Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I'm not blaming anything, I'm saying if there was an alternative way to pay, say 2$ per day, that would make sense for me.
    I guess that also a way, that or pay-for-hours. But 15$ for 30 days so 1$ per day should be fine or even 5$ per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkun View Post
    If the base experience to max level will be made free, people will stay to socialize and show off their achievements,

paying the subscription to run instances is the only real solution to get the most investment possible from everyone who plays the game.

Pay for the MMO, get RPG for free.

Win - Win
    didn't you already say that here.

Quote Originally Posted by R Tic Uno View Post
    Have the game free to play until max level, and require a sub to play for any instance run outside the first one with bots.

Problem solved.

Community is the heart and soul of the game, a subscription preserves the MMO feel, while the RPG aspect can become free to play to lure people in

Win - Win
    And its pretty clear that the owner of the game doesn't agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I'm not blaming anything, I'm saying if there was an alternative way to pay, say 2$ per day, that would make sense for me.
    Move to China... they seem to have a subscription/pay model like that for Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondStar View Post
    I just told you in the first post, you inbred imbecile:

"I'll tell you why: the social aspect. Nothing more, nothing less.

Right this moment: people pay exclusively to be social. Those who don't do not pay a sub right now

They would pay it however from time to time, if they had access to the base game. Because they would see how others progress but not them.

And guess what: this is why WoW is not a single player game which is sold for you only once, but instead requires an ongoing sub to play.

I suggest you get that through your chicken brain "

Without the incentive of seeing other players, of course they do not stick around to even get the chance to try the social aspect.

This is exactly which would change would those players be able to log in.
    You could always buy Blizzard and demand they do what you want, instead stamping your feet and pretending you know more than the owner of the IP.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But "freemium" is not likely to happen to WoW in the foreseeable future. Are you prepared to wait years and years on a fansite dedicated to a game you won't play?
    Yes, my love of WOW was strong, and now my spite for what they did to my boy is equally strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Yes, my love of WOW was strong, and now my spite for what they did to my boy is equally strong.
    But doesn't showing that you'll play it if it is free indicate that you would still enjoy the game as they design it? Which is a little silly if you spite what they have done. Because with Freemium you usually end up paying more then the subscription fee.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why would they pay to socialize?
    Why do they pay to socialize right now? Ask them.

That is what people playing MMOs enjoy I guess?

Having the basic zones and the first instance dungeon and raid bot run for story be free sets them on the right path, and they can start paying to socialize just like they do now, with the added bonus of new people joining in.

How many times do people usually repeat themselves until your troglodyte brain can process the information?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanomon View Post
    Why do they pay to socialize right now? Ask them. That is what people playing MMOs enjoy I guess? Having the basic zones and the first instance dungeon and raid bot run for story be free sets them on the right path, and they can start paying to socialize just like they do now, with the added bonus of new people joining in. How many times do people usually repeat themselves until your troglodyte brain can process the information?
    But if they pay to socialize now why would the want to play for free with bots then have to pay to play with Humans? Why not just skip the bots? If people play MMO's to socialize while they play. Going free and having little group play is counter to what you keep saying an MMO is about.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But if they pay to socialize now why would the want to play for free with bots then have to pay to play with Humans? Why not just skip the bots? If people play MMO's to socialize while they play. Going free and having little group play is counter to what you keep saying an MMO is about.
    How autistic are you? XD

How does running the instance with bots once to experience the story at your own pace, rewarding minimal loot with item levels below normal,

In any way, shape or form compete with the "clear the instance fast" "don't give a shit about story" "grind the instance and kick anyone just because" runs afterwards?

Once you finish a dungeon once you won't run it for the story, you run it for gear and progression - i.e. two completely different reasons.

Players right now pay only to expedience the latter, if the base game is free, players who up to now only cared for running everything once and now they can't log in - surprise, surprise!! - now they can log in, and would pay another month to play with their friends - to socialize.

what kind of an asshat clown are you that you don't get this
    Last edited by SemiAutomatic; 2020-06-06 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SemiAutomatic View Post
    How autistic are you? XD

How does running the instance with bots once to experience the story at your own pace, rewarding minimal loot with item levels below normal,

In any way, shape or form compete with the "clear the instance fast" "don't give a shit about story" "grind the instance and kick anyone just because" runs afterwards?

Once you finish a dungeon once you won't run it for the story, you run it for gear and progression - i.e. two completely different reasons.

Players right now pay only to expedience the latter, if the base game is free, players who up to now only cared for running everything once and now they can't log in - surprise, surprise!! - now they can log in, and would pay another month to play with their friends - to socialize.

what kind of an asshat clown are you that you don't get this
    You do realize that no matter how many accounts you make that Blizzard still disagrees with you, or they'd actually be doing it.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You do realize that no matter how many accounts you make that Blizzard still disagrees with you, or they'd actually be doing it.
    It's not that they disagree with me, it's more like nobody told them yet how to do it right.

Idiots like you certainly help to propel this thread upwards though

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuro View Post
    It's not that they disagree with me, it's more like nobody told them yet how to do it right.

