Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...I can not even describe how concept of horrific vissions is poor, horrible and annoying. How the fck jumping, running like moron, loosing control of your char, can be fun for somebody is beyond me
    Git gud and you won't lose control of your char.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frankly I dont see an issue with the visions. It takes a while to get up and thru them. but i enjoy it. Its like a personal test. plus i love my 470s
    U will learn to time ur scorching feet. or split personality. all the madness are pretty simple once u understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    sad but true.
    It's not. Nothing about madnesses is random, not which one you get, nor what they do. And there's only 3 possible combinations per zone anyway, both with and without the double madness mask.

What's obvious here is that there's a bunch of people complaining about HVs(which certainly do have issues, especially with repetetiveness) while having absolutely no idea how they actually work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I'm not a fan of is the one where you get encircled by yourself and have to run out a specific way. It's just tedious and annoying because if you're on a mount, there's little to no reaction time, especially if you're jumping and it spawns as you're in the air. The other ones I can deal with, but that one is just pure trash.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

yes, but it is stupid and shit concept anyway...
    I used to think they were pretty easy and not really much of a challenge given how effortlessly you can avoid everything.

But now I that I see your detailed reasoning I'll have to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    to me horrific vissions is the most shit content they ever did. but maybe thats juts me.

mage tower was great. because it was 1 high quality fight, forced you to play out your whole spec/class and use nearly all spells you have, with pure vanity rewards. scalable, learnable, progressable, challenging and fun.

horific vissions is just the next „feature“ on a list of „features“ i am forced to have my cloak up to 15 to wear potent corruptions, i am doing every week on x chars. not for fun. but to wear the corruptions i want, to not gimp around with low dps. and no, we are not talking about 3% mythic raider hardcore shit. we are talking about take some shitty versa% vs twilight devas and go m+ 10 (not 15 upwards) with 30% less dmg. thats laughable.

decouple that shit from gear/charprogression and take out that stupid time running panic shit, they obviously love so much to do. THEN horrific vissions MAYBE could be fun.

sorry, to me, vissions is the most cheap shit garbage you can bake into a game. take recycled areas, run a counter painted as „sanity“ and spit in a trizillion mobs. done. cheap. quick. lame.

this game is completely in milk-the-cow mode. stuff like vissions is done by a few lowcost ppl at blizz, to save em money, built in 10 days, so Ion Hazzicoala can tell you something about timeframes of SL and great patches until release.

lol blizz became such a laughable shit fest company. no clue how some ppl still can like that cheap shit.
    one thing that blizz does right is player retention. hell, people like you think the game is shit but you still waste your time posting about it. /shrug.

I did 5 mask a long time ago, so nothing about difficulty, it is about stupid gameplay...my advice, before posting, try to learn read first pokemon...
    Work on your attitude. And as said, you need to learn dodge stuff better, its simple as that. You can predict almost everything. They have been out for a very long time now and you still dont know this, even tho you did it "long time ago". Impressive.

People need to stop rage about visions and become better players/learn more about the vision and the abilities.
    Last edited by JoakimB; 2020-06-14 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    The only one I'm not a fan of is the one where you get encircled by yourself and have to run out a specific way. It's just tedious and annoying because if you're on a mount, there's little to no reaction time, especially if you're jumping and it spawns as you're in the air. The other ones I can deal with, but that one is just pure trash.
    I'd say the worst part is that it happens out of combat. Especially in places like the Mage Quarter tower walkway, where you just have to stand around for 5 seconds for them to despawn. They aren't even that dangerous, just goddamn annoying.

You get an info on your screen before they spawn. As soon as your screen gets a purple color, don't walk longer than 2 or 3 more seconds -> stand still for 1 sec -> walk out of the circle.

---
    I love Vision, I could do them many more times, if my runs would not depend on a ressource that you can only get up X per week. This key-system is bad.
    Doing them 5 mask easily as DK, DH is going smooth to, have to unlock all masks and try it with him, too. Hunter easily fullclears with some masks, didnt try 5 yet.
    I only got a problem with my mage, but he's just at 420 ilvl, ofc this leads to problems. Boomkin got an 15's cloak, which is enough for me on a caster alt. I can absolutely understand that people dislike Visions as caster, they are quite punishing - although it could just be me because I aint got much exp with caster classes.
    As melee/hunter they are an easy way for full 470 gear and chance on rolling some goodish corruptions.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-06-14 at 08:36 PM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    By far, the most annoying part is the fire that throws your character forwards.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

The MECHANICS of Visions I have the least problems with.

It's their repetitiveness that's the main issue, and also the fact that there's such a glaring disparity between how easy or hard they are depending on your class/spec. But that's not a result of Visions mechanics per se, but rather a systemic issue afflicting many forms of content. There's significant overlap, for example, between classes that do well in Visions and classes that do well in M+: highly mobile, non-cast-time based specs with at-will burst damage. Casters and classes with ramp-up time do a lot worse, generally.

But sure, the #1 complaint is definitely that there's 2 layouts that never change and you have to complete them constantly on every character you give a damn about - not to mention you ALSO have to do dailies/weeklies etc. to even be allowed to do Visions in the first place. It's an egregious system of repetition layered onto repetition, which is detrimental to the experience in twelve dozen different ways.

Visions are great. A few times. They're HORRIBLE more than horrific once you have to do them multiple times a week, every week, on every character, in order to keep up with power gains.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    By far, the most annoying part is the fire that throws your character forwards.
    You can control it. If you burn, dont move - you never jump if you just stay still, but any movement done will trigger the jump, including enemyskills that knock you up.
    But I can understand that this affix suxx balls - I dislike it too, even though I mostly play melee, which means it isn't THAT bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You get an info on your screen before they spawn. As soon as your screen gets a purple color, don't walk longer than 2 or 3 more seconds -> stand still for 1 sec -> walk out of the circle.

---
    I love Vision, I could do them many more times, if my runs would not depend on a ressource that you can only get up X per week. This key-system is bad.
    Doing them 5 mask easily as DK, DH is going smooth to, have to unlock all masks and try it with him, too. Hunter easily fullclears with some masks, didnt try 5 yet.
    I only got a problem with my mage, but he's just at 420 ilvl, ofc this leads to problems. Boomkin got an 15's cloak, which is enough for me on a caster alt. I can absolutely understand that people dislike Visions as caster, they are quite punishing - although it could just be me because I aint got much exp with caster classes.
    As melee/hunter they are an easy way for full 470 gear and chance on rolling some goodish corruptions.
    Is that some talent you can learn w/ the vision talent tree? Granted I've only done like 10 visions total, but I haven't noticed a screen animation prior to it going off. I guess I'd have to go back and look for it. If that's the case then I guess it's not super bad, but like other people said, there's certain situations where you can't go anywhere due to a tight confinement. Definitely seems more reasonable if there's some mild indication though.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Is that some talent you can learn w/ the vision talent tree? Granted I've only done like 10 visions total, but I haven't noticed a screen animation prior to it going off. I guess I'd have to go back and look for it. If that's the case then I guess it's not super bad, but like other people said, there's certain situations where you can't go anywhere due to a tight confinement. Definitely seems more reasonable if there's some mild indication though.
    It's pretty obvious, edge of screen goes purple. The problem is that it's an effect that typically means you're standing in something bad, so your instinct is to move, which is the opposite of what it means you should do. Also it's harder to see if you're at low sanity as it overlaps with that border. Also it doesn't help if you're in the middle of killing 5 other things spawning circles of bad on the ground that you need to move out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

How the fck jumping, running like moron, loosing control of your char, can be fun for somebody is beyond me. That type of things have nothing with skills and good and smart gameplay.
    You can avoid everything with skills and good and smart gameplay.

Fiery feet: slow down and the jump will not trigger. If you stutterwalk it will never trigger, you can even use it to propell yourself controlled forward when the big mob does his ground effect.
    Running like a moron: just jump before reaching 5 bugs?
    Loosing control: everything is telegraphed and can be interrupted or stepped out of.

Nothing in visions is random.

yeah, it feels absolutely horrible to play, especially with mask of the pained but even without it its still a boring and anoying feature. Iits like playing fotball on ice or hockey without a club... Its the most annoying content in the game by a mile.

IM constantly amazed at just how horribly boring it is to play, like normally i just tune out while doing weekly shit, but horrific visions is constantly reminding me of its terrible design.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

That might be in combat interface options "screen at low health".

About tight spaces: you decide where you fight, most of the time you can pull mobs a bit back into open spaces. Rexars room is a bit small admitedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoakimB View Post
    Work on your attitude. And as said, you need to learn dodge stuff better, its simple as that. You can predict almost everything. They have been out for a very long time now and you still dont know this, even tho you did it "long time ago". Impressive.

People need to stop rage about visions and become better players/learn more about the vision and the abilities.
    ok...are you natural stupid or you train stupidity every day...this is about CONCEPT not about difficulty...jesus!!!...

Don't get how visions are anything different from any other content in this game?

You follow mechanics and strategy while maximizing your DPS output? Same shit as raiding or m+? What you mean not controlling your character? Isn't it just a result of failing on mechanics...? If you execute them properly there is hardly anything that take control over your character there.

As Squirtle already said: your screen gets more purple, mostly the edges tho. It's all about experience - when you've done many many visions (like I did, with many classes) you will almost instantly react to anything that happens, without thinking twice. I still get hit by some stuff that could be avoided, but as I exactly know what/how much I can pull with any class, it usually works out. I guess I only got one or two failed runs since I ran 5 masked visions starting with my dk.
    It really comes down to experience, knowing what you can/should dodge, what can be ignored, how many enemies/groups you can pull.

I can totally understand if visions are "hard" for some people, but most times this is about not knowing all mechanics/what to pull.

Having this much exp, I know exactly every pull I actually can do with any of my very different geared characters. I know my 420 mage can only do "this much" while pulling "this and that" together or not together, while my dh is able to do way more, quicker with bigger pulls. Since I unlocked Gift with the DH, I can savely say that he is able to 5 mask now with ilvl 440, as he was able to 2 mask without Gift-Talent before
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-06-14 at 09:33 PM.