Poll: Has the GOP gone Qanon?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Don't give Trump too much credit.

The entire Republican infrastructure other than a handful of voices like Romney are all-in on the same bullshit. Trump didn't cause that.
    Who would have thought there'll be a day when we will think back with nostalgia to Mitt "47 percent" Romney and George "Mission Accomplished" Bush and hold them up as shining beacons of reason, eloquence and presidential dignity.

I'm so fucking done with this America, that I'd take 2007 back at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    It sure seems like it is now. We'll see how much that reverts once he's out of office.
    Racist media personality says racist things to get into office. Once in office starts dishing out money to rich assholes whilst trying to deregulate as much as possible. Sound familiar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah wait until flat earthers try to get on school boards.
    One of the prominent figures in that movement, was recently arrested for following kids from school, in his van... screaming how their parents and teachers lie to them. While handing out truth pan-flits... the moron has no optics.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm so fucking done with this America, that I'd take 2007 back at this point.
    The great recession started in 2003. No one noticed that the shit was going to hit the fan until it actually hit the fan.

As bad as Trump is he's still better than Bush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    One of the prominent figures in that movement, was recently arrested for following kids from school, in his van... screaming how their parents and teachers lie to them. While handing out truth pan-flits... the moron has no optics.
    Hahaha, well as a christian, I also found it hilarious some people came up with the After School Satan club to troll, and in Arizona people flipped their shit because someone wanted to give a Satanic prayer.

Honestly I fear the kind of nonsense that is going to come to a head if Trump gets re-elected, this bullshit idea that ALL ideas need to be entertained or are equally valid needs to end. I am sure before November even more crazy will come out of the woodwork, not just the White Supremacist.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Don't give Trump too much credit.

The entire Republican infrastructure other than a handful of voices like Romney are all-in on the same bullshit. Trump didn't cause that.
    It's true. Trump excites it...but he didn't cause it...he was caused by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends
    is #attackanddethroneGod still a thing?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Initial funding for the Tea Party dates back to 2002. They're not a response to Obama. The goal was to win local, state and federal elections in 2010 to manipulate the census and voter redistricting in the following decade.

The twin effects of a massively incompetent big GOP government and the Fear of a Black President helped the Tea Party achieve that victory. It was not a grass roots movement though. It was pure astroturf by a variety of wealthy libertarian asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

The GOP is not and has never been the party of Donald Trump. Its the party of Jesse Helms and has been since 1968.
    Umm where are you getting this 2002 date? Every place I read was 2009. If you don't think it wasn't about the first black President then you are delusional. Yes, basically dark money was behind it who want less government (basically so they pay less taxes), but the people they rallied were people who hated Obama. In the end it was racism and the fear that their country was changing right before their eyes.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Umm where are you getting this 2002 date? Every place I read was 2009. If you don't think it wasn't about the first black President then you are delusional. Yes, basically dark money was behind it who want less government (basically so they pay less taxes), but the people they rallied were people who hated Obama. In the end it was racism and the fear that their country was changing right before their eyes.
    Pretty much exactly this. The Koch brothers have been lobbying for less taxes since the 80's, but the crazy tea party train never actually left the station till the racist's jumped on board when Obama became president.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-06-12 at 12:00 AM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Pa...ent#Background
    "In 2002, a Tea Party website was designed and published by the CSE at web address www.usteaparty.com, and stated "our US Tea Party is a national event, hosted continuously online and open to all Americans who feel our taxes are too high and the tax code is too complicated."[76][77] The site did not take off at the time.[78] In 2003, Dick Armey became the chairman of CSE after retiring from Congress.[79] In 2004, Citizens for a Sound Economy split into FreedomWorks, for 501c4 advocacy activity, and the Americans for Prosperity Foundation. Dick Armey stayed as chairman of FreedomWorks, while David Koch stayed as Chairman of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation. The two organizations would become key players in the Tea Party movement from 2009 onward.[80][81] Americans for Prosperity and FreedomWorks were "probably the leading partners" in the September 2009 Taxpayer March on Washington, also known as the "9/12 Tea Party," according to The Guardian.[82]"

Why do you think the right blames Soros for everything? Because they're projecting. Right wing billionaires like the Kochs and GOP politicians like Armey were organizing well before Obama ever became president. The Tea Party were organized protestors so they assume that the left does the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Pretty much exactly this. The Koch brothers have been lobbying for less taxes since the 80's, but the crazy tea party train never actually left the station till the racist's jumped on board when Obama became president.
    The racists jumped on board in 1968. Obama becoming president made it seem more pressing. The entire small goverment/less taxes is fueled by the fear of a black person getting some government cheese.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2020-06-12 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Also, why are people so stupid that they'll ignore a candidates serious flaws because they've got an "D" next to their name on the ballot?
    It goes both ways.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    It goes both ways.
    Not when Trump is the other side, sorry... True when it’s Clinton v Bush... Obama v Romney... Obama v McCain... Kerry v Bush... that was in many way splitting hairs. But... if you can place Trump next to any of those to claim they are even close... I don’t know dude... just don’t take medical advice from Trump. Please...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    It goes both ways.
    Normally I'd agree, but right now, we've got a retard who actually suggested on camera that people clean their lungs with bleach. That puts the bar pretty damn low.
    Putin khuliyo

The great recession started in 2003. No one noticed that the shit was going to hit the fan until it actually hit the fan.

