Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Personally for me that is a lot of money to spend (every 5 years) to have the ability to protect my loved ones (yes that includes my dogs). Also like you said that is just monetary not even the other hoops you described in previous posts.

If you feel it works for you I am glad.
    The hoops are annoying, for sure, but they can easily be sorted in half a day or two at most (every 5 years). 40 EUR every 5 years is nothing compared to how much I spend on ammo in an average practice weekend, or even just on guns (I'm don't settle for low-end stuff, and I also like collecting pieces of historical interest, so I'll leave it to your imaginations how many grands that might amount to).
    Plus, I'm never nervous when say, getting pulled over by the police and the like, because they tend to assume I'm not armed (most people aren't) and thus aren't nervous. It's also much less likely for petty criminals to be armed with actual firearms, so much so that they often end up using toy guns when say, attempting to rob jewelries (and often end up getting shot, because some toy/air guns are so well made they resemble the real things and it's impossible to tell in a stressful situation such as getting robbed or burgled in the middle of the night). Either that or they bring a knife to a gun fight and we all know how that typically goes.
    Last but not least, we don't have lefties trying to use school shootings as an excuse to push for ridiculous laws (suffice to say that "assault rifles" are classified as "sporting weapons" here) because we don't have school shootings.
    All in all, I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. But that's as far as Italy and Switzerland are concerned. If I were a France national for instance, I'd be far from OK (poor sods are having their "military style" weapons confiscated because their government bent the knee to the hoplophobic Eurocrats). And if I were a Brit, well I guess I'd try to slit my wrists with a butter knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Oh, so it's tied to the idiotic "it looks scary so you can't import it" nonsense rather than a Russian-specific thing? Even worse. At least a political embargo would've made more sense than the hoplophobic "it looks evil" bs.
    Combination of both, can't have looks scary from anyone, but also can't have polite guns from Russia.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Combination of both, can't have looks scary from anyone, but also can't have polite guns from Russia.
    "Polite guns" gave me a hearty chuckle. I bet my engraved Derringer with mother of pearl grips would be considered very polite (perhaps a bit girly, too, but who cares).
    Hmm. My mind wanders, and I wonder whether a Hello Kitty AR-15 would be considered acceptable in (mostly) gun-free Japan. I say mostly because, as I understood it, almost nobody in Japan is allowed to have guns. Hell, none of my Japanese friends believed me when I first told them I had a gun collection and I wasn't speaking about air-soft. But that doesn't explain why a box of 12 gauge slugs I bought had instructions in Italian, English and Japanese. I was like, what the heck? Oh well, I'm probably digressing.
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

"Polite guns" gave me a hearty chuckle. I bet my engraved Derringer with mother of pearl grips would be considered very polite (perhaps a bit girly, too, but who cares).
    Hmm. My mind wanders, and I wonder whether a Hello Kitty AR-15 would be considered acceptable in (mostly) gun-free Japan. I say mostly because, as I understood it, almost nobody in Japan is allowed to have guns. Hell, none of my Japanese friends believed me when I first told them I had a gun collection and I wasn't speaking about air-soft. But that doesn't explain why a box of 12 gauge slugs I bought had instructions in Italian, English and Japanese. I was like, what the heck? Oh well, I'm probably digressing.
    Shot guns/rifles can be had in Japan,you just have to pass an in depth background check and it's a may issue,not a shall issue type permit. Handguns from I gather are a "if you're not police/military/licensed guard,enjoy prison" level of bad to found with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Shot guns/rifles can be had in Japan,you just have to pass an in depth background check and it's a may issue,not a shall issue type permit. Handguns from I gather are a "if you're not police/military/licensed guard,enjoy prison" level of bad to found with.
    Yes, I'm reading a detailed article now. Still weirds me out, considering how draconian those regulations are, and how guns are viewed as a thing for LE and criminals only from 100% of the throng of Japanese people I know (I've spent some 3-4 years combined over a decade in Tokyo for work, so I met lots - and lots of them now work here).
    Nice avatar, by the way. 7/7 trample, unhinged edition, with some weird mechanic to reduce its cost if memory serves. It was one of my favourite unhinged cards.

