Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Ion's most recent Shadowlands interview. He says they are planning on new things for them but they won't happen in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably Stratholme instead, as it wouldn't be "fair" if Horde basically got their city back (even if it's the upper portion) while Teldrassil got deleted.
    Stratholme is a neat idea. If they want to pidgeon hole more races into Orgrimmar, I'd also be okay with the underhold becoming Undercity 2: electric boogaloo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    If Alleria keeps on insisting she and her Void Elves should be able to reside in Silvermoon, despite her knowing that they are a clear threat to the Sunwell, the destruction of Silvermoon might be sooner than later.
    Well it is a start, it can be used to condemn these blood mages at least. Later they can be taken down a few notches, maybe destroy the sunwell for being a conduit of void or what not conspiracy theory?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Clearly it was not enough, if it were, teldrassil would not have burned.
    Night Elves deserved their battering.

All the trouble they caused the Blood Elves in TBC and causing their Sanctums to malfunction. The least they could do is apologise for that, but no...they just attack and continue to blame the Blood Elves for everything that went wrong with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Clearly it was not enough, if it were, teldrassil would not have burned.
    Too bad that if it wasn't for the Night Elves fucking up relations with the Blood Elves, they would probably have joined the Alliance and aided them in defending Teldrassil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

3+ Year Old Account
    As for Blood Elves revering the Light more, maybe it's because the Sunwell is a font of light magic now?

As for Blood Elves revering the Light more, maybe it's because the Sunwell is a font of light magic now?
    Well, yeah, people just miss them being fel/Naaru vampires.

5+ Year Old Account
    They were addicts nothing like vampires. Who misses their characters being addicts?

Silvermoon Blood Elves were hardly "Fel-vampies."

The use of fel and demonic magic was mainly used by the Blood Elves on Outland, who were either training the Illidari Demon Hunters or working with Kael'thas in Netherstorm and later, the Isle of Quel'Danas.

Yes, we can see a Blood Elf Warlock and his Succubus Minion in Murder Row, but he was a rare case. Many of the other Blood Elves, mainly stuck to being Mages and draining magic out of living things. Cruel, yes, but they did what they had to, to survive.

Just like the Shen'dralar Highborne, who took to draining fel magic from a Demon for over 7,500 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post

The use of fel and demonic magic was mainly used by the Blood Elves on Outland, who were either training the Illidari Demon Hunters or working with Kael'thas in Netherstorm and later, the Isle of Quel'Danas.

Yes, we can see a Blood Elf Warlock and his Succubus Minion in Murder Row, but he was a rare case. Many of the other Blood Elves, mainly stuck to being Mages and draining magic out of living things. Cruel, yes, but they did what they had to, to survive.

Just like the Shen'dralar Highborne, who took to draining fel magic from a Demon for over 7,500 years.
    Yeah, but during TBC the playable Blood Elves were definitely presented as "Not Your Grandma's High Elves" in an effort to make them look punk and more fitting with the Horde. In lore they are mostly mages and hunters but Warlocks and Paladins (who at the time were Naaru-abusers) were the two big classes for them in game.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They are like these kids that like kicking sand castles.
    I found your conversation amusing, and this post topped it :P

But yeah, it is the sad truth. Me blizzard, me smash.

When does Silvermoon get an update and should we see portals connecting the Sunfury Spire to the Nighthold and see an smaller Blood Elf presence in Suramar, maintaining the portal.
    Perhaps a Blood Elf Mage maintaining the portal and a Blood Elf Portal Trainer who talks of the Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei skill in telemancy.

What are your thoughts from a story point of view and should the Silvermoon update, also have a tell-tale sign that the relations between the High Home and Suramar have increased, ten-fold.
    1. Silvermoon should definitely update - I think this has been asked for consistently since 4.0 remake and should be a priority. However, it may mean blizzard do not build night elves a new capital and instead put them in Suramar (for all we know, that was the original intention before they were made a horde allied race) - I wonder if you would accept that if it was the only way Silvermoon was going to be updated.

2. I think it would be nice to see blood elves in Suramar, although I also agree with Ravenmoon and Rhlor that Suramar is the perfect candidate for an Elf unity city, but that can be down the line, and shouldn't stop further strengthening of ties between blood elves and Nightborne.

What I wouldn't like though is for the Nightborne Highborne kaldorei identity to be swallowed up entirely and the Nightborne become indistinguishable from Blood elves save for their model and architectural night elven aesthetic, - but that would mean development - and some how I doubt we'll see more on that front for NIghborne unless the Night elves, a core race demanding a lot of attention gets involved. That's the bottom line reality.

Void elf stuff often involves blood elves and vice versa recently, so I reckon the chances of more Nightborne attention, including Nightborne attention involving blood elves would rise higher with respect to the Nightborne side of things if night elves were involved. Otherwise they'll likely just be Blood elf arm candy.

3. There would be a lot of rework to bring more blood elf involvement to the broken isles, which is predominantly night elven, it's not undoable ofc, but what's the motivation? if it does happen, it would certainly involve night elves for sure. However, more Nightborne involvement in Silvermoon and Quel'thalas that is easily doable, Nightborne already seem blood elf sidekicks, who knows the new city might have a Nightborne section.