As bad as Trump is he's still better than Bush.
    I don't know whether you realized yet or not but we already sailed way past the "Great Recession 2.0".

The economic damage is done. The US government is financially gutted. Between the tax cuts, trade wars and the Covid rescue packages and the already non existent interest rates the federal government is gutted.

More jobs have been lost in the past 3 months than during the whole Recession.

I don't think you quite realize the depths we've sunk to. I have a lot of people don't, as we are still somewhat coasting on savings and funding from before February.

You'll see where we actually are come roughly November.

2007 will feel like a minor bump in the road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Pa...ent#Background
    "In 2002, a Tea Party website was designed and published by the CSE at web address www.usteaparty.com, and stated "our US Tea Party is a national event, hosted continuously online and open to all Americans who feel our taxes are too high and the tax code is too complicated."[76][77] The site did not take off at the time.[78] In 2003, Dick Armey became the chairman of CSE after retiring from Congress.[79] In 2004, Citizens for a Sound Economy split into FreedomWorks, for 501c4 advocacy activity, and the Americans for Prosperity Foundation. Dick Armey stayed as chairman of FreedomWorks, while David Koch stayed as Chairman of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation. The two organizations would become key players in the Tea Party movement from 2009 onward.[80][81] Americans for Prosperity and FreedomWorks were "probably the leading partners" in the September 2009 Taxpayer March on Washington, also known as the "9/12 Tea Party," according to The Guardian.[82]"

Why do you think the right blames Soros for everything? Because they're projecting. Right wing billionaires like the Kochs and GOP politicians like Armey were organizing well before Obama ever became president. The Tea Party were organized protestors so they assume that the left does the same.

- - - Updated - - -

The racists jumped on board in 1968. Obama becoming president made it seem more pressing. The entire small goverment/less taxes is fueled by the fear of a black person getting some government cheese.
    A website!!!!! You got me.

I'm talking about when it took off and again any article is citing 2009 when a good size enough people joined the Tea Party. We found out in the end that most of the Tea Baggers were caring the bags of racism and white resentment. I wish I had the quotes, but some moderate GOP people now admit that the Tea Party was built largely on backlash to Obama.

Anyways I agree with you above on the origination of dark money, by wealthy billionaires. Yes, it is amazing and I guess easy how they can take a mass of people and shine the laser light at them to distract from the big problem. Now, this you may not agree with but again, the largest resentment toward illegals is so silly, since more jobs are lost to globalism and technology. So the people profiting get to create a boogeyman and don't get the blame.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

A website!!!!! You got me.

I'm talking about when it took off and again any article is citing 2009 when a good size enough people joined the Tea Party. We found out in the end that most of the Tea Baggers were caring the bags of racism and white resentment. I wish I had the quotes, but some moderate GOP people now admit that the Tea Party was built largely on backlash to Obama.
    The Tea Party was built on backlash to the Civil Rights Act. Any other Dem candidate would've gotten the same treatment. Obama being president only made the dumber racists expose their own racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP is not and has never been the party of Donald Trump. Its the party of Jesse Helms and has been since 1968.
    Bullshit. The GOP has done nothing but brown nose Trump every chance they get. They've never criticized him, not even on the most egregious of things, they've never stood against him (except Romney, whom, surprise surprise, is being labeled "RINO" or except for a few who are retiring anyways.)

This is the Party of Trump now.

Sad really, to go from the Party of Lincoln, to the Party of Trump, but you reap what you sow.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Bullshit. The GOP has done nothing but brown nose Trump every chance they get. They've never criticized him, not even on the most egregious of things, they've never stood against him (except Romney, whom, surprise surprise, is being labeled "RINO" or except for a few who are retiring anyways.)

This is the Party of Trump now.
    Yes. They suck up to Trump all the time and the spirit of Jesse Helms is looking up from Hell with a giant smile on his face. The GOP has minimal interest in criticizing Trump because he does what he's supposed to do: throw the base red meat while rich assholes loot the country. Which is what Nixon, Reagan, Bush I/II and almost every GOP controlled state does and have been doing since 1968.