Yes, I'm reading a detailed article now. Still weirds me out, considering how draconian those regulations are, and how guns are viewed as a thing for LE and criminals only from 100% of the throng of Japanese people I know (I've spent some 3-4 years combined over a decade in Tokyo for work, so I met lots - and lots of them now work here).
    Nice avatar, by the way. 7/7 trample, unhinged edition, with some weird mechanic to reduce its cost if memory serves. It was one of my favourite unhinged cards.
    Only card out of my entire collection I didn't sell when I stopped playing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, criminals just pick the wrong person to mess with.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas...all-of-my-hits

Years of training helped prepare a Las Vegas gun owner for a shootout last month that resulted in the death of an attacking gunman, he told Fox News on Wednesday.

B.J. Baldwin, a defensive pistol practitioner and champion road racer, said he and his girlfriend had just grabbed a late-night dinner at an In-N-Out Burger restaurant and were in a parking lot catching up on emails and social media when their ordeal began around 1:46 a.m. April 22.

He said his girlfriend alerted him to two hooded men standing about 80 yards away. He said he could barely make out the pair, but quickly determined they wanted to kill them.

As the suspects approached, one of them drew a gun and began firing -- two shots at his girlfriend and six shots at him, Baldwin said.

Luckily, every shot missed. The most likely reason was because Baldwin was firing back.

"I knew there was a high probability that he would miss because he was being filled with bullets," Baldwin said. "If he was going to pick anybody, he definitely should not have picked me."

The gunman died after being hit with 10 shots in a shootout that Baldwin estimated lasted 3.8 seconds.

A lesson for training/marksmanship and and just how short a gun fight can last even when several rounds are fired.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-05-21 at 11:48 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The hoops are annoying, for sure, but they can easily be sorted in half a day or two at most (every 5 years). 40 EUR every 5 years is nothing compared to how much I spend on ammo in an average practice weekend, or even just on guns (I'm don't settle for low-end stuff, and I also like collecting pieces of historical interest, so I'll leave it to your imaginations how many grands that might amount to).
    Plus, I'm never nervous when say, getting pulled over by the police and the like, because they tend to assume I'm not armed (most people aren't) and thus aren't nervous. It's also much less likely for petty criminals to be armed with actual firearms, so much so that they often end up using toy guns when say, attempting to rob jewelries (and often end up getting shot, because some toy/air guns are so well made they resemble the real things and it's impossible to tell in a stressful situation such as getting robbed or burgled in the middle of the night). Either that or they bring a knife to a gun fight and we all know how that typically goes.
    Last but not least, we don't have lefties trying to use school shootings as an excuse to push for ridiculous laws (suffice to say that "assault rifles" are classified as "sporting weapons" here) because we don't have school shootings.
    All in all, I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. But that's as far as Italy and Switzerland are concerned. If I were a France national for instance, I'd be far from OK (poor sods are having their "military style" weapons confiscated because their government bent the knee to the hoplophobic Eurocrats). And if I were a Brit, well I guess I'd try to slit my wrists with a butter knife.
    I thought you said 300 to 400 Euros every 5 years, but yeah 40 isn't bad.

Gives me something to think about if I decide to relocate.

That and someday I do want to visit Italy, that is where my family is from. Only been in the U.S. since my grandparents came over on a boat when they were little.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I thought you said 300 to 400 Euros every 5 years, but yeah 40 isn't bad.

Gives me something to think about if I decide to relocate.

That and someday I do want to visit Italy, that is where my family is from. Only been in the U.S. since my grandparents came over on a boat when they were little.
    I realize a made a little mistake there - I had intended to say "40 EUR per year" assuming you'd want to get and keep renewing a license. If your only interest would be a one-time purchase, however, you could also buy a gun and keep it indefinitely even without a license (with one caveat: you'd still have to do the psycho-physical evaluation every 5 years, so yeah that'd be 40 EUR every 5 years, if not a bit less). As I said earlier, a gun license is not required to legally own guns, you just have to register them (which is free).

