3+ Year Old Account

Idea: All Hunters Can Tame Exotic Creatures....

But only Beast Masters will be able to use their exotic abilities. I suggest this because I want to have Haiti but I also want to be a Survival Hunter.

I know, most people won't like this idea. I just prefer to play a medium armor melee pet class.
    Last edited by Wylyth1992; 2020-06-09 at 08:10 PM.

As cool as this idea is and I just don't ever see blizz allowing it. Abilities aside the appearance of a exotic pet is defining for BM hunters, you can instantly tell who the BM hunter is when you see the spirit beast, Hati, etc... That being said I do like the idea and I do think turning off exotic abilities would make it fair but I don't think it will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    As cool as this idea is and I just don't ever see blizz allowing it. Abilities aside the appearance of a exotic pet is defining for BM hunters, you can instantly tell who the BM hunter is when you see the spirit beast, Hati, etc... That being said I do like the idea and I do think turning off exotic abilities would make it fair but I don't think it will ever happen.
    Personally I don't care that Spirit Beasts are BM only, and I think it's good that BM has something that makes it unique compared to both MM or SV... besides having 1/4 the buttons. What I don't like is how Blizzard turns all the interesting and unique pets into Spirit Beasts.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    I kinda agree, but if they made the two pets baseline, that could sorta replace the “iconic” situation?

It would be nice for all specs to have access to Hati at least, even if it wasn't all Exotics. But it can be pretty infuriating in general to come across a really cool looking creature and for your tame beast to fizzle just because it's "exotic". Dinos like Devilsaur or Spirit Beasts being exclusive is cool and obviously pretty thematic, but a lot of the other exotic families seem kind of arbitrary. I guess the two beasts for BM is plenty iconic on its own. Unholy DKs have perma ghoul and skulker with the talent and no one seems to take issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I kinda agree, but if they made the two pets baseline, that could sorta replace the “iconic” situation?
    I like this idea. Though I wonder if it would piss of the BM hunters though? Even if they where to allow MM and SV to use a "plain" version of Hati, devilsaur etc... with a muted look and no exotic/special abilities, I would wager that still may annoy the BM hunters.

this is like saying "all warlocks should be able to use felguard, but only demo can use legion strike and felstorm"

3+ Year Old Account
    I think they should at least allow you to get a version of Hati that is classified as a Wolf instead of a Spirit Beast.

Also, another addition to this idea is that ALL pet races will have an exotic ability that Beast Masters can use.

Hati is BM specific so no

Also it's giga lame they removed all the pet uniqueness BRING IT BACK

I'd prefer it if they made it so that we train our pets, each pet, in X abilities. I'm so over using Spirit Beasts for the heal.
    As for Exotic Beasts to all, no. They're part and parcel of BM, but with us as players training our pets, they could add a heal to non-Spirit Beasts as well.