Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yes but you glossed over the fact that they will be suspended until a conviction is made and will have the same penalties as a regular citizen. If they for any reason turn their camera off on purpose they are done.

If this was enforced at the federal level like I said all states would have to comply and if they do not the officers who refuse will be forced to resign.
    Ok, but as we saw with George Floyd, it didn't prevent his murder--that cop looked straight at the camera and didn't flinch. So we have to address the underlying issues rather than just find ways to hold officers accountable for the murders they commit.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Yes but you glossed over the fact that they will be suspended until a conviction is made and will have the same penalties as a regular citizen. If they for any reason turn their camera off on purpose they are done.

If this was enforced at the federal level like I said all states would have to comply and if they do not the officers who refuse will be forced to resign.
    The Louisville cops who shot and killed a man over the weekend all had their cameras off. The police chief was fired, but nothing was done tot the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Yeah, look at all the videos this weekend of unprovoked police attacks. Police looked right at people holding phones to their faces and it didn't stop them. Video might call attention to the issue, but these people are aware that the system is rigged in their favor even when we all know what they did.
    Exactly. I'm all for holding them accountable, but that's for addressing the symptom after the fact, not the cause.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Louisville cops who shot and killed a man over the weekend all had their cameras off. The police chief was fired, but nothing was done tot the cops.
    Ya but that isn't a federal law, they would all be let go and persecuted accordingly under this law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Ok, but as we saw with George Floyd, it didn't prevent his murder--that cop looked straight at the camera and didn't flinch. So we have to address the underlying issues rather than just find ways to hold officers accountable for the murders they commit.
    You have to do both, when officers are fully and always held accountable a lot of that specific issue will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/antifa...dercover-video

Despite the god damned FBI confirming that there is no antifa presence at the protests, Project Veritas, known liars and pieces of shit who suck at their jobs but still manage to fool a bunch of rubes, totally interviewed a real life, actual antifa member to made outrageous claims.

Of course, Fox News picked it up because why wouldn't they? They have no other way of tying actual antifa bogeymen to these events, so just report on some made up shit and call it a day.

Fuck all these people for exploiting this shit to spread lies.
    I mean... you can argue how many there are and what actual effect they but you can't really say groups that call themselves antifa are not antifa...

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Is the Sarcasm really the problem here?

"Police tear gassed a pregnant woman...but what's really hurtful is all the snark"
    What's the appropriate level of snark for discussing police knowingly opening fire with dozens and dozens of pepper balls on a car with a pregnant woman in it, where the driver and passenger had done nothing wrong and were not violating any laws?

Just asking so I can know for the next time this hyper-specific situation comes up, and avoid stepping on any delicate sensibilities.
    I understand the position of moral superiority, but it is getting agravating.
    Report the facts, move on. No need to try for ever longer attempts at sarcastic poetry about bad cops.
    I have read almost all this thread, it is just so fucking tiring and is getting worse.
    Don't think I can put into words what I meant with this, but do try to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean... you can argue how many there are and what actual effect they but you can't really say groups that call themselves antifa are not antifa...
    I'd more readily believe Jacob Wohl and Project Veritas dressed up one of their own people to make up this shit about a "hierarchy" and eye gouging in Antifa, than believe the person he interviewed was really in an actual organized Antifa.

From Project Veritas? The group that tried to send one of their employees to try to sell a false allegation against Roy Moore to WashPo, and were too fucking stupid to realize that their employee they sent actively bragged about being hired by them on social media?

And it's far from the first time they've straight up manufactured or attempted to manufacture controversy?

Nah blood, I ain't playin that game.

Problem with that is anyone can claim to be Antifa. It's an "idea" at this point with no actual leadership or structure.

If I make a video claiming "I'm Antifa and that interview is right-wing propaganda.", would you believe me or what?

From Project Veritas? The group that tried to send one of their employees to try to sell a false allegation against Roy Moore to WashPo, and were too fucking stupid to realize that their employee they sent actively bragged about being hired by them on social media?

And it's far from the first time they've straight up manufactured or attempted to manufacture controversy?

Nah blood, I ain't playin that game.
    I don't know what project veritas is. I meant in general I believe antifa exists.

I don't know what project veritas is. I meant in general I believe antifa exists.
    I'm sure you don't. Ignorance seems to be your greatest argumentative weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watc...ay-84343365581

Protesters are starting to take notes from the Hong Kong protesters, bringing umbrellas to shield from pepper spray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You are not grasping the concept here. More arrests and more batons was what the British tried in the 1950s in India. It is pretty much the direct reason why India is a country now.
    Nitpick : India was already an independent country by the 50s. You mean the 30s/40s.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Nitpick : India was already an independent country by the 50s. You mean the 30s/40s.
    Fair point. Timeline error. That explains why my time machine keeps landing in totally the wrong place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Fair point. Timeline error. That explains why my time machine keeps landing in totally the wrong place.
    I said India... why do I keep landing in Pakistan... fuck it... Take me to Ukraine...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I said India... why do I keep landing in Pakistan... fuck it... Take me to Ukraine...
    I kept hitting some weird place called "East Pakistan". Didn't make any sense, that isn't a real place.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    I think you are going to see a big decrease in police applications in cities and an increase in the suburbs, especially the conservative suburbs.