But the way I see it, the cost for a license is the least of one's concerns - if one's serious about self defense, then training at the very least once a month would be a good idea, and a lot of money goes into bullets (although you can disregard gun shops and buy ammo directly at the national shooting ranges at discounted prices compared to gun shops, with a 30% discount on top of that if you're either a blood donor or a member of the ENPA (National Animal Protection Services, the membership is about 5 EUR a year, so it's incredibly convenient to be a member if you're a regular at the range, it'll literally save you hundreds of euros - the only caveat there is that you can't obtain ENPA membership if you have a hunting license, but that's a non-issue for most range-goers as they're 80% sportsmen, 10% private security guards doing their mandatory stuff, and 10% LE members.

Anecdote: my closest gun range has a huge cat colony who hang around despite the noise because they know most of us are cat people - hell, we even built them shelters for rainy days) and there's a bar/restaurant inside the club, so they get plenty of food and attention - they're unfazed by gunshots, too). The only issue is with one of those, which we dubbed "Mr. Remington", because he doesn't quite realize what's going on and likes to hang right the middle of the shooting lines. So whenever the alarm sounds (which means put down your weapons, clear them and stand away from the shooting lines), 99% of the times is Mr. Remington needing to be rescued. We still haven't figured out how he manages to get inside, because there are high walls and submarine-like double-doors between the outside area with the restaurant and garden where the cats hang, and the interior area where the shooting takes place.

Fun coincidence: half of my family has been living in the US for about a century now, in CT and VT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sometimes, criminals just pick the wrong person to mess with.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas...all-of-my-hits

Years of training helped prepare a Las Vegas gun owner for a shootout last month that resulted in the death of an attacking gunman, he told Fox News on Wednesday.

B.J. Baldwin, a defensive pistol practitioner and champion road racer, said he and his girlfriend had just grabbed a late-night dinner at an In-N-Out Burger restaurant and were in a parking lot catching up on emails and social media when their ordeal began around 1:46 a.m. April 22.

He said his girlfriend alerted him to two hooded men standing about 80 yards away. He said he could barely make out the pair, but quickly determined they wanted to kill them.

As the suspects approached, one of them drew a gun and began firing -- two shots at his girlfriend and six shots at him, Baldwin said.

Luckily, every shot missed. The most likely reason was because Baldwin was firing back.

"I knew there was a high probability that he would miss because he was being filled with bullets," Baldwin said. "If he was going to pick anybody, he definitely should not have picked me."

The gunman died after being hit with 10 shots in a shootout that Baldwin estimated lasted 3.8 seconds.

A lesson for training/marksmanship and and just how short a gun fight can last even when several rounds are fired.
    This is why I practice every weekend. And some have the gall of calling those who train in practical/defensive shooting "fanatics". If LE trained more outside of the mandatory stuff (I've those mandatory sessions, they're embarrassing, I wouldn't trust the average cop to be able to reliably and quickly hit a target at 10 meters with a 9 mm). Thankfully many cops realize that those mandatory sessions aren't enough and do practical/defensive training on their own volition (which they have to pay for out of their wallets, which is absurd, the way I see it is the State should either do more and better training sessions, or refund the cost of non-mandatory training sessions to LE).
    Last edited by Coolthulhu; 2020-05-21 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I practice every weekend. And some have the gall of calling those who train in practical/defensive shooting "fanatics". If LE trained more outside of the mandatory stuff (I've those mandatory sessions, they're embarrassing, I wouldn't trust the average cop to be able to reliably and quickly hit a target at 10 meters with a 9 mm). Thankfully many cops realize that those mandatory sessions aren't enough and do practical/defensive training on their own volition (which they have to pay for out of their wallets, which is absurd, the way I see it is the State should either do more and better training sessions, or refund the cost of non-mandatory training sessions to LE).
    I absolutely agree with that.

