Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I concur. Corruptions are stupid. I think very few have any issues with how they work, but I think a decent chunk of the population hate how they're obtained. I personally wasn't a fan of WF/TF because it ruined getting upgrades. It was never enough to have your piece of loot drop, you were always hoping for that WF/TF/Socket proc and if it didn't happen, getting the piece of loot meant little to nothing. That's exactly how it feels with corruption and it's worse since there's more variations. When it comes to gear progression, the only RNG that should play a role is whether or not the piece drops, that's it. Adding layer upon layer upon layer only hurts the game and makes it feel unrewarding. It's like playing a slot machine that gives a bonus often, but the bonus never hits or gives much. I would rather take the slot machine that doesn't hit the bonus often, but when it does, it pays out. WoW is like the previous example because getting your 460 piece to drop or your 475 piece to drop isn't enough. It has to have that right corruption or else it's not BiS. I miss the days where you'd kill a raid boss and it either dropped your BiS or it didn't.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    I was talking about the hentai catagory but ok
    Well that just makes your statement even more false.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I've been playing Classic since launch. Came back to Retail a month or so ago to catch up and see what's going on. Got my first piece of corrupted gear, and whatnot. Spent the rest of the night reading about what the hell this is, what the cloak is about, what these stupid things are in Uldum, and what I need to do, etc... before I realized, this is why Retail is such fucking garbage. I ended up tabbing out and reading about this bullshit Corruption system that night more than actually playing the game.

This is why Classic is so popular. You just play. There isn't bullshit. Simple.
    im on the same boat, but alas the retarded sheep just have to keep running the hamster wheel and condoning blizz to keep fucking the player base over. its nice to see they dont fool themselves with expanding their player/payer base and just keep regurgitating the same weak shit every 2-3 years.

thank god for classic and my sister whose retail tokens allow me to play without supporting that shitty company.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

people wanted less rng, now you can literaly work for upgrade instead of waiting for rng and people still whine bcs its not instant and without work...
    This is a poor argument. Corruptions on items is still RNG and the preserved contaminants, you need to wait potentially weeks for the one you need to appear, so people are still waiting, now instead of RNG making you wait it is this contrived system. The "without work" makes no sense, you still need to put in work to get the echoes, you appear to be equating being annoyed at a contrived system that makes you wait, potentially for weeks, for no real reason with wanting free things just handed to you, a total non sequitur.

Heck I had to sit with a certain item in my bags for weeks before I could use it, waiting on a specific corruption(s) to appear with the vendor. If I had used it when it dropped, I would have lost the corruption effect on the item already in that slot, so whilst an ilvl boost, I would have lost DPS. If the vendor had all of the preserved contaminants already in stock, I wouldn't have had to sit on the item for a few weeks.

Granted this doesn't happen with all items, but a system that allows for this is flawed. I won't go as far as others and say it has no value, for me it is more of a half arsed solution, but one with merits. That it does create this situation is still a problem. Given how important corruption is for your performance in a group, those who say "well don't use them, you don't need to" miss the point, if you want to be competitive you absolutely must. I won't agree with people who want it removed from the game entirely, whilst I have some issues with corruptions, RNG can screw you big time, overall I probably rather like them. For me the problem is making people wait for the right one to appear in the vendor. I think you could appease a large number of critics just by removing this pointless barrier.

Forcing people to wait weeks before an item can be usable is...can someone actually explain to me why this makes the game better? What is the point? Why is it bad for the game to put all of them on the vendor, so you can farm out the echoes you need and once you have them go and get the item you need? Why is it better to farm them, maybe when you are farming the echoes the item comes up, you don't have enough and miss it, so need to wait weeks more? Making people wait weeks to get the item isn't making people work for the item, the work happens in acquiring the currency, if you have the currency then making people wait is making people wait for the sake of it, no additional effort is required, you did the hard bit, but still must wait for the reward. I remember back in WotLK when you had the points earned in dungeons (justice? valor? I can't actually remember), point was when you got enough you just went to the vendor and got what you needed, the vendor didn't say "oh, come back in 3 weeks, because reasons".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    The "without work" makes no sense,
    thats bcs you dont read properly, i said people whine bcs its NOT without work...

i mean i cant and wont defend the vendor "rotation" as that is just stupid, but that is really only issue i have with the system right now

Quote Originally Posted by Khosumi View Post
    Nobody can make me like this garbage system. It's trash, always been trash and always will be. Borrowed powers are a cancer over this game, what happened to your character being the source of your powers, not this stupid fucking helmet that once the xpac finished all of your extra effects suddenly vanishes as if your character has some sort of Alzheimer.

