Yep, people are still doing their damndest to defend murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Seriously? The cop that pushed the man to the ground did come to help after another came first, so initially that one thought he was in the right and only one thought this went too far.

But I got it, it's totes ok to push old people to the ground if you help them up afterward. Let's just hope they don't break their necks or are severely hurt. Keep excusing police brutality.

Also, I do like your spin on this, they rushed to help and protect him, yeah, rushed to help after pushing him and protect him from themselves.
    The only one spinning is you. I am not excusing police brutality. You, on the other hand are misrepresenting the situation to further your anti-police crusade. Those cops are in the heat of the moment. He knocked the guy to the ground and after realized what he did, went into assist the man. Hesitating for 2 seconds in no way means he thought he was in the right. But that kills your case about police brutality, so you completely make up what the cop was thinking and ignore them realizing their mistake and calim it was police brutality.

I am not sure if you think spreading misinformation or exaggerating the posts of people in this thread helps your case but keep excusing police brutality because apparently civilians are held to a higher standard than law-enforcement.
    Again, the only one spinning and misrepresenting anything is you. NOBODY is excusing law enforcement for anything. The only one making excuses is you for the looters and riotters destroying property and ruining other innocents lives.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-05-31 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's take a look at imgur's top pic from last night.

Oh...damn, that's from Ferguson, MO, apparently. And it seems hauntingly familiar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The only one spinning is you. I am not excusing police brutality. You, on the other hand are misrepresenting the situation to further your anti-police crusade. Those cops are in the heat of the moment. He knocked the guy to the ground and after realized what he did, went into assist the man. Hesitating for 2 seconds in no way means he thought he was in the right. But that kills your case about police brutality, so you completely make up what the cop was thinking and ignore them realizing their mistake and calim it was police brutality.
    Are you serious? Because they helped the man after one of theirs shoved him to the ground it is not police brutality? Again I ask you, what if the man had hit his head and went limp, then it would also not be police brutality if they call an ambulance? You really go lengths to excuse inexcusable behavior by law enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

So are there actually protests going off everywhere in America or are people just posting old riot footage around the place and claiming it's going on right now? Because I've seen some that were very obviously "old news" because I recognised it from yesteryear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Uh-huh, the ME surely never gets pressured to find a particular result. Your accusation that I'll believe that which supports my prejudgment smells like projection. As I said, we'll see what a second opinion yields, I couldn't tell you what the result will be. I believe what I saw, and if he happened to die from cardiac arrest, it changes nothing about the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure looks like someone excusing police brutality.
    NO I am not because it wasn't police brutality. It was a mistake in the heat of the moment. The fact that he helps the guy up and they protected him proves that he knew he made a mistake. But you anti-police people do not care because any police contact is automatically brutality and do not care about the context or reactions. You will call cops breathing on someone police brutality. You throw around that term on everything and get away from real police brutality. It doesn't fit your crusade to admit it was a mistake in the heat of the moment. Nope, all cops are bad in your mind and any action they take is automatically police brutality.

15+ Year Old Account
    NOOBDY is excusing police brutality. You, on the other hand, continue to cheer on those who are destoying property and ruining innocents lives and even cops getting hurt. Your hypocrisy is deafening.
    Do quote me where I cheer on those who are destroying property, ruining innocents lives, and cops getting hurt.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Those cops are in the heat of the moment.
    Heat of what moment? They go from shoving one elderly man around to a different one. Was their frenzy of aggression toward the elderly some kind of mitigating circumstance? We're not seeing police in some kind of life threatening emergency, they briefly leave the shelter of their armored vehicle to attack a small group of people for walking. I can actually respect that sometimes poor choices are made in the heat of the moment, but this is not remotely that.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yep, people are still doing their damndest to defend murder.
    Nobody is defending Murder. But you and many others are doing their damdest to defend looters and roiters ruining other innocent people lives.

NO I am not because it wasn't police brutality. It was a mistake in the heat of the moment. The fact that he helps the guy up and they protected him proves that he knew he made a mistake. But you anti-police people do not care because any police contact is automatically brutality and do not care about the context or reactions. You will call cops breathing on someone police brutality. You throw around that term on everything and get away from real police brutality. It doesn't fit your crusade to admit it was a mistake in the heat of the moment. Nope, all cops are bad in your mind and any action they take is automatically police brutality.
    Lol and you accuse other people of spinning? I grew up around cops, I know lots of good ones - one of my oldest friends is about to graduate and go to work as a police officer in the town we grew up in. No, all cops are not bad. This is obvious police brutality, it was uncalled for, unnecessary, and their choices after the fact are good, but do not excuse their behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure if you think spreading misinformation or exaggerating the posts of people in this thread helps your case but keep excusing police brutality because apparently civilians are held to a higher standard than law-enforcement.
    Where exactly did I excuse police brutality? And my hyperbole pales in comparison to the gross exaggerations coming from your lot... A few pages back your fringe leftist loon buddy Elegiac was literally equating the police pepper spraying someone to the military dropping napalm on people in Vietnam...

Nobody is defending Murder. But you and many others are doing their damdest to defend looters and roiters ruining other innocent people lives.
    Plenty of people are defending murder, as has been pointed out the entire thread.

Heat of what moment? They go from shoving one elderly man around to a different one. Was their frenzy of aggression toward the elderly some kind of mitigating circumstance? We're not seeing police in some kind of life threatening emergency, they briefly leave the shelter of their armored vehicle to attack a small group of people for walking. I can actually respect that sometimes poor choices are made in the heat of the moment, but this is not remotely that.
    Do you even know what the heat of the moment mean/ He was trying to push people back and in the process of doing so knocked an elderly man to the ground. When he realized the man was elderly with a cane, he rushed in to help him up on protect him. IT was a poor choice ion teh heat of the moment. But that means you can't continue your anti-police "Police brutality" crusade, so you just declare it police brutality to fit. Only focus on what fits your narrative and ignore the rest that happened afterward which disproves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    The so called "protestors" which are using violence should justbe shoot on the spot to make a clear statement.
    Yeah. The police getting away with literal murder should also be shot on the spot to make a clear statement.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Where exactly did I excuse police brutality? And my hyperbole pales in comparison to the gross exaggerations coming from your lot... A few pages back your fringe leftist loon buddy Elegiac was literally equating the police pepper spraying someone to the military dropping napalm on people in Vietnam...
    When you hold civilians to a higher standard than law enforcement you are excusing police brutality.

But it is quite clear from the "your lot" part of your post that you have taken your side and are now going to defend it regardless of what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you hold civilians to a higher standard than law enforcement you are excusing police brutality.

But it is quite clear from the "your lot" part of your post that you have taken your side and are now going to defend it regardless of what happens.
    Indeed, I'm on the side of people being victimized by rioters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Indeed, I'm on the side of people being victimized by rioters.
    Yep, and only on that side apparently.

Lol and you accuse other people of spinning? I grew up around cops, I know lots of good ones - one of my oldest friends is about to graduate and go to work as a police officer in the town we grew up in. No, all cops are not bad. This is obvious police brutality, it was uncalled for, unnecessary, and their choices after the fact are good, but do not excuse their behavior.
    Oh the "I can't be anti someone because I know one of them" response. There are plenty of anti-police people who know a good cop. You have demonstrated that you are anti-police and that any contact by any police officer is automatically police brutality. You not care about the aftermath that proves it's not police brutality. He knew he was in the wrong. If he and the rest continued to move on down the street without care then you can call it police brutality because that shows malice and lack of care. This was not police brutality. This was a mistake of poor judgement in the heat of the moment.

Do you even know what the heat of the moment mean/ He was trying to push people back and in the process of doing so knocked an elderly man to the ground. When he realized the man was elderly with a cane, he rushed in to help him up on protect him. IT was a poor choice ion teh heat of the moment. But that means you can't continue your anti-police "Police brutality" crusade, so you just declare it police brutality to fit. Only focus on what fits your narrative and ignore the rest that happened afterward which disproves it.
    Heat of the moment means you have some reason to be agitated - they were engaging with a group of people who were walking. They had numerous options for dealing with this which didn't include bashing various people with shields. It's not an exaggeration to say that they go from bashing one elderly man to the next, they literally do that and it's clearly unnecessary. There is no moment in which to be heated except in their minds.

Here's the clip again, since you're confused.

In the heat of the moment, they used police brutality on an old guy with a cane.

Stop trying to fucking excuse it.

If you want to complain about rioters, then you sure as shit better be complaining about this bullshit.