However, they need to weed out the bad cops NOW before policing becomes illegitimate.

Places like Chicago can't afford to have no police presence.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps99 View Post
    I think you are going to see a big decrease in police applications in cities and an increase in the suburbs, especially the conservative suburbs.

However, they need to weed out the bad cops NOW before policing becomes illegitimate.

Places like Chicago can't afford to have no police presence.
    I mean it appears to be what they want... why not give it to them?

The notion that Americans are, writ large, violence, lawless criminals whose criminal urges are only kept in-check thanks to the "thin blue line" of heroic law enforcement is a weird fuckin myth, and one I will never understand. The whole premise is completely fucking insane.
    No, but it only takes a few bad eggs as the saying goes. Go ahead with zero police at all, see what happens. Soon as those bad eggs realize there’s no enforcement of law...

oh wait it took like a week for the shit show to start
    Last edited by D3thray; 2020-06-04 at 11:35 PM.

Ya but that isn't a federal law, they would all be let go and persecuted accordingly under this law.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to do both, when officers are fully and always held accountable a lot of that specific issue will stop.
    You said your "solution is a complete fix to that specific problem," and we see by the fact that George Floyd was murdered with cameras rolling that cameras do not stop that specific problem. Yes, we need to hold officers accountable for murdering people, that's only in dispute by a few here, but we need to address and correct the issues that make officers think that's a reasonable course of action in the first place. You're talking about better ways to close barn doors after people have been murdered, I'm talking about cops not murdering people in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Fuck no lol, here's my area...
    *cracks knuckles* You really wanna play this game? Aight. Square up and excuse these.

Police in Houston trampling a peaceful protester with a horse.

Police in New York shoving an unarmed woman to the curb and prompting a seizure that put her in the ER.

Police in New York performing an intentional hit-and-run with a car door on an unarmed protester standing in the non vehicular bike lane.

Police in Kentucky shooting a news crew with pepper balls while they were on the air.

Police in Nebraska performing a Tienanmen reenactment by running an SUV into a line of unarmed protesters.

Police in San Jose shooting at an unarmed protester because he got his fee fees hurt over verbal taunts.

Police in Minneapolis wandering around in armed gangs shooting pepper balls at residents standing on their own porches.

Police in Minneapolis shoot and arrest an unarmed reporter who is trying to comply with police orders.

Police in Seattle pepper spray a 10 year old child for sport.

Police in Denver caught on camera pushing a reporter into an open fire.

Police in Ohio pepper spraying an unarmed line of protesters performing a sit-in.

Police in Chicago mace a reporter to stop him from broadcasting.

Police in Los Angeles attack John Cusack for filming.

Police in Dallas shoot an innocent woman in the head with a rubber bullet for sport while she was walking home with her groceries.

Police in Seattle using the same knee-on-neck technique that killed George Floyd.

Police in Minneapolis shoot and tear gas a reporter and his crew while they are on the air.

Police in New York forcibly remove a peaceful protester's mask to mace him in the face.

Police in Kentucky looting and destroying demonstrators' supplies and attempt to stop them from recording the incident.

Police Virginia flash bang, tear gas, and pepper spray a member of the state's House of Delegates.

Police in New York wandering around randomly pepper spraying civilians before spraying mace into people's private residences.

Police in Minneapolis deliberately shoot at a German news crew while they are on the air.

Police in North Carolina attack a medical tent treating injured protesters while they are in full riot gear, beating the doctors and EMS workers and destroying their supplies.

Police sniper on the top of a Hampton inn aiming at peaceful protesters in Maine.

Police in California casually aiming their guns at kids recording them.

Police in Philadelphia pull down the mask of a kneeling protester so he can pepper spray her in the face.

Police in Los Angeles open fire on two men simply having a conversation with each other for sport.

Police in Richmond teargas a crowd of protesters for sport, a full half-hour before curfew.

Police in Philadelphia shooting tear gas down empty streets for sport.

Police in Georgia arrest a photographer on air while the news broadcasts it. They seem to require four full grown men for this task, apparently.

Police in Seattle mace peaceful protesters before indiscriminately firing flash bangs into the crowd.

Police in Seattle shoot a tear gas canister at a news crew while they are doing a report.

And, to finish this brief selection off:

Police in DC gas and shoot at clergy and other demonstrators in Lafayette Square so that Donald Trump can walk to a church for a photo-op.

You're part of the problem, hun. Sit down.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-06-04 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.