Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Create the perfect MMO

Combine the formulas of 2 or more MMOs to create the perfect MMORPG.

I'll start:

The high fantasy theme of ESO, with the class and model design of FFXIV, plus the budget of WoW.

A triple AAA version of Atlas / Conan Exiles / Last Oasis.

The game depicted in the anime, Log Horizon, looked pretty cool (basically a beefed up Everquest). So basically, Everquest/FFXI with action combat (like Terra or Black Desert).

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Citizen with the amount of content WoW has with the methodology of TBC and the community marketplace that Steam runs for it's games such as Dota 2 and CSGO.

I want amazing space MMO with realistic sci-fi ideals and controversial topics.
    -K

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ESO story/voice/texture/landscape/graphics, wow's combat system, rifts skill tree/class flexibility

Low fantasy massive living world like the latest Assassin Creed games. I know they're not exactly MMOs but still.. also the the whole world should remain relevant all the time. Mechanics like Old school Runescape and maybe EvE online where every player starts out as a humble peasant and what they become depends purely on the way they play the game. It should take years to get to level cap and there should be no catch up mechanics but at the same time, the game should be about the journey, not the end.

World of Warcraft: gameplay fluidity & raid / dungeon quantity
    Final Fantasy XIV: Everything Else. (Story, class design, world, world building... I just want a less clunky gameplay engine and just more endgame stuff. )

Wildstar: housing
    World of Warcraft: UI and gameplay
    Granado Espada: Multi character control and gathering of characters
    Starcraft: universe

5+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer Fantasy MMORPG with brutal action combat, a focus on big PvP and a dynamic world (factions control parts of the map, go to war with player aid and can expand their influence, like planetside 2) with base building and survival elements (including corruption points from doing evil things) and a destructible environment HNNNGGG

World of Warcraft but Activsion doesn't buy Blizzard.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on my experiences with what I play/played
    World of Warcraft: Combat system, UI, dungeon and raid design, transmog system (obtaining pieces), world and zone design (especially WoD onwards), side quest design, reputations, gearing design
    Guild Wars 2: Mount system, dye system, world event system
    ESO: Graphics, transmog system (application), housing, NPC interaction, main questline design, instant travel system, zone lvl scaling, dye system, professions, talent/passive system

I am aware I have dye system twice; that's because I quite like both of them, while the approach to them being quite different. As such, I would combine it, allow for certain dyes to be obtained via achievements (as is in ESO), while other dyes being drops/random chance items (as is in GW2). Application in both is relatively similar.
    Last edited by Serenais; 2020-05-29 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A MMO for adults only. To have almost no cenzorship.

And lets say its based on a pokemon game playstyle (or temtem since its true mmo) with a mix of MGQ-P. (combat is similar to xenoblade, to reduce key imputs)
    However you can have a camera in 1.st or 3th person mode and its not a look from the top.

Game will have 2 modes and playing male character is easy mode, when female is permadead (well not dead, but something happens to female characters).

give me the Secret World but built by better devs that would be something.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

And lets say its based on a pokemon game playstyle (or temtem since its true mmo) with a mix of MGQ-P. (combat is similar to xenoblade, to reduce key imputs)
    However you can have a camera in 1.st or 3th person mode and its not a look from the top.

Game will have 2 modes and playing male character is easy mode, when female is permadead (well not dead, but something happens to female characters).
    What the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    World of Warcraft but Activsion doesn't buy Blizzard.
    Based.

I'd probably like to see another MMORPG either set in the Warhammer fantasy universe or the LOTR universe with WoW's smooth gameplay and depth of class design (MoP class design not whatever the fuck we got in the later expansions) and graphics that are more up to date like in Black Desert Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Sounds like a fun MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    wow's combat system
    What the hell, dude? WoW has probably the worst combat system of all rpg games I can remember!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    What the hell, dude? WoW has probably the worst combat system of all rpg games I can remember!
    I personally like the combat system, I am not as big of a fan of say ESO's combat targeting system. I prefer the older style tab targeting that WoW and Rift used. Not big into FPS either so the whole targeting with your mouse just doesn't appeal to me. Also not a big fan or weapon swapping or bar swapping. I understand this helps to move games to console our perhaps give some more diversity to class designed tied to specific weapons. I prefer to have all of my skills on a bar and not mess around with swapping bars or weapons to access different skills. Also wasn't a huge fan of wild stars system either, though I would take that over ESO any day; and honestly with ESO my biggest issue comes down to the weapon swapping.
    Last edited by Talon8669; 2020-05-29 at 06:09 PM.

darkfall online game play+ world of warcraft content

an mmo rich in content like wow with many raids and dungeons transmog mounts pets etc

the feeling of something like skyrim,where you rly feel like you are part of that world immersed,kinda like eso but a little better

a rich and detailed enviroment and outdoor world like witcher 3 with diverse locations like dragon age inquisition

also would be rly cool if the world had stuff in it worth finding,something to make exploring worth it,like you go in a cave and you find a chest with actual usefull stuff thats personal like the wod treasures,but on every map

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    as tab target goes,wow is proly the best,its smooth and responsive and fluid,it feels right,other tab target games feel kinda clunky or you feel locked in