Yeah im sure a multimillion(billion?) company like ActiBlizz dont have people looking at how to make most profit out of theyre games.

They have kept going with the same formula for over 15 years. They have survived and endured the years when MMORPGs where the "goto" genre(like Battleroyal is today) with numerous MMOs going for payshops, F2P systems that all more or less failed. Non of the MMOs that are still going can show for the same income that wow has for Blizzard and certainly not the same hype each time a new xpac launches. Still to this day, after 15 years, people get excited for a wow xpac. Even people that dont play it comes back and try it out again. Just look at the sales figures for BfA, I think it even broke records. That pretty wild when thinking how much hate the game gets on a daily basis on forums like this.

What you want are free access to AAA MMORPGs. You dont want to spend any money on any product, you want to experience the game without giving anything back. You also probably know that most MMORPGs out there are shite compared to wow and you hate that.

And in the end, if you cant be bothered spending money on a product, its your own free choice not to do so. No one forces you to spend any money on Blizzard products.

Fact is, the sub works just fine and it will stick around for a long time. Especially now that blizzard got retail+classic and probably TBC in a year or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although some would argue this has happened already...

...I think if you remove the subscription fee for WoW then the quality of the game will drastically go down. There is a reason why WoW is still more-or-less viewed as the top dog of the MMORPG genre, both pay to play and free to play, and a part of that is the subscription fee that allows more resources for Blizzard to develop (or maintain) the game.

Or you could say you are "paying for a premium product" versus not paying for more generic one.

But different strokes for different folks when it comes to comparing/contrasting it to Final Fantasy or RuneScape or whatever else that may be pay to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokuro View Post

I'm certain you are the child for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    One would think theyd stick to one model of payment for their product.

Instead they have 4.

1. You pay for the game
    2. you pay for access to the game on a monthly basis.
    3. you pay for cosmetics
    4. you pay for ingame services like swapping server or altering your characters gender etc.

Makes me wonder if Bezos designed their mdoel of payment...
    Of course it's true, but on the other hand if we compare to for example GW2, after buy game i have to pay for additional bag, for additional characters slots, for story chapters. They have a lot cosmetic etc. In WoW i have access to 99% content, it's +/- ofcours but additional i paying for changing realms/names/conflict sides transfer some mounts/some pets. Someone if bored could count what it's more profitable buying whole content from shop or every mount payment. And you have to remember both games are not playable after new expansion without additional money.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm certain you are the right man for the job.
    you almost got it right, so I corrected it for you.

thanks for bumping the thread, kid

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Have you ever think if the subscription model just gone away?

It's a old system, new MMOs don't need this mercenary model.
    ... and thats why two of the most successful mmorpgs (WoW and FFXIV) used this model?

I dont mind the subscription model but wow tokens have turned a once beautiful trade chat into ' ICECROWN SELLING MYTHIC 15 ARMOUR STACK FREE WITH 2 PURCHASES' GALLYWIX IS NOW RUNNING HC NZOTH EVERY 2 HOURS 175k! WTS 5 MASK RUN 125k CHEAPEAST ON REALM!
    As soon as you give gold a real world value that becomes OK to purchase, you get these cretins spamming chat. Honestly miss proper trade chat, people linking proffs or trying to sell certain items.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Would it? I don't think ESO Online has huge shop.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    I dont mind the subscription model but wow tokens have turned a once beautiful trade chat into ' ICECROWN SELLING MYTHIC 15 ARMOUR STACK FREE WITH 2 PURCHASES' GALLYWIX IS NOW RUNNING HC NZOTH EVERY 2 HOURS 175k! WTS 5 MASK RUN 125k CHEAPEAST ON REALM!
    As soon as you give gold a real world value that becomes OK to purchase, you get these cretins spamming chat. Honestly miss proper trade chat, people linking proffs or trying to sell certain items.
    Oh sweet summer child, I don't know on which private server have you been playing till now, but wowtoken did not change anything except now boost can be bought with gold. Trade chat always looked like this. Previously it was more RMT spam so I guess it's a good change for average player.

--- snip ---

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Trading time and effort for gold is still trading.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-06 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topics

Well as someone who plays SWTOR and Neverwinter I can tell you F2P isn't that great. While its free so much of it is locked behind a subscription or cash shop that you are getting the bare minimum of a game with very little reward. SWTOR just had a "new xpac" for the first time in years. All of Neverwinters best rewards are locked in chest that as far as I know can only be accessed from keys that must be bought from "Zen" in the cash shop. I used to play GW2 but when I tried downloading it again there is some weird glitch that's going on that I can't even access it. So while I "pay" for WoW... which I haven't for the last 6 months with WoW Tokens, I get a new expansion every few years, multiple patches per expansion, nothing is locked behind the cash shop other than some vanity stuff and random non-essentials. So sorry but I'd rather pay a subscription and have access to everything depending on the effort and skill I put into it than some F2P where 70% of the game is locked behind a subscription or cash shop