Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I’m actually surprised these times of adding were allowed when they are very close to sanctioned botting.
    Huh? AH addons aren't anywhere near botting.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Huh? AH addons aren't anywhere near botting.
    Posting hundreds of items much faster than humanly possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Posting hundreds of items much faster than humanly possible?
    You still have to press post for every single item.

You still have to press post for every single item.
    Exactly this so you are literally still having to post every item manually its just that you now cant do it at every .5 seconds..... No idea where you get AH addons are nearly sanctioned botting.... Even with TSM's other features like shopping list and so on you still have to manually click through every action with the exception of craft all which blizzard uses themselves so.... Much confused with your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethavin View Post
    Exactly this so you are literally still having to post every item manually its just that you now cant do it at every .5 seconds..... No idea where you get AH addons are nearly sanctioned botting.... Even with TSM's other features like shopping list and so on you still have to manually click through every action with the exception of craft all which blizzard uses themselves so.... Much confused with your claims.
    You quoted the wrong poster, it was Argorwal who equated AH addons to botting.

Apologies to wrong poster! Point still stands though!

"But now I can't play the AH!"

If you're hitting these caps, you weren't playing the AH, as hitting this new cap is basically impossible without addons. In which case, if you're using addons to automate all your AH stuff, you're not really "playing" the AH anyway. You're just afking and having the addon work for you, which isn't what it was intended for and if you spamming addon queries is causing problems for everyone else, then it's good they've changed it. The AH has always performed horribly, if this alleviates it for everyone else, then it's a positive.

Honestly wish more online games would take steps to ensure the people actually playing the actual game earn the most money, rather than the people camping the AH all day or the Auction House equivalent in the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post

If you're hitting these caps, you weren't playing the AH, as hitting this new cap is basically impossible without addons. In which case, if you're using addons to automate all your AH stuff, you're not really "playing" the AH anyway. You're just afking and having the addon work for you, which isn't what it was intended for and if you spamming addon queries is causing problems for everyone else, then it's good they've changed it. The AH has always performed horribly, if this alleviates it for everyone else, then it's a positive.
    25 actions isn't really much of a cap.... You can hit that just being a casual AH user.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I hate playing the AH and avoid it as much as possible, but even I have had multiple times where I've had more than 100 things on the AH at a time. Leveling a profession and then dumping a bunch of the gems and enchants, or cleaning out the bank's trade mats at the end the the expansion, or -- as is the case for me just last week -- cleaning out a guild bank that I'd been putting off for many expansions.

Except you can get those benefits without having the limit at 100? If the intent is to stop people from dragging down the AH with thousands of queries and price checks, set the cap at like... a thousand.
    I hate playing the AH too, I just want my Longboi, and now this change is going to make it take even longer for me to hit 5 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post

How am I "AFK" when I'm literally at my computer hitting "POST" for every item on the list. AT MOST TSM plugs in the market value for the items. I still have to be there and actively engage with the tool. I can't be AFK.
    Putin khuliyo

I wonder if any thing will change for a scrub like me who is always struggling with money. I mean if prices of ores and herbs go up or not.
    never been good at making money in this game. best I can do is farm herbs and ores and sell.

I am so amused by the ignorant posters here calling AH addons "botting". If an addon can do something and you only use addons to do it, it's perfectly legal and not bannable, with exception to anything that actually breaks rules, such as sending inappropriate material over chat. I remember when people were going crazy over an addon back in Timeless Isle that automatically accepted, answered, and completed the quiz daily. They think the "no automation" rule applies to legitimate addons. Guess what? It doesn't. Automating quests is still possible, a popular addon called Azeroth Auto Pilot does this just fine.

TSM is not botting. If Blizzard doesn't like something an addon does, they don't ban anyone, they change things to hamper or kill the addon. This exact change, limiting the api, is a perfect example. There are plenty of other examples in the past, such as OQueue or AVR.

However, there are some posters mentioning actual automation issues such as autohotkey or actual botting software. Yes, that eventually gets caught. Are all the players that undercut you or buy things quickly using software? No.

Please, for the love of god, educate yourselves on Lua and the API before you claim stupid shit.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2020-06-17 at 12:13 AM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    We needed years to fix AH lag, it only took months to lag the AH back?

TBH if all the "Goblins" were advertising in their video "guides" was "get a second account, run a TSM sniper 24/7 on it" no wonder when they got enough followers the system started clogging up.

I bet this isn't about poor casual scribe guy who wanted to post 300 glyphs. It's about much bigger volume of operations than that.
    Nope, this hits even the small time AH sellers. I regularly post about 150-200 items daily. The slowdown kicks in around item 44ish and turns 5 minutes of re-posting into about 30 minutes. Startin to wonder whether its even worth posting at all anymore. I'm picturing a much smaller AH soon due to this, and smaller AH means higher prices for all, as less competition. Have fun with the higher prices y'all.
    Last edited by Silversorrow; 2020-06-17 at 01:07 AM.

Funny how Blizzard can see an issue with this being abused while the IRL Stock market is totally cool with this same behavior.

Listing items should weigh more than simply browsing/buying items. Just don't break AH addons for regular people that use it for efficiency not profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    TSM isn't a botting addon. You have to be at the key board and actually interact with it.
    so are rotation bots not bots either, since you still have to move your toon? i dont think you understand that a program that does anything for you automatically is in fact, a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    so are rotation bots not bots either, since you still have to move your toon? i dont think you understand that a program that does anything for you automatically is in fact, a bot.
    Except rotations bots essentially press buttons for you, tsm does not. It interacts with Blizzards own API to fill fields, but requires human input to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    talking about bots and automatized auction add-ons. They're the reason why blizzard had to make this change.
    Exactly.

They don't seem to be addressing the bots as they still exist in spite of reporting obvious bots who exist weeks / months on end.

TSM (the biggest AH automation program), I don't know how they haven't banned that yet. You literally have to download a third party desktop program for it to harvest the numbers for. Likewise, you literally can make it so all you have to do is scroll the mouse wheel and it will take the item from your bag, put it up for auction, set the price you made a function for, and posts it. Likewise, you can hit another button to check if yours is the lowest price and if not, you can again, just click 1 button and it will find the item and cancel it sending it back to your mailbox. You can then repeat it over and over and over again because Blizzard, in their "infinite knowledge" made a mount you can literally stand next to a mailbox with and make it easier to do without even having to walk anywhere.

Except rotations bots essentially press buttons for you, tsm does not. It interacts with Blizzards own API to fill fields, but requires human input to post.
    Oh yes, the "human input" of standing there and hitting the scroll wheel....
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2020-06-17 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Oh yes, the "human input" of standing there and hitting the scroll wheel....
    Basically the same as when you post it yourself without an addon. The AH isn't some mystical thing that takes a million button presses.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Less than would be required for their doomsaying.

People are just pissy that they cant afk and run the auction house using botting addons like TSM.
    LOL TSM is not a botting addon. It literally does some of the same stuff the new AH does, but it did it prior to the new AH.