Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't predict a very long life for this thread, and I don't think this is to place to talk too much about whether things are "back to normal". They're not. And that's all I'll say on it. But while it's open, I guess...

I think the idea that Blizzard delayed their stream because they weren't ready for it, and used current world issues to try and excuse it is just dumb. Nothing about Alpha coverage or development so far has given any indication that Blizzard is at all "behind" on development, whatever that's supposed to mean, or were not ready to talk about or showcase whatever they were planning on talking about or showcasing today.

True, they haven't publically announced a new date for their reveal stream just yet. If they don't announce a new date by today, that would be odd. But what I think is that Blizzard legitimately believed that having the stream now would attract less attention to their product than it would if they'd had it later. There's no point in trying to speak up while sirens are blaring. It only makes sense that Blizzard would decide that maybe they should wait for people to get used to the noise a little first, like other companies have.

I honestly do not care what Blizzard Entertainment's stance is on BLM, and I don't expect them to care beyond how they think it will affect them as a business. I don't think they're really that interested in pointing your attention in that direction. Is that reprehensible? No, not necessarily.

People are really mad the event today isn't happening like anything of any substance was gonna be shown anyway.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Donating money to organizations would be a good step
    Tbf, in a cause like this the money would be used to spread the word.
    With a corporations size of Blizzard spreading the word, it's better than money can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    You don't *have to* listen, but it might help understand where people are coming from (under the boot of the police state)
    Just don't use the Internet, TV or radio, bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Disney pledged 5 million to social justice nonprofits, and nobody cares/is suddenly a fan of Disney now. If a corporation is already disliked there's nothing they can do turn around peoples perceptions of them.
    And truth be told, even if Blizzard or Activision did pledge monetary support, people will still state that they're just:

- Virtue Signaling
    - It isn't enough
    - Stay out of politics, focus on vidya games
    - Why announce it?
    - Why should I care?

Corporations in general have an image problem and I get it, but truthfully, those complaining now over a simple gesture of solidarity will still find a means to huff and puff. Bottom line is that some people are just shitty and selfish, no action will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I honestly do not care what Blizzard Entertainment's stance is on BLM, and I don't expect them to care beyond how they think it will affect them as a business. I don't think they're really that interested in pointing your attention in that direction. Is that reprehensible? No, not necessarily.
    It's just people trying to "get" Blizzard. That's all it is. Maybe half is younger people/maturing people that realize that people don't really mean what they say all the time, or that there are underlying meanings to the things people say (in which case congratulations you're growing up) but the other half is just desperately looking for a way to punch Blizz in the gut 24/7.

who cares. Its not reason to be controversial about it and raise any waves.
    So they cancelled...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    And truth be told, even if Blizzard or Activision did pledge monetary support, people will still state that they're just:

- Virtue Signaling
    - It isn't enough
    - Stay out of politics, focus on vidya games
    - Why announce it?
    - Why should I care?

Corporations in general have an image problem and I get it, but truthfully, those complaining now over a simple gesture of solidarity will still find a means to huff and puff. Bottom line is that some people are just shitty and selfish, no action will change that.
    Blizzard could donate 10 billion to BLM and people would cry about Blitzchung still. Better to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Take off the tinfoil hat and step outside. There are more important things happening in the world atm than flailing over the delay of information about a WoW expansion.

Edit: having re-read the brick of nonsense that is your post, I've decided that any attempt to reply sensibly is a colossal waste of time.

I have to disagree with you... This is just the same shit that happens like every 50 years... give me my wow, I don’t care about other people’s lives..

I care only about my own.

Just like they don’t care about my life, they care about their own.

No lives matter, only our own.

If you had a gun pointed to your head and you had to choose between my life and yours.. your life would matter more because you believe it to be so..

Stop being a fucking sheep

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I don't predict a very long life for this thread, and I don't think this is to place to talk too much about whether things are "back to normal". They're not. And that's all I'll say on it. But while it's open, I guess...

I think the idea that Blizzard delayed their stream because they weren't ready for it, and used current world issues to try and excuse it is just dumb. Nothing about Alpha coverage or development so far has given any indication that Blizzard is at all "behind" on development, whatever that's supposed to mean, or were not ready to talk about or showcase whatever they were planning on talking about or showcasing today.

True, they haven't publically announced a new date for their reveal stream just yet. If they don't announce a new date by today, that would be odd. But what I think is that Blizzard legitimately believed that having the stream now would attract less attention to their product than it would if they'd had it later. There's no point in trying to speak up while sirens are blaring. It only makes sense that Blizzard would decide that maybe they should wait for people to get used to the noise a little first, like other companies have.

