Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i support this call and i for one am happy to see they are covering their legal butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No, no they do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    nice tinfoil hat you got there,im sure you have a bunch of data and facs to back this up,thausands im sure,the only thing they do that can be seen as odd is that because of covid other illnesses kill you easier and faster,wile it wasnt the virus that killed them,its was still the reason the death happened,people with respiratory issues die from this the easiest,those problems killed them accentuated by the virus,i guess unless the virus grows legs and stabs you it never counts as a covid death
    As a result, the state's stated COVID-19 death toll dropped by nearly 300 people who had contracted the virus but died of other causes that may or may not have been related to infection.

On Thursday, Colorado reported 1,091 coronavirus deaths under its prior method. But on Friday, the state clarified that 878 people have died as a direct result of COVID-19 infection as of May 9, while another 272 had tested positive but died of other causes as of Friday.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ed/5198485002/

There is also factual evidence that Red states are covering up COVID deaths. A woman just got fired by the governor in GA for refusing to alter the numbers - the Governor in FLA has issued an order that county coroners aren't allowed to release their death statistics (that is being fought in court since he doesn't actually have that authority), and Texas was caught falsifying records to try to make it seem like re-opening is a good idea.
    I'm sure there are, and because of this the numbers aren't accurate

You sir, are a Covidiot.
    Name calling, useless

And... if someone dies because there is no space in the ER because its full of COVID patients, especially patients who didn't need to be there and wouldn't have been if people had just been fucking responsible, non Q-anon following, non-Brownshi- i mean, RedHat fucktwits...

It counts.
    Of course, because they died of covid

And they ARENT counting those. An estimate of THOSE deaths is already well over 40,000.
    More reason why they numbers aren't accurate.

Both events are likely occuring, undercounting and overcounting, and because of that the numbers can't be trusted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-05-26 at 11:57 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    The death count isn't accurate

They count people with covid as covid deaths even if they were on deaths door anyways.
    This same method is applied to any disease, like the flu, that kills someone with a preexisting condition. If you have CHF and the flu at the same time, but you die to a further increase in the fluid around your heart, the flu will get the credit. The simple reason for this is that if you did not have the flu, your body would possibly have managed had it not been weakened by the virus. If you are immunocompromised (Lupus, AIDS, etc) and die when you catch the flu, it's the flu that ultimately did you in.

COVID is receiving credit because it is the extenuating circumstance that leads to the death. That is how nearly all statistics regarding viruses and diseases work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    They´ll probably have nothing to announce this year anyway
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
    If they really had something juicy to announce they would have planned an online event only, maybe just 1 day (aka few hours) but packed with informations/demo/announcements and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    And you are incorrect. It’s naive as hell to think it wouldn’t be cancelled.
    I have quoted the wrong person.

„... we hope to see you exploring the Shadowlands“ ???

well, gimme beta access...
    as you did last three xpacs. no access no exploring.
    he acts like every second of us have beta access.
    strange post...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-05-27 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k0nker View Post
    This same method is applied to any disease, like the flu, that kills someone with a preexisting condition. If you have CHF and the flu at the same time, but you die to a further increase in the fluid around your heart, the flu will get the credit. The simple reason for this is that if you did not have the flu, your body would possibly have managed had it not been weakened by the virus. If you are immunocompromised (Lupus, AIDS, etc) and die when you catch the flu, it's the flu that ultimately did you in.

COVID is receiving credit because it is the extenuating circumstance that leads to the death. That is how nearly all statistics regarding viruses and diseases work.
    and if they die from gunshot wounds?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It's likely (is) far far lower.

Oh you've had inoperable cancer over 99% of your body and are minutes from dying? What's that? You got covid? +1 Covid death. Oh you got shot in the head after finding out you have covid? +1 Covid death. In a car accident, test positive for covid? +1 Covid death.

A death should only count as a covid death if it was covid that killed them. Dying while being infected with covid but from other causes unrelated to covid should not count as covid deaths.
    For argument's sake, let's say your right and that a large fraction of deaths is not directly from Covid. The virus is still putting people in the hospital due to difficulty breathing and causing permanent respiratory damage. A disease doesn't need to have a high death rate to be considered dangerous and we should be responsible enough to keep the hospitals/health centers from being overburdened.

ActiBlizz is making the responsible decision to cancel an event that likely makes money every year and helps with marketing hype for upcoming releases. I've lost a lot of faith in their ability to develop quality content and games but at least they are not willing to put health and lives at risk for the sake of money.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

As a result, the state's stated COVID-19 death toll dropped by nearly 300 people who had contracted the virus but died of other causes that may or may not have been related to infection.

On Thursday, Colorado reported 1,091 coronavirus deaths under its prior method. But on Friday, the state clarified that 878 people have died as a direct result of COVID-19 infection as of May 9, while another 272 had tested positive but died of other causes as of Friday.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ed/5198485002/

I'm sure there are, and because of this the numbers aren't accurate

Name calling, useless

Of course, because they died of covid

More reason why they numbers aren't accurate.

Both events are likely occuring, undercounting and overcounting, and because of that the numbers can't be trusted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    those seem like some really vague statements ''may or may not'',and we all know the current usa administration has been trying from day 1 to downplay the entire thing,something that has led to an extremly worse situation that could have been avoided had they acted like other countries did,they are as trustwordy as the china stats,and again,if the virus made their current situation worse and they died from other issues,its still the virus at fault,also the virus has killed people that showd no other issues,young people and people with no repiratory issues,the virus attacks your lungs,if your body doesnt fight it off you die,and in some cases the very act of your body figthing it off to agresivly ends up killing you...but i guess you consider those suicides or something LOL

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The death count isn't accurate

They count people with covid as covid deaths even if they were on deaths door anyways.
    even in poor health though if they caught the virus and died then it's a pretty solid chance that the virus contributed to their death, no?

good move by Blizzard!