I once saw a video of a officer make a 50 yard killing one shot in the head of the criminal with his 9mm handgun. The reason is, the officer had spent a ton of time practicing, more so than what was required. I think the world record, using a handgun, for a shot on target is 280 yards, with a .38 revolver? That may have been broken by now. Not sure.

Edit :Yeah, it has been broken. I was only off by 720 yards. lol!

Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-05-21 at 05:57 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I absolutely agree with that.

I once saw a video of a officer make a 50 yard killing one shot in the head of the criminal with his 9mm handgun. The reason is, the officer had spent a ton of time practicing, more so than what was required. I think the world record, using a handgun, for a shot on target is 280 yards, with a .38 revolver? That may have been broken by now. Not sure.

Edit :Yeah, it has been broken. I was only off by 720 yards. lol!

Well Jerry has superhuman skills so he doesn't count (still very impressive, even for him). The other two examples are impressive as well. I can land one on a moving target at 54.6 yards (we round to meters so that's the equivalent to 50 meters), but with an extremely high-end .357 and in a sporting (hence relaxed) setting. Not sure how I'd do in such a stressful situation, would probably have to empty two or three drums before hitting anything, and it probably wouldn't be a headshot. And for anything over 200 meters (218 yards) I'd need some kind of magnification, iron sights alone are not enough for me past that range. Regardless, even if the shot at 280 yards was made with a magnifying device, it'd be rather impressive, especiallly with a .38.

You seem confused about a great deal of things. I'll bold them out and address them in order.
    1) National (TSN) facilities can't store privately-owned weapons. They only keep some for training, and for people to rent. It follows that if a national entity can't do that, neither can private shooting ranges. So where exactly should people keep there weapons if not in their homes?
    2) Gun carry licenses are extremely hard to obtain, they're probably between 15 and 20k as I write, and, unlike sporting ones, are only given to people who can prove to have an actual need for them (judges, magistrates, politically-exposed, people who have to handle large amount of precious goods such as jewellers, gun dealers, and private security [different rules apply for the latter, including mandatory training sessions]). Carry (self-defense) licenses are different to sporting licenses, in that they allow one to actually carry guns, so I have no idea what you're talking about when you say they "cheated". In other words, a person with a sporting license can't stroll around town with a holstered weapon, a person with a self-defense license can.
    3) I don't see any problem there, sporting membership expires each year, whereas sporting licenses expire every 5 years (used to be 6). One could take a year off, or quit but still want to retain his weapons for home defense or collecting purposes, or even just to indulge in the occasional plinking session.
    4) One's personal opinion doesn't really matter much - my personal experience is different, for instance. Most of the Italian people I know have nothing against firearms, and all of my Italian friends are left-wing, one's even an actual tankie.
    5) Again, you are pretty confused as to how gun control works. No weapon disappear from any record whatsoever, even after a gun license or a nulla osta expires. That's because they're different documents - a gun license or a nulla osta allows you to buy a weapon, but you then have to go and register it (on a separate document of which the police retains a copy). This document, called a "denuncia di armi e materiali esplodenti", is extremely detailed (you must list all of your weapons, where they're kept, their serial and cat. number, barrel numbers if multiple barrels are owned, as well as other situational stuff such as "oversized" mags [>10 for rifles, >20 for handguns), and of course number and cal. of ammo and gunpowder [for those who reload or make their own cartridges/shells]) and it never expires. As a matter of fact, those who don't have a gun license but legally keep weapons regardless must periodically provide the authorities with the same certificate of good psycho-physical health (license owners don't, obviously, because it's the same exact certificate required to obtain or renew a gun license). In any case, no weapon disappears from any record.
    6) That's your personal experience - which doesn't account for much, mine for instance is quite different, but I refrain from making blanket statements such as "all lefties are anti-gun". Also, something doesn't add up: you said that weapons are not a thing in Italy, but there are not one but many stereotypes about gun owners? How does that work, and why are you being racist towards people from Veneto? Last but not least, it might surprise you to know that people known to be associated with neo-fascist movements are typically denied gun licenses, even sporting ones - which is why the modern italian neo-fascists' hallmark weapons are clubs, knives and in the more extreme cases, illegal firearms.
    7) The similarities lie in the thought process, i.e. generalization and preconceived views based on political (and even regional, apparently) bias.
    1) so im starting to have problems with it
    2) because if you take a sport or hunting license you are suppoused to use firearms for fun or hunting activities, not shooting trepasser, but most of the sport license are taken as a shortcut to have a gun at home and never used in shooting ranges.
    3) thats exactly the problem
    4)i mean, i didnt know if you are italian or only work here occasionally, but i am. and i never meet personally a gun enthusiast in 30 years of life. i mean, you can even check fb posts after some US school shooting to see the median reception by italians.
    5) thats what is written in the article
    Resta da chiarire, infine, che fine hanno fatto le armi iscritte nei registri cartacei prima dell’informatizzazione delle procedure, così come quelle acquistate con licenze oggi scadute oppure con il “nulla osta”, cioè il permesso che dura solo 30 giorni e di cui non si hanno dati.
    sure i dont know anything, but if later in the article even beretta's owner says something about like 1.6M old hunt licence for which we dont know anything anymore, then im pretty worried that these laws and checks arent enough...
    6) uhm yes? stereotypes are often stronger on "minorities", what is strange in it?
    racist toward veneto? i can often make fun of their streets full of holes but what is racist in my comment?
    7) what? im not making difference for anybody. the state and police should strictly check for guns me, my friend, venetians, gun enthusiat, gun haters in the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Jerry has superhuman skills so he doesn't count (still very impressive, even for him). The other two examples are impressive as well. I can land one on a moving target at 54.6 yards (we round to meters so that's the equivalent to 50 meters), but with an extremely high-end .357 and in a sporting (hence relaxed) setting. Not sure how I'd do in such a stressful situation, would probably have to empty two or three drums before hitting anything, and it probably wouldn't be a headshot. And for anything over 200 meters (218 yards) I'd need some kind of magnification, iron sights alone are not enough for me past that range. Regardless, even if the shot at 280 yards was made with a magnifying device, it'd be rather impressive, especiallly with a .38.
    Yeah. Jerry is exceptional. Here he is making a 200 yard shot with a revolver, iron sights and.....upside down. And a snub nose one at that. lol!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    2) because if you take a sport or hunting license you are suppoused to use firearms for fun or hunting activities, not shooting trepasser, but most of the sport license are taken as a shortcut to have a gun at home and never used in shooting ranges.
    4)i mean, i didnt know if you are italian or only work here occasionally, but i am. and i never meet personally a gun enthusiast in 30 years of life. i mean, you can even check fb posts after some US school shooting to see the median reception by italians.

sure i dont know anything, but if later in the article even beretta's owner says something about like 1.6M old hunt licence for which we dont know anything anymore, then im pretty worried that these laws and checks arent enough...
    6) uhm yes? stereotypes are often stronger on "minorities", what is strange in it?
    racist toward veneto? i can often make fun of their streets full of holes but what is racist in my comment?
    7) what? im not making difference for anybody. the state and police should strictly check for guns me, my friend, venetians, gun enthusiat, gun haters in the same way.
    I do not see it as a problem. Now what do the authorities do if someone there, happens to use it to shoot a intruder who breaks into their home? How they react could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post