This does make the most sense to me. They are a business and have always acted as such. They are going to make decisions based on what is good for business, whether they do or don't believe in the cause, whether they will or won't get recognition for their announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I'm legit interested what a corporation could do to support this instead of using its voice it make the cause heard.
    Posting inspirational quotes on twitter has about as much value as liking something on facebook. All it does is make you look like a pretentious virtue-signaling prick.

Do something that actually makes a difference or shut the fuck up. It is that easy. Donate some of the billions Bobby Kotick makes every other day for example. If that's too much to ask then just shut the fuck up and keep making games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Just don't use the Internet, TV or radio, bro.
    It's ironic because you're being sarcastically facetious, but you're the one who's being ambivalent. This is such a weird, /r/SelfAwareWolves moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Blizzard could donate 10 billion to BLM and people would cry about Blitzchung still. Better to do nothing.
    Which is funny because, yeah, I too was angry about the Blitzchung situation. Nevertheless, let's make Blizzard a person for a second. So this person acted shitty and handled a situation with terribly and we're all disappointed with our friend Blizzard. Now another situation arises where our friend could either double-down and repeat their past behavior, or they show they've grown and changed and are making amends for their past behavior. Instead of saying, "okay, seems like our friend has done some growing, #respect", instead we're reprimanding them and playing 'whataboutism' with their intentions and questioning their motives with little facts. There's no winning.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    I have to disagree with you... This is just the same shit that happens like every 50 years... give me my wow, I don’t care about other people’s lives..

If you had a gun pointed to your head and you had to choose between my life and yours.. your life would matter more because you believe it to be so..

So I take it you live in a forest with no human contact, living off the land, providing your own food and water, home built on your own, internet and infrastructure build by your own hands and supplying for yourself in practically every way possible. You don't? Ah, so you too live off the cumulative effort and work of your fellow man honed by a civilized society working off the fundamental idea that we all work together to better prosper as a species? So maybe it would behoove you to give a shit once in a while for your fellow man you self-centered diva. The irony in your username lol, but I'm gonna assume it's just an inside joke to yourself.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2020-06-09 at 03:11 PM.

I didnt understand the cancellation in the first place, its not like their presentation would take focus away from the shit thats going on in the US(that most of the rest of the civilized world can only shake their head at).

Its odd that they havent adressed when they will make a new announcement aswell. THe whole situation does kinda smell a little like blizzard being afraid of not being seen as SJW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    It's ironic because you're being sarcastically facetious, but you're the one who's being ambivalent. This is such a weird, /r/SelfAwareWolves moment.

Which is funny because, yeah, I too was angry about the Blitzchung situation. Nevertheless, let's make Blizzard a person for a second. So this person acted shitty and handled a situation with terribly and we're all disappointed with our friend Blizzard. Now another situation arises where our friend could either double-down and repeat their past behavior, or they show they've grown and changed and are making amends for their past behavior. Instead of saying, "okay, seems like our friend has done some growing, #respect", instead we're reprimanding them and playing 'whataboutism' with their intentions and questioning their motives with little facts. There's no winning.
    Giving people money = showing personal growth

Insert picardpalmtofacememe

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Posting inspirational quotes on twitter has about as much value as liking something on facebook. All it does is make you look like a pretentious virtue-signaling prick.

Do something that actually makes a difference or shut the fuck up. It is that easy. Donate some of the billions Bobby Kotick makes every other day for example. If that's too much to ask then just shut the fuck up and keep making games.
    You are aware that this is an issue that money cannot fix?

Not to mention, liking a post on facebook is a bit on a different scale than spreading the word to an audience of millions.

Well... everyone basically follows Sony. The Ps5 event is back on, so i expect the WoW event to be on very soon as well.

This feels like a political discussion under the guise of a WoW discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

Then there's no way of showing personal growth.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post

Yeah these are totally regular solar occurrences like the phases of the moon, every 50 years there's a sudden civil rights eclipse and every hundred a plague

Free king kong
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

The protestors are supporting a movement based on a lie. There is no "systemic racism." This nation has bent over backward to help Blacks for the past 60 years at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

You're missing my point. I'm saying that regardless of what they would have done, folks like you would still be peeved. There's no winning. Also, yeah, I don't see why that can't be viewed as personal growth. They're a company afterall. They don't have a lot of options besides a statement of solidarity, throwing around money, or some wacky "Blizzard In All Colors" initiative. It's either they do something small of value and you get annoyed or you want them to, "stick to vidya games".

Quote Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
    The protestors are supporting a movement based on a lie. There is no "systemic racism." This nation has bent over backward to help Blacks for the past 60 years at least.
    I don't get why you folks find trolling to be a form of entertainment. Aren't video games, movies, shows and a plethora of other available hobbies enough for you?
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2020-06-09 at 03:18 PM.