Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    I just linked two government reports that already did not corroborate your claims and the claims of others in this thread. There are perceptions aired here that are not supported by available data.

Again, I don't know anything about the incident you're talking about, which you still haven't provided any sources on. It's possible, for example, that the black person in question matched the description of a wanted suspect. I don't know. And it doesn't really matter, either. Because you're just vomiting anecdotes while I distribute concrete datasets.
    People like you honestly do not give a fuck about data, at least not the meaning of the data.

People like you look at data, and then say well I don't need context, fuck context which is not how stats work.

For instance how does this happen?

Explain how this happens:

How black and latinos are charged as adults far more often than whites? Even when both groups are poor, or when both groups have money there's another study out of California on this that shows the same issue.

Do you think if a black or latino person punches a person that they're more criminal than a white teenager who also punches a person? Say the same intensity the same motive, the same socioeconomic background... why is it then white people are less likely to be charged as adults for these crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I'm fine with protests, shut that shit down until you're heard, that's legal and right. I can't bring myself to defend rioting and looting though. Don't wreck your own neighborhoods. I also don't think the looters and the protesters are the same group of folks, for the most part.
    There are reasons why Rioting and Looting happens, people are fed up with the system and the people in power are not treating the people properly, time and time again Cops get off for killing people of Color for Minor Crimes. Riots happen when people are Angry, Looting happens when people are angry.

Racists voted for a Racist in Chief too who could care less about Black Lives with completely Fake Sympathies from Right Wingers from Fox News talk show hosts to various Racist Political Commentators to Trump, This is why Colin Kaepernick was kneeling and it was clearly ignored by Racists and others who spew All Lives Matter BS, It's not completely on Governments as this has been brewing for a long time.

Black Lives Matter because people refuse to accept that there is a Culture of Racism in the USA.

Riots are the Language of the Unheard.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Honestly feels like the rioting and looting is exactly what Trump and his base would want in this scenario. Anything to undercut the negative light trying to be shined on his boys in blue. They are just trashing their own neighborhood after all. And the mayor is a democrat, so Trump wouldn't care about throwing him under the bus and blaming everything on him. Not to mention Trump is already desperate for a distraction to take everyone's mind off his failures at handling the pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    clearly you've never been to england around pubs on a friday night
    Ah yes. England. That country famous for its complete lack of racial animus towards nonwhites. /s

When it comes to attitudes regarding race relations, given your track record over the past few centuries? As follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    For not getting out of the police's way when they were moving in to secure the ruins of the precinct building, not for covering the cleanup.
    For being black.
    https://thehill.com/changing-america...mera-his-white
    The arrest was captured live, as viewers could see Jimenez holding his CNN badge while reporting and telling officers that he and his crew would move to wherever officers asked.

"We can move back to where you like. We are live on the air here,” Jimenez could be heard saying. “Put us back where you want us. We are getting out of your way. Wherever you want us we'll get out of your way," Jimenez said to police before he was grabbed by the arm and put in handcuffs.

The camera was still rolling at this time as their stunned colleagues back at the studio wondered aloud if the equipment was being held by the crew or by police officers.

According to white CNN journalist Josh Campbell, who was also on the ground in Minneapolis, he was "treated much differently" by officers than Jimenez. "I'm sitting here talking to the National Guard, talking to the police. They're asking politely to move here and there. A couple times I've moved closer than they would like. They asked politely to move back. They didn't pull out the handcuffs. Lot different here than what Omar experienced."
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-30 at 05:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    There are reasons why Rioting and Looting happens, people are fed up with the system and the people in power are not treating the people properly, time and time again Cops get off for killing people of Color for Minor Crimes. Riots happen when people are Angry, Looting happens when people are angry.
    There is no excuse for rioting and looting, ever, period. They should be dealt with harshly. While this incident was completely and utter bullshit and the officer(s) should be charged to the fullest extent of the law, it doesn't justify this type of behavior. Peaceful protesting requires respect for the community and absolutely zero violence and/or property damage. The reality is that most of this is virtue-signaling drivel. Most people don't give two shits about their next-door neighbor, much less someone across town/state/country. Incidents like this are just an excuse for people to take their Twitter-fueled stupidity into the streets and demonstrate just how much of half-witted shit bags they truly are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    There is no excuse for rioting and looting, ever, period.
    It has happened multiple Times in America due to Racial Injustice and MLK's assassination.

There are clear reasons why Rioting and Looting happens. This is what happens when People are sick of
    Racial Injustice in America while they feel like they're being Ignored.

Peaceful protesting requires respect for the community and absolutely zero violence and/or property damage.
    LMAO, Peaceful protests haven't worked.

The reality is that most of this is virtue-signaling drivel.
    The Reality is most people who accuse others of Virtue-Signaling Racism are Dog Whistling Racists.

Most people don't give two shits about their next-door neighbor, much less someone across town/state/country.
    Yet plenty gathered together to Burn a Police Station
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-30 at 05:44 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Fella got charged for murder. That's shocking, they usually get away...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Fella got charged for murder. That's shocking, they usually get away...
    Well, there's 3 other cops in this case that so far haven't been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    Hope they have insurance for those bad boys! Dey expensive

It sure is amazing how little the police care about their public image in spite of everything that's happened, like they want to stay in their riot gear a bit longer.

Even for the murder itself, they were obviously being recorded by several cameras, what did they think was going to happen?

It's a very tense time between the coronavirus, I'm also afraid of them

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Do the violent protesters in any way mitigate the ongoing horror of cops murdering black people?
    Yes, they do.

Also, they are rioters, not protestors.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Thank you, who else will defend corporate giants like target from property damage.

The whole reason this started was because the police used violence first. You can preach your bull shit as much as you like but until the state stops using violence as a first line of "defence" the people should be rioting.

For this to stop the state and the police need to do the right thing. They wont though.
    The right thing for the police to do right now would be to turn fire hoses on the rioters.

Looks like the cop was straight up choking him out with the intention of killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Thank you, who else will defend corporate giants like target from property damage.

The whole reason this started was because the police used violence first. You can preach your bull shit as much as you like but until the state stops using violence as a first line of "defence" the people should be rioting.

For this to stop the state and the police need to do the right thing. They wont though.
    It's not just "corporate giants" it's the community itself they are looting. Small businesses, homes, large businesses etc. When it's all said and done, what are those workers who work at said places going to do in the interim? Target probably doesn't take a dent, the community does via laid off work. Small businesses will probably have to eat the loss and move on... Then years down the road poverty increases and crime increases. Real great plan that is to riot your city

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    It's not just "corporate giants" it's the community itself they are looting. Small businesses, homes, large businesses etc. When it's all said and done, what are those workers who work at said places going to do in the interim? Target probably doesn't take a dent, the community does via laid off work. Small businesses will probably have to eat the loss and move on... Then years down the road poverty increases and crime increases. Real great plan that is to riot your city
    Target actually announced they are closing all locations in the area they will not be returning. They are going to living on wel fare in their burnt out hovel when they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Target actually announced they are closing all locations in the area they will not be returning. They are going to living on wel fare in their burnt out hovel when they are done.
    The cop was wrong in what he did, but so where the rioters, yeah. I'm not sure how burning down your own neighborhood gets you justice. Just a reason to complain later that it was someone else's fault I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Target's financial difficulties just like every other brick and mortar retail store in the Amazon era, compounded with...you know....The plague? Right?

The demand for those goods doesn't go away when the stores do. If anything fewer big chain stores is a net benefit.

And it's immaterial anyway because, again, this is a result of a system of state sponsored terror against black people which should be far more intolerable to y'all than any amount of property damage.

Provided that you have basic empathy for your fellow man but, that's lacking on the Republican side of things these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.