Should have gone the WWE route and held it without fans in a smaller venue. Then again, if they have nothing new to announce, this isn't the first year there was no Blizzcon. There wasn't one in 2012 either, because they had nothing to announce.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, Activision has wanted to get rid of blizzcon for years, I was surprised it managed to squeak one more in back in 2019, corona just handed them a perfect excuse to do something they always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    For argument's sake, let's say your right and that a large fraction of deaths is not directly from Covid. The virus is still putting people in the hospital due to difficulty breathing and causing permanent respiratory damage. A disease doesn't need to have a high death rate to be considered dangerous and we should be responsible enough to keep the hospitals/health centers from being overburdened.
    I don't recall mentioning any of that before. Only that the numbers aren't accurate.

ActiBlizz is making the responsible decision to cancel an event that likely makes money every year and helps with marketing hype for upcoming releases. I've lost a lot of faith in their ability to develop quality content and games but at least they are not willing to put health and lives at risk for the sake of money.
    I didn't say they weren't, only that the numbers weren't accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    even in poor health though if they caught the virus and died then it's a pretty solid chance that the virus contributed to their death, no?

good move by Blizzard!
    I'm not saying that all cases of covid + something else had nothing to do with covid, only that cases where their death had nothing to do with covid and they had covid shouldn't be counted.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    those seem like some really vague statements ''may or may not'',and we all know the current usa administration has been trying from day 1 to downplay the entire thing,something that has led to an extremly worse situation that could have been avoided had they acted like other countries did,they are as trustwordy as the china stats,and again,if the virus made their current situation worse and they died from other issues,its still the virus at fault,also the virus has killed people that showd no other issues,young people and people with no repiratory issues,the virus attacks your lungs,if your body doesnt fight it off you die,and in some cases the very act of your body figthing it off to agresivly ends up killing you...but i guess you consider those suicides or something LOL
    I'm not talking about cases where say someone with pneumonia got covid and died that covid likely didn't contribute, only that cases where people dying of gunshot wounds being counted as covid deaths shouldn't count LOL

If I inject you gents with covid and take you to the hospital and have you tested and you test positive, then I shoot you in the head. Did you die of covid or the bullet? Some states would count you as a covid death. That's all I'm saying, you can go on and on about how dangerous covid is if you want, I've made no comment on that and won't. All I'm saying is the numbers aren't accurate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-05-27 at 02:01 AM.
    My Collection

About time they cancel it. They did the right thing here.

A death should only count as a covid death if it was covid that killed them. Dying while being infected with covid but from other causes unrelated to covid should not count as covid deaths.
    The death counts will never be accurate then if you consider that option.

Never.

Because it's usually the symptoms that kill you, not the virus itself. And if you don't factor in health conditions of those who are most likely affected by the symptoms that covid-19 causes, then you can easily say covid never killed anyone, those people were always 'on death's door'. The numbers will always be skewed no matter how you look at it, it's just a matter of perspective.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-05-27 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Meh, Activision has wanted to get rid of blizzcon for years, I was surprised it managed to squeak one more in back in 2019, corona just handed them a perfect excuse to do something they always wanted.
    ...Nothing of the sort implies that but yes.....Covid gave them an excuse -_-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

wtf I already booked my hotel
    i cannot believe this

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    About time they cancel it. They did the right thing here.

The death counts will never be accurate then if you consider that option.

Never.

Because it's usually the symptoms that kill you, not the virus itself. And if you don't factor in health conditions of those who are most likely affected by the symptoms that covid-19 causes, then you can easily say covid never killed anyone, those people were always 'on death's door'. The numbers will always be skewed no matter how you look at it, it's just a matter of perspective.
    My perspective is, person shot probably died of being shot
    My Collection

For the people arguing about the covid real number of deaths lower/higher depending on your opinion and which political party you follow, what you guys want to really do is ignore and forget the numbers you see on the tv and on worldometer and instead look at excess mortality.
    What that does is compare the normal average number of ALL deaths over X periode with the current one. So, for example, if on average for a specific month there is between 52k and 55k each year over the last 25 years and then you look at the numbers of 2020 and see the number is now over 100k, you'll get a much real number of deaths. The chances that the extra are linked to covid are really really high.

Im not going to quote all the people talking about it.... Im glad i helped you guys learn something today!

Back to Blizzcon, it is of no surprise it get canceled. Couple countries are talking about re-opening border by the end of 2020 so yeah, that would suck big time for people unable to go because closed border lol.
    What im expecting tho is a live streamed mini event to showcase what (little) they have to show. That'd be nice to do and not really hard to pull off honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    wtf I already booked my hotel
    i cannot believe this
    Most hotels will give refunds especially with the state of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

My perspective is, person shot probably died of being shot
    Yes, if someone was shot who happened to have COVID-19, it should be a gunshot death. However, if someone has terminal brain cancer and had 2 months left to live, but caught COVID-19 and died from complications, it should be a COVID-19 death because all we know they could have lived that two months, if they were not infected.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    why would they want to get rid of it? it's a massive event which draws in thousands of people, both in person and online. if they wanted it gone, it would be gone. but it actually probably generates more money for them so why would they want to stop it? what is your source that they have wanted to stop it for years anyway?