10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    I do. That was in Berlin on the 23rd. Similar protests were held all over the country. The virus sends its thanks.
    These protests have been going on for a month+ now, yet numbers still dwindle.

Idiots will be idiots. As long as the majority is compliant, it won't cause serious issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It certainly was.
    Calling a person a "retard" isn't ad hominem?
    I didn't call you a retard.
    I asked you if you are one.

There is a difference.

Didn't say you did.
    Yet you Conflated my argument that had nothing to do with a random Fallacious Prediction of Millions of Death.

I'm sure that ranks the same as predicting millions of deaths by the end of the summer.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-27 at 04:06 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remind me what % of Sweden has been infected again. Also remind me of whether their mortality rate is higher than 1%. It’s a bullshit study.
    You do realize that Sweden didn't exactly ignore the virus, yes? Afaik, they still gave out recommendations and many locked down voluntarily.
    Whether that particular study is BS or not is of no concern to me, it may very well have been.

The fact remains that reality would look a lot worse, had we all chosen to do nothing.
    Italy and Spain proved that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a prediction made here
    Something about 10% of the population...blah blah...doom..gloom...
    And every damn bit of good news was always met by these same doomsayers that shit will get worse...there are ten vaccines on trial right now and not one of those whiners seems to want to see any hope.
    But they hear of a single death and the quick "I told ya so! Lockdown the world!!11"
    Sure, trot out your strawman and have fun flailing away.

Nobody suggested millions dead by August. Nobody suggested 10% of the population dead. Nobody said "lockdown the world 'til there's a vaccine."

And there's definitely reason to hope, because there are over a hundred vaccines in development, though none is going to be available soon.

Realism is not "doom and gloom".

- - - Updated - - -

Calling a person a "retard" isn't ad hominem?
    Why do people have a hard time understanding what an ad hominem is?

What he said was an insult, not an ad hominem. An ad hominem relies on the insult being used a counter-argument instead of replying to the facts.

If you reply to the facts with an actual argument, and then use an insult, it's still an insult, but not an ad hominem.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like EU is giving a few bilions of cash away to country in EU with this virus.

...why i have a felling that euro will just get more wortless and food prices and other stuff will go up...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    These protests have been going on for a month+ now, yet numbers still dwindle.

Idiots will be idiots. As long as the majority is compliant, it won't cause serious issues.
    Again, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it works that way, especially when such mass gatherings happen. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. My uneducated guess is that any such mass gathering will result in surges in the next 2-3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Seems like EU is giving a few bilions of cash away to country in EU with this virus.

...why i have a felling that euro will just get more wortless and food prices and other stuff will go up...
    By "a few billions" you mean 750?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

The big fear, and why there is push back from the North, is that a lot of it will be used to prop up failed systems to create a temporary illusion but not structurally strengthen economies for the long term.

Like Italy wanting Euro Bonds so they can keep borrowing cheap money instead of having to deal with that own massive debt of ~135% GDP
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    By "a few billions" you mean 750?
    Its 1850 billion euro in total.

€ 750 billion is a heavy recovery fund to help EU members facing the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic. Of this, two thirds will be for grants and one third for loans. Another € 1.1 trillion is earmarked for the EU's future multiannual budget. Within the framework of the recovery package, 5.1 billion euros will be allocated to Slovenia - 2.6 billion for grants and 2.5 billion for loans.

Yeah money will go brr brr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why do people have a hard time understanding what an ad hominem is?
    What he said was an insult, not an ad hominem. An ad hominem relies on the insult being used a counter-argument instead of replying to the facts.
    If you reply to the facts with an actual argument, and then use an insult, it's still an insult, but not an ad hominem.
    Dang, you learn sth. new every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Again, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it works that way, especially when such mass gatherings happen. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. My uneducated guess is that any such mass gathering will result in surges in the next 2-3 weeks.
    My uneducated guess is that regular mass gatherings (a.k.a. events) won't be a thing for quite some time.
    Of course you are right: every demonstration carries a risk of exacerbating any spread. Absolutely agreed that these demos are dumb.
    AFAIK they do pretty hardcore contact tracing now, so I hope they can contain whatever these idiots let loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    France bans the use of hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 treatment.

The move follows a study that says it provides no benefits, may be harmful, the WHO shutting down their own study on the subject, and four deaths linked to the drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remind me what % of Sweden has been infected again. Also remind me of whether their mortality rate is higher than 1%. It’s a bullshit study.
    In case you actually wanted a reminder:

I believe the tests are being re-done, but the previous numbers were split among regions with 4.2-7.3% infected and
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    a crude IFR using current deaths compared with number of infected in mid-April varies between 0.24% and 1.0%
    I believe people who have analyzed it more got the highest regional IFR to about 0.6% instead of 1.0%.

For comparison Iceland has a crude CFR of 0.55%.

Note that both countries have acted, but in different ways - and if a country doesn't act the number of infected would be higher, and the IFR also higher as the health-system would be unable to cope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The big fear, and why there is push back from the North, is that a lot of it will be used to prop up failed systems to create a temporary illusion but not structurally strengthen economies for the long term.

Like Italy wanting Euro Bonds so they can keep borrowing cheap money instead of having to deal with that own massive debt of ~135% GDP
    Still going to be conditions attached to all of this, no blank cheques.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    France bans the use of hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 treatment.

The move follows a study that says it provides no benefits, may be harmful, the WHO shutting down their own study on the subject, and four deaths linked to the drug.
    As I understand it the four deaths are just random persons, whereas the studies themselves have seen 1,700 deaths due to hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine as reported in The Lancet.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I understand it the four deaths are just random persons, whereas the studies themselves have seen 1,700 deaths due to hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine as reported in The Lancet.
    You can’t say ‘due to’, you have to be careful to say when treated with hydroxychloroquine.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You can’t say ‘due to’, you have to be careful to say when treated with hydroxychloroquine.
    Why?

According to the Lancet the studies didn't merely see 1,700 deaths when treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, but 1,700 additional deaths when treated with them (and in combination with something else as well) compared to no drugs - and obviously in combination with a covid-19. I assume the doctors were careful and treated the patients to the best of their ability.

If you die when treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, and would have survived otherwise, the natural conclusion is that your death is due to those drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I clicked! And glad I did.

A photo that has gone viral on social media show Jaime Rolando Urbina Torres hiding in a coffin with a face mask on, eyes shut tightly. According to the Evening Standard, the photograph was clicked when police officers showed up to arrest him on Monday night for breaking curfew rules to go out drinking with his friends.

The mayor of the central town of Tantara reportedly dived into an open casket when police arrived, while his friends hid in drawers. All members of the party were transferred to a local police station by cops.

Why was he having drinks with his friends at an undertakers?

IMHO we need more good news stories like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

According to the Lancet the studies didn't merely see 1,700 deaths when treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, but 1,700 additional deaths when treated with them (and in combination with something else as well) compared to no drugs - and obviously in combination with a covid-19. I assume the doctors were careful and treated the patients to the best of their ability.

If you die when treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, and would have survived otherwise, the natural conclusion is that your death is due to those drugs.
    No, their death was not due to the drug, it was due to covid. The drugs shows signs that it increases mortality rate due to covid.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Also, the country must be in a total civil war before you start using artillery and air support on domestic soil.
    Or black people need to be the target of the attack.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters