Poll: Should Blizzard make Battle for Azeroth servers?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bfa a lot of classes play fun, I’m really going to miss gear being exciting. Idk if blizzard realizes it but if gear is just gear it’s going to be boring as hell. At least with titanforging and legendaries it gave us CE players a reason to interact with people and friends that were doing lower level content for the chance of a good something as a nice reward, but now I will have no reason to not just do content appropriate of my skill level with others of my skill level. Actually dividing the community more, tragedy.

Coming from someone who’s raided since early BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Everyone said the same about every single expansion. Check the forum, the threads are still up. People never stop complaining. Next year Bfa will be the great expansion before shadowlands is the worst expansion ever. Always the same trash.
    Exept, very few people said that about TBC, Wotlk, Legion. And even Mop was good expansion if butthurt people just avoided Pandarens. Cata, WoD and BFA have been worst expansion in wow so far and same time pretty much only expansions that have gotten much hate from the community.

And you prolly should avoid wow's own forum since that place is full of brainless twats and trolls. Nothing that is written there tells what people really think.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and I don't think it'll ever happen. I don't think 10 years down the road someone is going to think "Gee, I wish they would remake BFA". Something like that has never happened before where the prior expansion got its own dedicated realms. I doubt BFA would be the first to do so.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

isnt this the same guy who said, we need corruptions in shadowlands, made a pool and %92 says fuck off with corruptions? lmao

"Hated by a very small vocal minority"

Yet decided to post his thread on a forum where this vocal minority lives..... stop feeding this giant forest troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Still waiting for those "WoD was actually awesome" or "Cata was amazing" threads.

Like, that "phenomenon" you're talking about has been debunked.

The fact that people even mention Wotlk in the same sentence as Classic just shows how far this game has gone offtrack.
    As someone who played since classic, they are basically still in the same ilk, the only difference is that WOTLK introduced raid difficulty and made raiding a tad more casual friendly, but it was never as bad as LFR levels of casual friendly.

WOTLK also had *the* best quantity of content for all parties, it had hardcore and casual raiding, it had hardcore and casual pvp, it had the first world pvp zone that actually felt fun to play.

The daily quest content was actually decent for casuals that didnt want to do any specific content and the achievement system introduced new ways to make old content relevent, even if I do admit, the achievement system in part is responsible for alot of bad and lazy gameplay decisions on blizzards part in newer expansions.

And of course it introduced Death Knights and Arthas, two things that fans practically begged for in a very grimdark themed expansion with some of the most grisley moments in wow back then.

Vanillia to Wrath was legitimately the "Classic" experience, it ended after WOTLK ended, when they changed how classes operated, pruned abilities in Cata and also significantly pruned talent tree's and other systems making them aweful to use.

I don't see why not to be honest. Kinda expensive for that 2-3 people who would actually want to have a char on BfA server(s) but hey, Blizz has the money.

Everyone said the same about every single expansion. Check the forum, the threads are still up. People never stop complaining. Next year Bfa will be the great expansion before shadowlands is the worst expansion ever. Always the same trash.
    Nooope. WoD still the lousiest expansion ever. Legion still good. BFA will be bad forever.

Its so bad that blizzard literally abandonded it before it was done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    Bfa a lot of classes play fun, I’m really going to miss gear being exciting. Idk if blizzard realizes it but if gear is just gear it’s going to be boring as hell. At least with titanforging and legendaries it gave us CE players a reason to interact with people and friends that were doing lower level content for the chance of a good something as a nice reward, but now I will have no reason to not just do content appropriate of my skill level with others of my skill level. Actually dividing the community more, tragedy.

Coming from someone who’s raided since early BC.
    Classes have literally never been as boring to play as they are here in bfa. You could argue vanilla perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    As someone who played since classic, they are basically still in the same ilk, the only difference is that WOTLK introduced raid difficulty and made raiding a tad more casual friendly, but it was never as bad as LFR levels of casual friendly.

WOTLK also had *the* best quantity of content for all parties, it had hardcore and casual raiding, it had hardcore and casual pvp, it had the first world pvp zone that actually felt fun to play.

The daily quest content was actually decent for casuals that didnt want to do any specific content and the achievement system introduced new ways to make old content relevent, even if I do admit, the achievement system in part is responsible for alot of bad and lazy gameplay decisions on blizzards part in newer expansions.

And of course it introduced Death Knights and Arthas, two things that fans practically begged for in a very grimdark themed expansion with some of the most grisley moments in wow back then.

Vanillia to Wrath was legitimately the "Classic" experience, it ended after WOTLK ended, when they changed how classes operated, pruned abilities in Cata and also significantly pruned talent tree's and other systems making them aweful to use.

Legion was the pruning expansion. Not cataclysm. WoD and MoP had the best class design

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'll bite OP's bait: what exactly is their "content design" for this xpac that is oh-so-great?

The addition of EVEN MORE throw-away faceroll activities with no chance of failure?

World quests/emisaries weren't enough before?

islands
    battlefronts
    naz
    mecha island
    visions

OH WOW! SO GOOD!
    BfA has literally sooo much content. There is so much to do that no one can finish it all in one day. Can you do all the following in one day;

1. All WQs in Zandalar
    2. All WQs in Kul'tiras
    3. All WQs in Nazjatar
    4. All WQs in Warfront Zone
    5. Vale Dailies
    6. Uldum Dailies
    7. Mechagon Daily
    8. Daily win in a BG
    9. Daily win in an Epic BG
    10. Daily win in a Brawl
    11. Daily win in Arena
    12. Daily win in Rated 2v2
    13. Daily win in Rated 3v3
    14. Daily win in Rated BG

The list goes on... and this is just the DAILY stuff! You then have weekly stuff like your LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic Nyalotha, your normal and heroic Warfront, your Island Expedition cap, your Azerite farming, 5-4-3-2-1 Mask Vision runs, your weekly +15, your Conquest cap, etc etc etc! This is AWESOME to have so much to do, it means you'll never be finished and that you can always tackle something when you logon. A good game never runs out of things to do.

This really isn't true. There's always a degree of complaints but the expansions which are widely regarded as the worst definitely caught more flack during their patch cycle than others. And not every past expansion is looked back on fondly. I'd say the general consensus is that Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK, Mists and Legion are well regarded; Cata, WoD and Bfa are not.

Did you also think Warfronts were good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar95 View Post
    This really isn't true. There's always a degree of complaints but the expansions which are widely regarded as the worst definitely caught more flack during their patch cycle than others. And not every past expansion is looked back on fondly. I'd say the general consensus is that Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK, Mists and Legion are well regarded; Cata, WoD and Bfa are not.
    A few words about cata, and no, i wasn't a fan of it.

The perception of cata is often too much tied to the dificulty of instances, other then that it was a continuation of wrath systhem's.

-Badge/point systhem
    -Optional non mandatory daily content, except the ones for the enchants.
    -Quick reputation grind with tabards
    -catch up systhem for those that returned to the game
    -reforging
    -hability to solo old wrath 5man instances

And there we had a lot of new stuff, each class got 3 new spells, and even the talents had been purged, they still felt like talents, i also enjoyed the speacialization systhem that was introduced in cata.

The bad things of it:
    -Game tuned to hardcore players at the beggining
    -Innability to pug and progress without a supporting guild, even after the dificulty had been purged.
    -Guild talents
    -The decline of social guilds, because of guild talents
    -The stupid portal systhem
    -Necroed instances (deadmines and shadowfang keep)
    -being left with only 2 5man dungeons from 4.1 to 4.2

As for people complaining about staying in SW all day without nothing to do, i've always done the dailies, the Tol Barad ones and after 4.2 the firelands ones, the good thing about it, is that those were totaly optional, and i wouldn't lose anything is i didn't did them on some days. They also introduced archeology, which was fun (if you enjoy having loads of junk in your bags). I'd rather have optional features, then being forced to play something i hated.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Vanillia to Wrath was legitimately the "Classic" experience
    I vehemently disagree on that part.

First off, Wotlk absolutely demolished heroics.
    Rather than being their own "difficult" content, they became faceroll content, rather than complement raiding like in TBC, they were just a stepping stone towards raiding.

Second, the difficulty flipflop.
    3.0 faceroll content
    3.1 best raid content ever
    3.2 worst raid & super easy content which invalidated the best raid ever

Furthermore, it started the "bring the player, not the class" philosophy, which absolutely ruined certain classes (such as Shaman, as they defined themselves with their unique support tools).

Also, streamlining of the overall gameplay.
    Threat? Became a nonissue with Wotlk.
    AoE? Now everyone can do it, every tank can also AoE tank without issue.

Which paved the way for something that will down the line become an issue: Homogenization.

Lastly, it started the downfall of professions.
    While Professions are still relevant in Classic and will especially be in TBC, Wotlk started to downgrade their importance rather heavily.

You can like Wotlk, but nothing you listed has anything to do with Classic (or a "Classic experience") besides maybe the talent trees.
    Wotlk was the point where Blizzard started to break away from the linear progression towards a "play the patch" atittitude and said linear progression is a cornerstone of Vanilla / TBC.

I can't imagine there would be enough players.

Classic, TBC, WOTLK all have appeal, Cata I would say no, MoP probaby as well. Draenor nah. Legion, maybe in the future. BFA? Nah.

Jaylock is the turd that will never flush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    So once Shadowlands comes around, Battle for Azeroth is going to be done and dusted. This sucks, like really bad. While this expansion has been hated by the very small vocal minority, a lot of people actually love BfA's formula and content. There's been so much awesome stuff so far in BfA and it's gonna suck to have it all disappear.

Blizzard release BfA servers upon Shadowlands launch. I know I'd rather go back to playing 8.0 than ever touch 9.0, considering how shit Shadowlands looks so far. So, do you agree that Blizzard should release BfA servers? Tell me why you think so down below, I love having these community discussions.
    Let me fix that with the realistic version.

So once Shadowlands comes around, we will finally be rid off the worst expansion in mmo history Battle for Azeroth. This is awesome because we can move on to potentially a playable expansion. This expansion has been hated by the majority of people because of its godawful formula and content. There so much awful stuff in Bfa ranging from the atrocious azerite to the very core of gameplay, the classes themselves. The expansion is a wild carousel of horrible design decisions reaching their final horrific form coupled with stale and cheap world content that its also infused with the worst levels of low reward grinds that the game has seen.

Blizzard should remove Bfa from their servers as in remove any trace of this horrible exercise in garbage trash design ever existing. I know I'd rather go back to playing WoD than ever touching anything 8.xx ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Nooope. WoD still the lousiest expansion ever. Legion still good. BFA will be bad forever.

Its so bad that blizzard literally abandonded it before it was done.

- - - Updated - - -

Classes have literally never been as boring to play as they are here in bfa. You could argue vanilla perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion was the pruning expansion. Not cataclysm. WoD and MoP had the best class design

Have you ever actually played a character with good corruptions and essences? Judging by your posts it doesn’t seem like you’ve ever given it even a chance just BFABAD BLIZZDUMB

Imagine wanting a classic server for the very worst version of wow.

They have a permanent version of bfa; it’s called diablo 3

there is no formula in BfA, it's just an amalgamation of content, it's the same thing you do when there's leftovers in the fridge and you don't want to cook something fresh.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    BfA has literally sooo much content. There is so much to do that no one can finish it all in one day. Can you do all the following in one day;

1. All WQs in Zandalar
    2. All WQs in Kul'tiras
    3. All WQs in Nazjatar
    4. All WQs in Warfront Zone
    5. Vale Dailies
    6. Uldum Dailies
    7. Mechagon Daily
    But do you actually think that this type of content is fun? Do you enjoy doing world quests?

I mean I do world quests all the time but it is ONLY because I need the reward. The world quest itself is absolutely zero fun for me.

The only content I do because I actually enjoy it is Raiding and M+. All the other content I'm only doing for the reward.

I agree that BFA has a lot of content on the paper, but to me that content is of really really low quality. I mean, I haven't done a Island Expedition or Warfront in forever because it is so boring (in my opinion). I would rather have less content of high quality than a lot of content of poor quality.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-06-13 at 02:01 PM.