Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Probably/possibly. Difference?
    I mean, this is pretty basic:

Probably: almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.
    Possibly: perhaps (used to indicate doubt or hesitancy).

Is that clearer now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I would think the people in a city with active riots would care.
    You'd think so, but then they'd probably realise that even with this delayed action MPD still took it upon themselves to escalate the situation to outrageous levels.

There has been enough coddling of the pigs. If they don't like it, they can fuckin' resign.

Fuck the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    For somebody that knows so much about witches you certainly make a lot of the same mistakes as the witch hunters of old. Good going!
    And yet, you can't actually explain your position in any way at all. You're just defending racists and murderers.

10+ Year Old Account
    For somebody that knows so much about witches you certainly make a lot of the same mistakes as the witch hunters of old. Good going!
    except corrupt cops and cops that try to find problems in a victim absolutely does happen. In Dallas where an innocent dude was killed in his own apartment eating ice cream by a drunk cop, Texas Rangers and local police department tried to smear the victim with "he had pot".

In Austin in the 90's, Ricky Williams gets arrested because the cop determined he was "resisiting arrest" by not giving his legal name (which isnt Ricky but EVERYONE knows him by Ricky), but my dad doesnt get shit for never giving his legal name.

Look at nearly every police union backing their cops despite evidense the cops did wrong, such as in Ft Worth when the woman was shot in her own house because the cop didnt identify himself.

Also in Ft Worth, one of the "good cops" was suspnded and left the force because he leaked a video that showe dpolice brutality that poeple would have never known about otherwise.

An entire police department in Texas kept giving a fmaily member the run around cause they didnt want to have to deal with helping her despite being a victim of violence.

They could, but I'm not convinced that's a good move in the eyes of the police during rioting.
    It could have mitigated or possibly even avoided the rioting.

Cops shouldn't get special treatment when it comes to murder. Anyone else doing this would have been arrested immediately.

They could, but I'm not convinced that's a good move in the eyes of the police during rioting.
    I'm not sure a riot would have happened if the cop had been arrested and held as fast as he was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Is a witch hunt a witch hunt if the witch is real?

Not holding people accountable is why American PD is corrupted now.
    Then do so but do it properly and not in the way that leaves some people lifework in ruins

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scores-bar-mpls-riot-rebuild

10+ Year Old Account
    Then do so but do it properly
    Lol, you people started a war with Britain over less oppressive circumstances.

"Proper" protest, bitch please.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Lol, you people started a war with Britain over less oppressive circumstances.

"Proper" protest, bitch please.
    British tea is overrated and deserved to be tossed overboard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I mean, this is pretty basic:

Probably: almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.
    Possibly: perhaps (used to indicate doubt or hesitancy).

Is that clearer now?
    Okay Ms. Fizzle, thanks for the lesson in semantics

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Yeah we're gonna fight for freedom!

...No, not for you black people.
    ...Gays? Hah.
    ...Lol imagine 'women' being "free".
    ...What is "Latinx"?

We're gonna fight for the freedom of a propertied class of white males many of whom were actual slaveholders! That freedom!

10+ Year Old Account
    The number of people in the last couple days trying to argue that the Boston Tea Party wasn't an instance of rioters looting and destroying property is . . . fascinating.

Because that's literally what it was. Calling it a "party" doesn't change the facts. It's just a riot and looting that you've enshrined in your history as "good", and thus people need to pretend it wasn't a riot to justify their stance that "riots are always bad and done by terrible people who deserve to be hurt".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The number of people in the last couple days trying to argue that the Boston Tea Party wasn't an instance of rioters looting and destroying property is . . . fascinating.

Because that's literally what it was. Calling it a "party" doesn't change the facts. It's just a riot and looting that you've enshrined in your history as "good", and thus people need to pretend it wasn't a riot to justify their stance that "riots are always bad and done by terrible people who deserve to be hurt".
    Oh boy Endus if you like that rabbit hole let's have a discussion about the ethical implications of some of the white Tea Partiers dressed up in Native American attire while protesting for the creation of a state with the explicit purpose of expanding into Indian territory and seizing their land.

I'm sure that can only end with some shred of dignity in my fellow man intact.

10+ Year Old Account

There was a ton of rioting outside of that too. Like the events up to the Boston massacre had a lot of vandalized stores owned by British or British sympathizers.

The stupidity of romanticizing / admiring the circumstances leading up to the Revolution but not whats currently happening is ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a ton of rioting outside of that too. Like the events up to the Boston massacre had a lot of vandalized stores owned by British or British sympathizers.

The stupidity of romanticizing / admiring the circumstances leading up to the Revolution but not whats currently happening is ugh.
    "Ugh" really sums it up.

We are over two centuries on in this American experiment and yet we're still having to coddle white people that refuse to believe slavery or Jim Crow had any lasting impact.

And yet, you can't actually explain your position in any way at all. You're just defending racists and murderers.
    My dear witch hunter care to explain to me why this cop was racist?

My dear witch hunter care to explain to me why this cop was racist?
    My dear sealion care to explain why are you sealionning?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

except corrupt cops and cops that try to find problems in a victim absolutely does happen. In Dallas where an innocent dude was killed in his own apartment eating ice cream by a drunk cop, Texas Rangers and local police department tried to smear the victim with "he had pot".

In Austin in the 90's, Ricky Williams gets arrested because the cop determined he was "resisiting arrest" by not giving his legal name (which isnt Ricky but EVERYONE knows him by Ricky), but my dad doesnt get shit for never giving his legal name.

Look at nearly every police union backing their cops despite evidense the cops did wrong, such as in Ft Worth when the woman was shot in her own house because the cop didnt identify himself.

Also in Ft Worth, one of the "good cops" was suspnded and left the force because he leaked a video that showe dpolice brutality that poeple would have never known about otherwise.

An entire police department in Texas kept giving a fmaily member the run around cause they didnt want to have to deal with helping her despite being a victim of violence.
    I dont disagree. I find the screening of the American PF to be appallingly bad.

It was a targeted act of destruction in protest, nothing was looted for personal enrichment, nothing was unnecessarily destroyed. This is well documented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    It was a targeted act of destruction in protest, nothing was looted for personal enrichment, nothing was unnecessarily destroyed. This is well documented.
    and the British owned stores and the british sympathizer owned stores that were vandalized leading up to the Boston massacre?

Also, tyou dont get to pick and choose what is and is not unnecessarily destroyed lols.