Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, throwing in a few dungeons from previous expansions as a M+ dungeon would be fantastic. They can either retool the dungeons to make the story fit within the confines of the current expansion, or just literally have it be a blast to the past and make zero sense as to why we're doing it. I think retooling the dungeon somewhat to make it fit the theme of the expansion would be the best though.

Assets, loot and overall dungeon design is already done. All these dungeons would really need it a pass over balance wise and 'lore' reasons as to why we're there again. Speaking honestly, most dungeons prior to WoTLK would need massive overhauls and require a lot of work to fit with how dungeons are designed these days. A lot of Vanilla/TBC are far too simplistic in design, with most bosses and dungeon trashes main 'difficulty being 'hurr durr, I hit hard and apply random disarms, mortal strikes and miscellaneous CC'. WoTLK had easy dungeons but a lot of the bosses actually had mechanics, meaning that all that would need to be done is tuning.

I had this idea like a year ago

in short:

Only dungeons that can fit M+
    Separate key
    Worse rewards (lets say 450-455 so minus 10 or 15 from normal M+ level) but some cosmetic/pet rewards and achievement.
    No weekly chest from this.

And there you go, recycled old content that is absolutely optional.

5+ Year Old Account
    Grimrail Depot Mythic + please

make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    Let me start this by saying that Im not necessarily suggesting it should become available, I am just wondering what you guys think.

However.

1) What dungeons from any time period before M+ was a thing do you think would transition well into M+?
    2) Which do you think would be cancer?

The first thing that comes to mind for me is Shadow Labs or Shattered Halls
    I'd love to see Mythic+ versions of dungeons available during timewalking weeks That would be really awesome. Imagine getting a 465 version of an old item.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Any of the wings in Auchindoun, Burning Crusade. I vaguely remember them being painful as a 13yr old kid.
    oh gosh. and shattered halls...

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I had this idea like a year ago

in short:

Only dungeons that can fit M+
    Separate key
    Worse rewards (lets say 450-455 so minus 10 or 15 from normal M+ level) but some cosmetic/pet rewards and achievement.
    No weekly chest from this.

And there you go, recycled old content that is absolutely optional.
    sadly, we live in a world where content that doesnt give tangible rewards are pretty much wasted. optional most of the time means useless.

Would love wotlk or TBC. I know these dungeons like the back of my hand - I have maybe done some BFA instances only 3-4 times...So my "know-how" sucks to do mythic+ with....But put me in old dungeons...Im a damn space ninja.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's likely at all that older dungeons would be reworked into m+ unless they specifically tied into the new lore in SL. But as older dungeons stand right now, I don't think they'll ever be turned into m+. There's just too much to balancing and restructuring in order to convert them into m+. It's not as easy as scaling the mobs health and adding a timer, there's WAY more to it than that. You have to focus on the way mobs are laid out and how certain affixes would work. That's just scratching the service of things that would need to be considered. I think what's more likely and even then still very unlikely in the big scheme of things, is if they re-opened Legion m+ since they're already tuned/laid out for the m+ system.

Besides, we don't really need to rehash old content at this point. When there's a new expansion, there's different groups of players. Most players engage in the new content because it's new and then there's others who go back and solo content from 2 expansions go whether it's for mounts, achievements or transmogs. To keep the world alive and to make sure we're all playing together (somewhat), we have to keep the current content relevant. That's why I shake my head when people bring up the idea of scaling the health of mobs/bosses from older expansions and making it so people can get gear from other sources. The main issue with that mindset is that there's just too much content and you'd end up dividing the community even further. Regardless of how the current expansion is perceived, it's better that the average player remains focused on the current expansion content rather than focusing on legacy content. Again, I'm not talking about legacy content when it comes to achievement, mount, and transmog hunting, I'm talking about reviving old content for the sake of having alternative options to obtain relevant ilvl gear.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    sadly, we live in a world where content that doesnt give tangible rewards are pretty much wasted. optional most of the time means useless.
    Oh don't worry, it would get it's fans anyways, like all achievement runs. Slap some recolor of mount and you will get groups there.
    And it would still be a way to earn gear since most older dungeons are just easier mechanically.

Blackrock Depths. Imagine that in M+. It would be something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.