mess up your attack, dodge spam.

Tis a shame because I do really enjoy the setting. The voice work and music and world building is well done.
    A few bosses do mix things up, mostly the frog in Honest Hearts and the vampire at the end of Blood and Wine, and shielded humans can be annoying (why is it that Geralt can cleave a man in two straight through plate armor in finishers but can't dent a wooden shield anyway?) but yeah, in general the combat can be very repetitive, and along with the weaksauce progression systems are the worst parts of the game. Fingers crossed that Cyberpunk does that better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    played it on death march or w/e its called and it was just easy. difficulty was entirely front loaded. it's quite fast until you are basically just spamming 2-3 buttons to ezmode win.

the fact that you are almost always very over leveled if you explore and do side quests also doesn't help.

and then as soon as a enemy is 3 levels above you, its a skull and suddenly one shots you. but doing those fights is the only memories i have of combat in that game.

probably should have played with scaling levels on. had to force myself to finish it cause it was too easy and the story didn't grip me. people say the DLC is good but i just couldn't bring myself to continue past the main story.
    Exactly I agree. Death March is only slightly tough at the start because your character is weak and there is basically almost no option other than dodging and dancing around. Once you get the gears and spent some points in the skills it becomes super easy. The only annoying boss in the game at death march (I am talking about scaling sync on keep that in mind) is the genie. The rest of the bosses are super easy just more dancing and dodging around.

My only real complain about the game overall is the cut content story of the King of Beggars. That guy was interesting and his story seems so interesting it is a shame that they cut it from the release game because of time constraints.

The DLCS are so good man damn you must play them seriously they are 100 times better than the main story specially heart of stone. What makes these dlcs so good that they are not out of no where in fact during the main games you get hints and some names related to the dlcs here and there, so when you finally play the dlc you will have the reaction of "ohhhhh this guy!? I remember! or that name! now I remember" stuff like that.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2020-05-26 at 05:00 AM.

Already attempted to play the game a few times over the years, never last longer than a couple of hours. The combat just feels off, and i can't bring myself to play anymore.

Going for a new attempt now, with a gamepad, was suggested it makes a difference, haven't quit yet.

But yea, as much praise as the game gets, the combat is just weird and offputting. Quite detrimental to the enjoyment of the game, and i'm a sucker for openworld rpgs, with thousands of hours on fallout 3, nv, skyrim, etc... which makes me sad.

Hopefully Cyberpunk is an improvement in that aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Already attempted to play the game a few times over the years, never last longer than a couple of hours. The combat just feels off, and i can't bring myself to play anymore.

Going for a new attempt now, with a gamepad, was suggested it makes a difference, haven't quit yet.

But yea, as much praise as the game gets, the combat is just weird and offputting. Quite detrimental to the enjoyment of the game, and i'm a sucker for openworld rpgs, with thousands of hours on fallout 3, nv, skyrim, etc... which makes me sad.

Hopefully Cyberpunk is an improvement in that aspect.
    You were playing it with mouse and keyboard? ARE YOU INSANE! those type of games are playable in mouse and keyboard yes but damn they suck if you do.....

of course you must play with controller god damn man... it is like playing dark souls with mouse and keyboard you will hate the game and the experience really.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    The game can be completed by doing this over and over

Quick attack (Or heavy attack) x1 - Dodge x 1.

Annnd just repeat that process. One attack dodge, one attack dodge. And you'll beat anything easily.

The only times you need spells is the magic trap for ghosts because you cant hit them otherwise and occasionally using quen on royal griffs or those giant tree dudes so you dont get so one shot if you mess up your attack, dodge spam.

Tis a shame because I do really enjoy the setting. The voice work and music and world building is well done.
    I've also never encountered a game (aside from an intentionally or extremely low budget bullshit game on Steam) that has a many bugs and glitches as this game. Story and the music are the only good things about Witcher 3.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Now sure if this is the best thread for this, but... CDPR has given us new gifts. For free, of course, if you own the game already.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
    https://thewitcher.com/en/news/32792...ext-generation

Additionally, the PS5, XBoxSX port won't be made by them but by Saber Interactive

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/74981...ort/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I can't believe it's been five years. It doesn't feel like that much time has passed.

I'm hoping to get around to a fresh start sometime soon. There's a decent amount of stuff in Skellige I never touched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, kick ass. Was planning on upgrading from my 1060 6gb and 1080p 144 hz monitor to a 3080 and 1440p 165 hz ips. Also been having an itch for my 2nd playthrough.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

i like it but i had issues with it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor