View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So it doesn't trouble you that according to a CDC study from 2010 1 in 6 Americans gets food poisoning every year?
    Where there's blame there's a claim culture got anything to do with it you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Where there's blame there's a claim culture got anything to do with it you think?
    Nah, just America's shitty food standard laws. Which I live under, as an American citizen.

So it's hilarious to me that you poms think you're getting a better deal through American food and quality control standards. Top fucking kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, unless you are able to present a myriad of lawsuits each year which would have me question the profitability of these companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'd still almost halve the temperature and triple his suggested hour long cooking time for a more tender experience. His roast beef must be as chewy as old shoe leather...

However this remain led scurrilous fear mongering over low quality imported US food as a result of Brexit is just another misnomer. Like everything they say.

The US is ranked 4th in the world for food safety and quality with every other EU nation except Ireland ranked lower.

https://foodsecurityindex.eiu.com/Co...nited%20States

There are no concerns Brexit will force people in the UK to eat rancid chicken and if anything US imports will raise the quality of food consumed in the UK, a direct benefit of Brexit. Next...
    The only thing you got right was that the US is ranked fourth in the world in the "Quality and Safety" category. Ireland is ranked seventh in that category and thus lower of the US. However, Finland and Sweden, which of course are EU countries, are ranked higher at spots one and three.

More importantly, if you look at the food safety subscore, which I'd say is the most important one for the topic at hand, all but two of the EU countries in that list rank ahead of the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No, unless you are able to present a myriad of lawsuits each year which would have me question the profitability of these companies.
    You are making it sound like American food is trash, it is not.

Name a single EU franchise that has made it big in the US, I can't think of one. Meanwhile in an EU town near you another Mcdonalds, KFC, Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, Domino's, and many more I forget are opening soon by the bargain bucketload.

Eurochums can't get enough of safe, solid, wholesome, quality American grub. A benefit of Brexit is the UK will have easier access to more of these brands and foodstuffs.

Case closed.

we are arguing here about the differences between deals with America and the EU.

but tbh when you look below the politics and what the economic noise is, its more likely the UK will be doing its biggest deals and fostering closest relation with China.

its already the case that for all the noise the politicians make around the "speshul relationship" between the UK and the USA. we are actualy much more interesting in courting china and Chinese investment, its China at the end of the day that's building the UK a new nuclear power station.

maybe the joke should be post Brexit the UK is the 24th Chinese province, rather than the 51st state.

15+ Year Old Account
    The American above disagrees with you, but what does he know, right?

Name a single EU franchise that has made it big in the US, I can't think of one. Meanwhile in an EU town near you another Mcdonalds, KFC, Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, Domino's, and many more I forget are opening soon by the bargain bucketload.

Eurochums can't get enough of safe, solid, wholesome, quality American grub. A benefit of Brexit is the UK will have easier access to more of these brands and foodstuffs.

Case closed.
    The American franchises around here advertise with slogans like "meat from Austria" and so on. Yeah, even the American franchises don't want to associate themselves with American food.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    American citizen here; yes, it is. American food is cheap, it is overly processed, it is lacking in flavor and compensates with too much salt and/or sugar, and it has questionable safety standards for produce and meat.

So I can see why a lot of older people in the UK are gung ho about it, but no.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, fuck, even a lot of the cheaper franchises in my area advertise using imported ingredients from Europe or Asia. Not even in America are they proud of mainstream American produce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    we are arguing here about the differences between deals with America and the EU.

but tbh when you look below the politics and what the economic noise is, its more likely the UK will be doing its biggest deals and fostering closest relation with China.

its already the case that for all the noise the politicians make around the "speshul relationship" between the UK and the USA. we are actualy much more interesting in courting china and Chinese investment, its China at the end of the day that's building the UK a new nuclear power station.

maybe the joke should be post Brexit the UK is the 24th Chinese province, rather than the 51st state.
    Well to be fair I also think we should be looking at revising the policy the UK government has of mandating that all English citizens take a pill on their 40th birthday that makes them a TERF and somehow racist against Polish people. /s
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    American citizen here; yes, it is. American food is cheap, it is overly processed, it is lacking in flavor and compensates with too much salt and/or sugar, and it has questionable safety standards for produce and meat.

So I can see why a lot of older people in the UK are gung ho about it, but no.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, fuck, even a lot of the cheaper franchises in my area advertise using imported ingredients from Europe or Asia. Not even in America are they proud of mainstream American produce.

- - - Updated - - -

Well to be fair I also think we should be looking at revising the policy the UK government has of mandating that all English citizens take a pill on their 40th birthday that makes them a TERF and somehow racist against Polish people. /s
    ahhh yes the anti polish & anti trans vaccine.

ive been told it leaves a worse scare than my TB jab did, one that ruins right through my soul and leaves a permanent scowl on my face, prevents me for gaining an pleasure other than by drinking real ale at weather spoons.