1) Doesn't affect me, sorry;
    2) The law explicitly allows people to use legally-obtained firearms for home defense regardless of one having a license, as long as the weapon is legally detained, so there's no "cheating" whatsoever - as to the latter assumption, that's just what it is, an assumption - and a baseless one at that. Gun ranges are packed in the weekends. Go and visit one, you'll see how many people there are, you might even find it fun to try shooting with 4,5 mm air guns (TSN venues usually allow a free trial with those), and perhaps you'd also see how there are people of all kinds and ages there (lots of girls, too), as opposed to a bunch of old, cantankerous leghisti, which is probably what you imagine;
    3) Why is that a problem? As I've already said, you can legally own guns even without a license. You still have to provide the psycho-physical evaluation every 5 years. No weapon magically disappears from anything. We don't have mass shootings, and gun crimes are perpetrated with illegal weapons the vast majority of the times;
    4) I'm a dual national. I've met many gun enthusiasts (collectors, sportsmen, hunters and even a couple of Olympic champions - if you payed attention to the sports people typically never pay attention to, such as shooting sports, you'd probably re-evaluate your views of Italy "not having a gun culture");
    5) Whoever wrote that article clearly didn't know that, as I've already explained (and I won't explain a third time), all weapons must be registered within 72 hours of purchase in a document that never expires and is completely independent & unrelated from gun licenses and nulla ostas. Moreover, there's nothing to clear about the part you quoted. The paper documents are still there in their archives, those documents don't expire and are not expunged from the records, not even after the death of a person (and that's exactly because they don't want "ghost weapons" around, so if a heir doesn't claim it, they retrieve it and destroy it, that's the procedure).
    6) It's not strange. That doesn't make it a "good" or intellectually honest thing do do either. Generalization is a very narrow-minded (and that's an euphemism) modus cogitandi and its spawns are racism, bigotry, preconceived bs, and the like;
    7) Gun enthusiasts are invariably license-holders, and license-holders are already strictly checked, so I don't know where you're aiming at there.

Yeah. Jerry is exceptional. Here he is making a 200 yard shot with a revolver, iron sights and.....upside down. And a snub nose one at that. lol!!

I do not see it as a problem. Now what do the authorities do if someone there, happens to use it to shoot a intruder who breaks into their home? How they react could be a problem.
    Lol. And here I am, unable to hit anything past 15 meters with snubbies.
    As to the underlined part, there's always an investigation, but the law states that if someone breaks into your house or business you can "use legally detained firearms or any other means" (so a baseball bat or a fire poker could also be used, for instance) if you have reason to believe they're a threat to you or others in the house (so if they're armed, if they threaten you, &c.; the law also states that "people acting under the extreme distress cause by the situation can't be punished for excess of self-defense"). What you can't do is shoot people who are fleeing and pose no threat, or those who surrender.

4) I'm a dual national. I've met many gun enthusiasts (collectors, sportsmen, hunters and even a couple of Olympic champions - if you payed attention to the sports people typically never pay attention to, such as shooting sports, you'd probably re-evaluate your views of Italy "not having a gun culture");
    You've certainly got a point here.

Guess it is one of those things that depends on social circles, interests, and where you live. At least the two first help you recognize that it's common compared to an outsider, though I guess what you call many could be seen as the opposite by someone else (since I don't know numbers here).

At the same time, I understand what it can mean to be ignorant of these things. I know better, right, but if I didn't have specific knowledge, I'd probably think it was uncommon here too.

Basically, I've met two hunters in my entire life, so doesn't seem common.
    Never met a sport shooter or even someone who knows one, so seems uncommon too, right?
    Never seen a shooting club, an advertisement for one, or anything like it.

However(!), I live in the south, while hunting is more common further north. Due to landscape and such, I assume.
    I know of at least four Swedish sport shooters that all have some combination Olympic/Paralympic/WC/EC medals.
    I also know sport shooting is the seventh most popular sport in the country with upwards of 200,000 people being members of a club.

