Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Agent Carter was their best effort for a show.
    Damn shame they canceled it...not even two full seasons.
    Those were full seasons. They were just shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Those were full seasons. They were just shorter.
    pfft...one season of ten episodes...and another with eight.
    This wasn't netflix dammit!
    I want a 3rd season...GIVE ME 23 EPISODES DAMMIT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    pfft...one season of ten episodes...and another with eight.
    This wasn't netflix dammit!
    I want a 3rd season...GIVE ME 23 EPISODES DAMMIT!
    American TV is going a very British route. A good medium is 10-13 well made episodes. It can keep cost down and more importantly. Makes it easier to watch the entire season in a couple sessions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    American TV is going a very British route. A good medium is 10-13 well made episodes. It can keep cost down and more importantly. Makes it easier to watch the entire season in a couple sessions.
    main priority isn't filling half a tv-season as well. besides that, they can skip a lot of filler crap and deliver better stories because they do not have to write for 23 tuesday evenings.

everyone wins really. it might be fewer episodes, but all are for the main story
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Today's the day!

That certainly started out strong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That certainly started out strong!
    New season? Last season I watched was with Coulson "dying" and all that space stuff. Am I up to date?

I know, I could Google this :'(

Edit: Yep.... WEEEEEEEEE

Last edited by Mister K; 2020-05-28 at 04:35 PM.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing it's ending because this SJW bullshit is getting out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Good thing it's ending because this SJW bullshit is getting out of hand.
    What is said SJW bullshit this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What is said SJW bullshit this time around?
    They call out the racism and sexism prevalent in the US earlier on in the 20th century.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They call out the racism and sexism prevalent in the US earlier on in the 20th century.
    Ah it’s one of those ones then. Didn’t pretend the world is perfect so it must be social justice, shouldn’t be suprissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ah it’s one of those ones then. Didn’t pretend the world is perfect so it must be social justice, shouldn’t be surprised.
    I'm not a fan of SJW but commenting discreetly on historical reality isn't even close to bad taste. In fact it's just the opposite.

I'm not a fan of SJW but commenting discreetly on historical reality isn't even close to bad taste. In fact it's just the opposite.
    There was a bunch of discrete stuff like a sign in a diner or occasional one off comments.
    But there was 1 character who's entire thing past swiping his ID badge seems to just be how many times they could have him say racist/sexist things.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Acknowledging historical reality isn't SJW. Its being realistic to the time period you're portraying. To NOT do so is another name - "White Washing."

It would have been beyond stupid, illogical, and story breaking if they did the opposite. If they instead had the minority or female characters acting the same, wearing the same, and BEING treated by the "1930s" people 'the same' for it - what little logic or 'realism' the show had would be non-existent. And there'd be many more people frustrated and posting about how stupid it was - rather than one or two people showing their ignorance and calling it "SJW."

Actual SJW would have been if those characters decided to start publically protesting - or if they slammed every person who said something sexist/racist into a wall and yelled at them - or if the whole episode was built around 'correcting the wrongs' done to a single female or minority character. Showing it exists at all (which is all the show IMO *shrugs*) isn't SJW. Using the terms like 'babe' or 'birdie' isn't even SJW - its using the slang that was commonly used for the day. If you say any woman who says, "dont call me that" (which is about all that actually happened in response) is being a "justice warrior" - you're showing your true bias and no wonder you think its 'too much'.

Personally, I had a much larger issue with characters acting "out of character" and showing general ignorance of how "timelines" work - even after they are told! Otherwise normally 'smart' (at least most of the time) characters not 'connecting the dots' and wanting to take out XYZ bad guy despite orders (and going as far as one character did to betray those orders), and apparently having no insight that to do so would end their existence as they knew it (and lead to the exact thing they were there to stop the Chromatons from doing). (Trying not to use spoilers there lol)

THAT just rang out as disingenuous and piss poor writing just to setup the conflict. Every single person on that 'crew' has enough brains and insight on the situation to get that "If Hydra doesn't Form. No Shield. No Shield, No Us." But apparently, for that episode - no they didn't.

Otherwise, solid show. I don't much care for time traveling plotlines as they tend to be 'jump shark' but as its the last season anyway - let'em get as crazy as they wanna be! lol.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-06-11 at 10:13 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Acknowledging historical reality isn't SJW. Its being realistic to the time period you're portraying. To NOT do so is another name - "White Washing."

It would have been beyond stupid, illogical, and story breaking if they did the opposite. If they instead had the minority or female characters acting the same, wearing the same, and BEING treated by the "1930s" people 'the same' for it - what little logic or 'realism' the show had would be non-existent. And there'd be many more people frustrated and posting about how stupid it was - rather than one or two people showing their ignorance and calling it "SJW."

Actual SJW would have been if those characters decided to start publically protesting - or if they slammed every person who said something sexist/racist into a wall and yelled at them - or if the whole episode was built around 'correcting the wrongs' done to a single female or minority character. Showing it exists at all (which is all the show IMO *shrugs*) isn't SJW. Using the terms like 'babe' or 'birdie' isn't even SJW - its using the slang that was commonly used for the day. If you say any woman who says, "dont call me that" (which is about all that actually happened in response) is being a "justice warrior" - you're showing your true bias and no wonder you think its 'too much'.
    Bravo well said, too many bozos won't get that tho.

I like it so far but maybe it's because I miss Marvel shows so I will take anything. Don't like Daisy so far, she just isn't the same anymore. Fit AF tho
    -K

So that was probably the best episode of the season so far.

So what's the deal with Fitz in this season? Did the actor leave the show? Haven't seen a single second of him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So what's the deal with Fitz in this season? Did the actor leave the show? Haven't seen a single second of him yet.
    He had work contracted for the period after S6 ended when about half to two thirds of the way through shooting S6 ABC announced there would be a S7. The showrunners several weeks later announced the S6 & S7 would be shot back to back with a short break and then ended. This was instead of waiting to start shooting S7 at the normal time. In this case Ian had signed contracts for the other work and his AoS contract had ended. Not much choice really.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    He had work contracted for the period after S6 ended when about half to two thirds of the way through shooting S6 ABC announced there would be a S7. The showrunners several weeks later announced the S6 & S7 would be shot back to back with a short break and then ended. This was instead of waiting to start shooting S7 at the normal time. In this case Ian had signed contracts for the other work and his AoS contract had ended. Not much choice really.
    Aww that really bums me out. I hope he is able to say make an appearance in some shot in the last episode or two. I'd really like to see the show close out with them being back 'together' in all realities, even if its temporary. LOL

I was hoping for some sort of 'closure happy ending' thing for them - and not just "more timeline separation!"
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Aww that really bums me out. I hope he is able to say make an appearance in some shot in the last episode or two. I'd really like to see the show close out with them being back 'together' in all realities, even if its temporary. LOL

I was hoping for some sort of 'closure happy ending' thing for them - and not just "more timeline separation!"
    Its our understanding he will be back somewhere towards the end of the season so you should get your wish.