Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    honestly as a company or like any other reasonable person would do. Yeah try out ideas that might grab an audience. That's what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Don't care as long as they don't fuck around with Classic itself.

E-Sports being a side effect off a popular game? Yeah, that's cool.
    Trying to make a game an E-Sport (especially if the genre is not suited for it)? Fuck off.
    All my thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well why not? If the core and game mechanics remain untouched I see no problem with this. It's still a better game in my opinion because the retail is pretty much a real clusterfuck of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    well no one wants to watch or play retail might as well make that money off their better "franchise"
    I play both so i see how many are playing.

And i hate to break it to you. However currently about double the players are on retail.

Do not get be wrong. Classic is doing great. Fantastic even. But to say it is a head is just silly.

well i dont disagree but currently there is literally no community in any aspect of the game on retail. There is a HUGE pvp community on every pvp server on classic.
    If you are good in retail, there are huge communities to play with .

well no one wants to watch or play retail might as well make that money off their better "franchise"
    More people play retail and more people watch retail. I like both games and i think anyone knows that classic has a certain draw to it. But its just wrong to say that retail doesnt have thriving communities. M+ is one of the most popular things wow has ever introduced. Like ever. There is a huge pugging community aswell as premade community around it.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-06-10 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Oh god I can’t believe you had the courage to post this here. You’re gonna be flooded with people saying how wrong you are by people who never play classic or if they do they’re not even rank 6 lmao.

You’re right though. The PvP communities are the only reason I even play still. Raiding is piss easy so it’s fun to get gear and go fight others.
    What's your current retail experience to draw a conclusion about retail communities?

Is having fun really so bad? Lol. "OH NU, ITSA NOT MAH TYPEH OF FUNZ ITS THE DEVIL"

That's all of you guys, it's a fun little tournament for almost nothing.

With the warmode feature seems they're taking an interest in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Man, I gotta be honest. I never gave two shits about esports and to this day I still don't.

I really miss when Blizzard didn't feel the need to make their games hypercompetitive. It's a little tiring, I kinda want to just play a game. You can say it doesn't affect players like me but then it does with extreme razor-edge focus on game balance and aggressive promotion of the competitive parts of the game, as opposed to just letting an RPG be an RPG.
    Sums up my thoughts. It feels like this angle is the only way they understand now and players who want more of a roleplaying or social experience should look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Sums up my thoughts. It feels like this angle is the only way they understand now and players who want more of a roleplaying or social experience should look elsewhere.
    There are plenty of social experiences to get from wow. Its never been up to blizzard to create them. They are player made and requires you to actually actively look for them. But if you do, they are there. Just like they always have been

Camp the wsg area when it’s going on, kill the ones going or crash the realm if you think this is bad, send a message that way.

3+ Year Old Account
    That's great, that's definitely a sign Blizzard still thinks Classic exists.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Trying to make WoW an esport by fucking with TBC is a cornerstone of the experience though...
    I agree, introducing arenas was perhaps the single biggest mistake they ever made. It forced Devs to give every tool to every class (as seen in MoP)... Only to realise that they were biting way more than they could chew. So they started with those !@$&ty prunings and even !@#&tier borrowed power.

And then they are sitting scratching their heads, wondering why PvP tanked so hard in Legion, and (after an initial surge in popularity) even harder in BfA
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Most hardcore pvp classic players for months:" Blizzard has to host more events and help the community out!!!"

Blizzard creates an amazing pvp event and every low skilled bob level 50:"OMG ESPORTS IN CLASSIC - THIS IS NOT WHAT CLASSIC IS ABOUT?!?!?!?!?"

Esport my ass

Its a fun little community event held on live servers with a 4k dollar reward, nothing more.

I'd rather them focusing on bot removal, but it will be fun to watch and focus premades in the right direction.

People are blowing this way out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Camp the wsg area when it’s going on, kill the ones going or crash the realm if you think this is bad, send a message that way.
    Where do you think the entrances to battlegrounds were during 1.12?

Also, deliberately crashing the server just gets your ass a vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt that obvious? For me is. On the other hand classic has a huge community. Its natural.

They are doing one event where a few people can bash each other in WSG and get a little fame.

And some people are talking about how Blizzard is planning on making Classic into an esports game.

Besides there have been community organized dueling tournaments before.
    People just like to compete and to show off from time to time.

Stop panicking...

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    what does that even mean lmao