Silvermoon is in the TBC map.

Only if Blizz decide to extend the maps of the EK and Kalimdor with Silvermoon and the Exodar and adjacent zones. They probably can't just import. They need to adjust the zones for flying. There's perspective tricks going on there.
    So, the answer is: They won't unless they do something more than just put flying in. The story has to go there again.

Whole Blood Elven race got Fel green eyes because they put Fel crystals all around Quel'thalas to power them after the destruction of Sunwell.

Fel abuse was not a minority thing limited to Kael'thases forces on Outland.

What is it with you people and elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Silvermoon is in the TBC map.

Only if Blizz decide to extend the maps of the EK and Kalimdor with Silvermoon and the Exodar and adjacent zones. They probably can't just import. They need to adjust the zones for flying. There's perspective tricks going on there.
    So, the answer is: They won't unless they do something more than just put flying in. The story has to go there again.
    It's very possible. Their comments on adding new settlements (or at least implying it) plus the new Chromie system point towards them putting the Cata-era old world in it's own pocket dimension sometime. They definitely could be making a new EK/Kalimdor that includes the zones.

Otherwise they would be putting new cities into an ancient old world with maps that still have Teldrassil and Sylvanas on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    1. Silvermoon should definitely update - I think this has been asked for consistently since 4.0 remake and should be a priority. However, it may mean blizzard do not build night elves a new capital and instead put them in Suramar (for all we know, that was the original intention before they were made a horde allied race) - I wonder if you would accept that if it was the only way Silvermoon was going to be updated.

2. I think it would be nice to see blood elves in Suramar, although I also agree with Ravenmoon and Rhlor that Suramar is the perfect candidate for an Elf unity city, but that can be down the line, and shouldn't stop further strengthening of ties between blood elves and Nightborne.

What I wouldn't like though is for the Nightborne Highborne kaldorei identity to be swallowed up entirely and the Nightborne become indistinguishable from Blood elves save for their model and architectural night elven aesthetic, - but that would mean development - and some how I doubt we'll see more on that front for NIghborne unless the Night elves, a core race demanding a lot of attention gets involved. That's the bottom line reality.

Void elf stuff often involves blood elves and vice versa recently, so I reckon the chances of more Nightborne attention, including Nightborne attention involving blood elves would rise higher with respect to the Nightborne side of things if night elves were involved. Otherwise they'll likely just be Blood elf arm candy.

3. There would be a lot of rework to bring more blood elf involvement to the broken isles, which is predominantly night elven, it's not undoable ofc, but what's the motivation? if it does happen, it would certainly involve night elves for sure. However, more Nightborne involvement in Silvermoon and Quel'thalas that is easily doable, Nightborne already seem blood elf sidekicks, who knows the new city might have a Nightborne section.
    1. Rebuild Eldre'Thalas. We're not talking of a Suramar-rework, but more open spaces in the Nighthold, such as the room that took you to Elisande's encounter chamber. A Blood Elf maintaining portals between Silvermoon and Shattrath on Outland, would be very good developments, but also give the Nightborne a chance to meet the Scryers, who as far as the common lore goes, are still operating in Shattrath and were Kael'thas' most skilled Magi.

2. I'm not sure where we get the idea of Suramar being the elf-unity city? If any city was going to do that it would be Zin-Azshari, since all Elves hold a relation to it.
    Nightborne won't be swallowed by the Blood Elves, just like they shouldn't be swallowed by the Night Elves. Throughout BFA, the Nightborne have maintained a true presence within the Horde and have served as the largest bulk of Honourbound Arcanists, Portal-keepers and Mages. Their core is being upheld and it's not being taken over by the Blood Elves.
    Thalyssra and Lor'themar seek each other's council in times of hardships, such as Baine being arrested and unsure on what to do with the Alliance forces in Nazjatar. In the end, they both respect each other.

Void Elves, of real recent lore, have actually been more involved with Night Elf lore, such as Umbric and Shandris. Also, Shandris has worked with the High Elves before now and nothing's been lost to each races' identity.

I think your being a little hypocritical when you talk about Blood Elves robbing the Nightborne of their identity and theme, but saying that wouldn't happen for the Night Elves.

3. Blood Elves were in places around the Broken Isles. We saw the Reliquary in each zone as well as a permanent base, just outside of Nar'thalas. We also saw Silvermoon Priests working with Sylvanas, Baine and the Tauren during the initial strike at the Legion. We then saw the might of the Quel'Thalas Army arrive in Suramar, when Khadgar sent out the word for the Alliance and Horde forces to come to Suramar's entrance. The Blood Elves and Dark Rangers also held up a leadership role with the Unseen Path as well as Silvermoon holding a regular presence within the Tirisgarde and the Mages of Dalaran.
    It might be a Night elf, Highmountain Tauren and Vrykul place, but that doesn't stop Blood Elves, Bloodhoof Tauren and Humans from going to the Broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Whole Blood Elven race got Fel green eyes because they put Fel crystals all around Quel'thalas to power them after the destruction of Sunwell.