Think most people are just a bit blind to it or coloured by opinion.
    Last edited by Secret Arcade; 2020-05-22 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1)

Lol. And here I am, unable to hit anything past 15 meters with snubbies.
    As to the underlined part, there's always an investigation, but the law states that if someone breaks into your house or business you can "use legally detained firearms or any other means" (so a baseball bat or a fire poker could also be used, for instance) if you have reason to believe they're a threat to you or others in the house (so if they're armed, if they threaten you, &c.; the law also states that "people acting under the extreme distress cause by the situation can't be punished for excess of self-defense"). What you can't do is shoot people who are fleeing and pose no threat, or those who surrender.
    You can't do that in the US ether. In any state that I am aware of. Ohio is one of the several states which has the Castle Law. But even that law can vary some in different states. In Ohio. the home owner is given the right to assume anyone breaking into their home or vehicle when they are present in them, means them serous harm and is justified to use deadly force to stop that threat.

Of course any shooting is going to be investigated. But in Ohio, by law, the requirement for the home owner to prove they felt threatened, is removed. The burden of proof they where not justified in using deadly force, is on the prosecutor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another recent example of the purpose of the Second Amendment in action.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-m...ng-wife-police

A Florida man in his 70s fatally shot a home intruder who busted through the glass front door and began attacking his wife on Tuesday, investigators said.

Deputies arrived at the Panama City home around 6:05 a.m. and found 31-year-old Nathan Jerrell Edwards laying on the floor dead and a handgun on the counter, the Bay County Sheriff’s Office said.

Another recent example of the purpose of the Second Amendment in action.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-m...ng-wife-police

A Florida man in his 70s fatally shot a home intruder who busted through the glass front door and began attacking his wife on Tuesday, investigators said.

Deputies arrived at the Panama City home around 6:05 a.m. and found 31-year-old Nathan Jerrell Edwards laying on the floor dead and a handgun on the counter, the Bay County Sheriff’s Office said.
    When are you going to attack Trump for literally attacking the 1st amendment? Your not? Yeah, your just a little bitch who doesn't give a shit about america.

Still posting random one off stories while ignoring the hundreds shot with "legal" guns between post?

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...in-morris.html

A Montevallo boy has been identified as the child killed in Morris in what police say was an accidental shooting over the weekend.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2020...-defreeze.html
    Cleveland teen killed in accidental shooting

https://abc13.com/4-year-old-boy-kil...-shot/6212346/

Police say that while people inside a home and in the backyard were enjoying the party, the 4-year-old and a 10-year-old boy were alone, playing inside a bedroom. Chief William McManus says that is when the children got their hands on a weapon.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...h-15293691.php
    an unborn child has died in what investigators describe as an accidental shooting in Steele County of eastern North Dakota.

https://patch.com/alabama/trussville...-gunshot-wound
    A 5-year-old Shelby County boy has died after accidentally shooting himself at a home in Morris Sunday night, authorities said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/police...y-kills-woman/
    a police officer in Arlington, Texas has been placed on administrative leave after firing three shots at a dog and accidentally shooting and killing a woman nearby.

just in the last 7 days and only the first page of news....wonderful examples of the 2nd amendment in action!

All while your president attacks the 1st amendment and you and your party sit quietly. What are you going to do when he comes for your guns next, you know the president who has limited your 2nd amendment rights already?

P.s. hmm, I haven't heard from you in a while about any polls? I wonder why?
    Here's your favorite btw
    https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ez_track_may27
    shit down to 42% on Rasmussen... that's like 35% everywhere else. daaaaaaaaamn.
    34% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    just in the last 7 days and only the first page of news....wonderful examples of the 2nd amendment in action!
    Criminal negligence more like. Which by definition has nothing to do with responsible gun ownership.
    As to the cop and dog one, it's pretty clear it was an accident - the dog did charge at him, of course that's no reason for firing that recklessly, but wasn't the topic about civilian ownership? We already know that many cops in the US have terrible training.

- - - Updated - - -

Nonsense, the police would've magically teleported there and ended the threat, there was no need for the 70 yo guy to fire his weapon, his wife would've been fine. Oh wait, the police isn't omniscient and can't teleport either. It always amazes me how the anti-gun crowd seems to be oblivious of these simple facts.