Case closed.
    Did you seriously use American junk food as an example? Whelp, guess what, brits also can't get enough of it. Almost no one can, but then again, there are shitload of more or less popular local franchises across Europe. Hesburger in Finland and Baltics, for example. It actually successfully competes with McDonald, imagine that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account

Case closed.
    I'm getting a whiplash from the posts Dribbs is making on here.

Going from calling the cooking of Jamie Oliver bad akin to eating leather, to holding fast food up as "quality grub"?

Make up your mind, will you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

Going from calling the cooking of Jamie Oliver bad akin to eating leather, to holding fast food up as "quality grub"?

I mean it does explain the eating habits of people over middle age in England, honestly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Did you seriously use American junk food as an example? Whelp, guess what, brits also can't get enough of it. Almost no one can, but then again, there are shitload of more or less popular local franchises across Europe. Hesburger in Finland and Baltics, for example. It actually successfully competes with McDonald, imagine that.
    I think you are underestimating the significance of Ronald's place, amongst others in filling the EU culinary void. Fun fact, he even taught those supposed French masters of cuisine how to cook and that minced beef tastes better cooked and not just thrown on a plate raw, almost still mooing at you, with an egg on top.

How does that Hellsburger from Finland do in Texas or Vietnam say? Can you get it there or is it something I'm more likely to get from my local burger van on a wednesday? Give me a Ronald McDonald Big Mac special from America, and the world agrees, anytime.

Brexit is about being a part of that global world, not banning competition from it under false scaredy-cat pretences for no reason as the EU does in favour of a burger from hell.

I think you are underestimating the significance of Ronald's place, amongst others in filling the EU culinary void. Fun fact, he even taught those supposed French masters of cuisine how to cook and that minced beef tastes better cooked and not just thrown on a plate raw, almost still mooing at you, with an egg on top.

How does that Hellsburger from Finland do in Texas or Vietnam say? Can you get it there or is it something I'm more likely to get from my local burger van on a wednesday? Give me a Ronald McDonald Big Mac special from America, and the world agrees, anytime.

Brexit is about being a part of that global world, not banning competition from it under false scaredy-cat pretences for no reason as the EU does in favour of a burger from hell.
    Please excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall while you miss everything I said.
    Then again, it is clear you chose to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Case closed.
    Your praising US fast food now? a country where 40%? is obese?

Why has no EU franchise made it big? Because American's eat so much stuff full of way to much salt and stupid stuff like high fructose corn syrup from a young age that they can't eat anything else.
    Even something as basic as bread is stuffed full of artificial sweeteners your eating more of a pastry then bread.

None of those big US franchises selling in the EU are selling 'quality American grub' because you can't get the American stuff past our food regulations.

Once again your thinking you score points only to show how clueless you are.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Culinary void? France has some nice food, germany too, italy and spain... only culinary void I know is Netherlands... *vomits with the thought of another round of stamppot*

And American quality food? Say what? Deep fry sugar coated mars bars, bake bacon, minced meat, onions and some more bacon.. is that even considered quality food?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I thought Brexit was a protest against the globalization the EU actively takes part in?
    I thought it was taking back control of their borders, money and sovereignty and save the NHS. Apparently his plan is to then keep the one physical border as it is, to lose the money saved by making trade harder, and to give the sovereignty and the NHS to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Deep fry sugar coated mars bars
    I thought it was just the Scottish who deep-fried their Mars Bars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Your praising US fast food now? a country where 40%? is obese?

Why has no EU franchise made it big? Because American's eat so much stuff full of way to much salt and stupid stuff like high fructose corn syrup from a young age that they can't eat anything else.
    Even something as basic as bread is stuffed full of artificial sweeteners your eating more of a pastry then bread.

None of those big US franchises selling in the EU are selling 'quality American grub' because you can't get the American stuff past our food regulations.

Once again your thinking you score points only to show how clueless you are.
    I think that proves my point. If the food was awful they wouldn't eat so much of it would they? The reason people in the EU are skinny minnies is because the food is inedible rubbish because of all the needless EU regulation imposed on it.

I mean on a packet of peanuts, "this product may contain nuts" well you don't say, but stupid EU regulatory case in point whose taxpayers pay for such needless claptrap? Not the UK anymore.

Bring on the tasty stuff, cheap bent bananas, chlorine and all, from January when we are truly sovereign and free!

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

Dribbles pov has been flip flopping since day 1. Things he was for before he's suddenly against and things he was against before he's suddenly for depending on which pro brexit sob he's sucking off next.