It wasn't "abuse" though, from Silvermoon.

The Silvermoon Blood Elves had no idea what Kael'thas was doing, until they reached Outland. Hell, many Sunreavers who were once using Fel Magic on a regular basis stopped, as indicated on the Isle of Thunder.

Summoning demons to do your bidding is a hell of a lot different than serving Kil'jaedon in Netherstorm and eventually, the Sunwell.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-06-12 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

It was only used by Rommath and his magisters. The average Blood Elf had no idea Fel was used as per Word of God.

See the point below "The Mark of the Legion"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    It was only used by Rommath and his magisters. The average Blood Elf had no idea Fel was used as per Word of God.

They still abused it, and it was enough to poison every elf in Quel'Thalas with green eyes.

Frostwolves never touched the fel either, but still it turned them green by osmosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    What is it with you people and elves?
    I recommend you to go to Star Wars forums and ask why do people talk about robots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post

I wish Magisters were like in BC.

- - - Updated - - -

It is. This is the problem. Blood elves turn into light elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

1. Rebuild Eldre'Thalas. We're not talking of a Suramar-rework, but more open spaces in the Nighthold, such as the room that took you to Elisande's encounter chamber. A Blood Elf maintaining portals between Silvermoon and Shattrath on Outland, would be very good developments, but also give the Nightborne a chance to meet the Scryers, who as far as the common lore goes, are still operating in Shattrath and were Kael'thas' most skilled Magi.
    You didn't answer the question I asked.

2. I'm not sure where we get the idea of Suramar being the elf-unity city?
    You would have to have been part of the conversations 3-4 years ago to get where I'm coming from.

I think your being a little hypocritical when you talk about Blood Elves robbing the Nightborne of their identity and theme, but saying that wouldn't happen for the Night Elves.
    No, you do realise that Nightborne are the Kaldorei Highborne culture and pre-sundering night elf civilization.

They're a night elf sub-race, and their identity is wrapped up in that aspect of night elves, pretty much alongside the Highborne with the Darnassians and the Moonguard remnant or Farondis ghosts - this is what the Nightborne are, and they were created to showcase that side of the kaldorei, (which is why we were surprised they did not join them) they have no substantial identity outside this and are entirely defined by that.

However, now is a new era for them, they can now be further developed and we even though their initial presentation exclusively shows us more of the kaldorei civilization, the good , the bad and the ugly of the invasion period in what was essentially a repeat telling of the Well of Eternity book). From here on now though, blizzard could choose only to continue showing that through the Night elves since it doesn't seem that Nightborne fans are at all interested in their kaldorei heritage or identity and just want to them as blood elf sidekicks. This ofc would mean blizzard developing a new direction for them that goes away from their kaldorei roots and origin in a similar way to how they wrote the Thalassians pulling away from the root Elven culture and identity. It's possible. But I highly doubt they'd do something in detailed and depth, I suspect they'll just tag Nightborne on to the Blood elves - and go from there.

If I wanted to distinguish them from the rest of the kaldorei, including the Highborne in Darnassus and in the Moonguard, I would make them a bit more like palace Highborne during the war of the ancients, a bit more of the Dusk Guard attitude we saw or I would just leave them to be defined as blood elf sidekicks.

They don't have anything new, all they are is already part of the Night elf identity, you want to remove that, from that you have to give them something new or make them blood elves. I have always thought they would function best in their capacity as night elves on the horde. So, you re-affirm their kaldorei Highborne identity, and their "twist" is basically Kaldorei Highborne on the horde so horde players get a taste of night elves, while we continue to see the Highborne on the Night elf side and what a fully diverse kaldorei society that has arcane, druidism and Elunism all contributing in tandem looks like. In this scenario the Nightborne continue to be kaldorei highborne without the Elunism and Druidism influences or rather, they get to be Kaldorei Highborne with Thalassian influences, it wouldn't hurt them to carry over some Elunism and druidism to the blood elves.

That's my opinion anyway.

3. Blood Elves were in places around the Broken Isles. We saw the Reliquary in each zone as well as a permanent base, just outside of Nar'thalas.
    It's a camp Tanaria.

We also saw Silvermoon Priests working with Sylvanas, Baine and the Tauren during the initial strike at the Legion. We then saw the might of the Quel'Thalas Army arrive in Suramar, when Khadgar sent out the word for the Alliance and Horde forces to come to Suramar's entrance. The Blood Elves and Dark Rangers also held up a leadership role with the Unseen Path as well as Silvermoon holding a regular presence within the Tirisgarde and the Mages of Dalaran.
    It might be a Night elf, Highmountain Tauren and Vrykul place, but that doesn't stop Blood Elves, Bloodhoof Tauren and Humans from going to the Broken Isles.
    Blood elves helped Nightborne in 7.1, same as the other elf factions - yes, we all know that, and saw it too.
    Last edited by Mace; 2020-06-12 at 05:57 PM.