Drop a weapon today, it's better than my current one by 2k ONLY if I get expedient WHICH ISN'T ON SALE RIGHT NOW and who god damn knows when it'll be, blizzard's making sure we get as much fun as possible from their terrible systems.

edit: I have been informed that corruption vendor is on a set schedule. While it does alleviate some of my issues, it still does not fix the issue at all as you'd still need to wait before the next set rotation would come around. I still see this as a major flaw, but it's something.
    Might as well get rid of gear too then. That is the most basic borrowed power that has been in the game since the start. Your character is only as strong as your gear and your gear is only as strong as the current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    thats bcs you dont read properly, i said people whine bcs its NOT without work...
    Therefore with work. Just because I missed the "not" in my quote doesn't change the content of my critique of your claim, it is still the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    oh so you enjoy being reset every expansion and not feeling attached or proud of the power you've obtained for your character?

might as well just get rid of the subtitles for each expansion and call it "World of Warcraft: Season X"
    It's better than the alternative.

Nobody can make me like this garbage system. It's trash, always been trash and always will be. Borrowed powers are a cancer over this game, what happened to your character being the source of your powers, not this stupid fucking helmet that once the xpac finished all of your extra effects suddenly vanishes as if your character has some sort of Alzheimer.

Drop a weapon today, it's better than my current one by 2k ONLY if I get expedient WHICH ISN'T ON SALE RIGHT NOW and who god damn knows when it'll be, blizzard's making sure we get as much fun as possible from their terrible systems.

edit: I have been informed that corruption vendor is on a set schedule. While it does alleviate some of my issues, it still does not fix the issue at all as you'd still need to wait before the next set rotation would come around. I still see this as a major flaw, but it's something.
    Can I ask what is the point in this thread?
    As you state that nobody can change your mind over this and as hostilily as this written it doesn't change other peoples mind and leaves only verbal fight as people react to this.

Why would i quit the game over one system that's going away next expansion? That's straight stupid.
    Why spend so much time and effort complaining about a system that won't return, at the ass end of an expansion?

How do threads like this reach this many pages so quickly? Are people really this fucking bored that the only thing they can think to do is commiserate with each other about a fucking system that won't fucking matter in as little as six months?

Great feedback bro, I'm sure Kotick has his best man on the job now!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Guess "borrowed/rental power" is the new intelligence-free buzzphrase.

We Always borrowed power via gear.
    -BuT iN mUhNilLa...

Well, have fun never growing your power beyond a certain point on Classic servers then.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Or, here's a thought, maybe Blizz takes in the feedback if enough people point out the issue, and then improvements can be made.

Legion was at least a decent expansion, but everyone that only came after BfA was released would never know it because they removed most of the interesting parts of that expansion.

Sorry if this goes against your black and white (all or nothing) philosophy.
    Or, here is a thought, there are hundreds of threads already complaining about this. If no one tells people like the OP to start replying to threads that already exist about this issue, we will eventually be flooded with the same thread x6 times on the front page you genius.

Sorry if this goes against your ''I am a smartass'' philosophy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    This forum isn't a white knight safe space. People come here to discuss the game. If they like or dislike aspects of it, who are you to tell them it's stupid to do so?

You can disagree with him but telling him his opinions don't have a place here is outright delusion on your part.
    I mean if you'd read the reply you replied to, you'd hopefully understand that I don't mind the feedback, I mind that we got 100 threads for the exact same problem, and then the OP thinks his issue is worth the addition of the 101th thread. But good job.

Borrowed power is here to stay unless someone can find a better solution to everyone wanting new and shiny things every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Borrowed power is here to stay unless someone can find a better solution to everyone wanting new and shiny things every expansion.
    Oh I don't know, how about another talent row or two?

I will never understand the "borrowed power" argument

You do know not even talents are permanent? They can change every expansion?
    So a changed talent was also a borrowed power?

Dude...is 2 years. 2 entire years of your life with a set of "borrowed powers"

Do you think 2 years of your life mean "nothing"? How crazy is that bro?

7+ Year Old Account
    Borrowed powers really are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Or, here is a thought, there are hundreds of threads already complaining about this. If no one tells people like the OP to start replying to threads that already exist about this issue, we will eventually be flooded with the same thread x6 times on the front page you genius.

Sorry if this goes against your ''I am a smartass'' philosophy.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if you'd read the reply you replied to, you'd hopefully understand that I don't mind the feedback, I mind that we got 100 threads for the exact same problem, and then the OP thinks his issue is worth the addition of the 101th thread. But good job.
    You're free to ignore him just as much as he's free to make a discussion thread. If you have nothing to offer besides petty contempt then I advise you to grow thicker skin.

You can also PM a mod so he can consider merging threads.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-06-06 at 09:46 PM.

You want that each expansion? This is what lead to the ability bloat in the first place. This is what they are trying to avoid.