Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the way I did the easy math here. With a 5 per hour cap and 30 per day cap, if you hit the hourly cap every hour, that's still 6 hours of dungeon chaining you can do in a day.

If you're exceeding that, odds are you're either no lifing the game and probably should be cut off, or botting.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've binged on some Saturdays and Sundays where this could've locked me out of my Sunday evening raid. That's not cool. I'd care less if they separated raids. The thing that bothers me though is this really won't help with the botting.

[QUOTE=Zyky;52428127]
    Edit: Also on this note, the people who "farm" gold using the method being fixed, are almost all people trying to sell for real money profits. This does not effect the average player. This is no different than the change to Lotus a couple weeks back, this is to solve an economic problem which effects far more people negatively than this change ever will effect negatively.

- - - Updated - - -

That is just not true at all, half of my guild farms lashers for raid consumes and gold for enchants etc. I had to farm out 10k gold to afford edgemasters and thunderfury. How did i do it? lasher farms for hours on end during a week off. This change won't "fix" the economy, all it will do is make materials MORE scarce, and MORE controlled by the bots because real people can't farm them. The bots continue to farm dungeons because they can totally skip out on this change entirely. Everyone else has to go out into the open world that doesn't have the spawns to support the populations of the servers. Thats the whole reason they MADE the black lotus change.

The botters will have more control of the market, force prices up and more people will buy gold. This isn't a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I couldn't care less. Very few people are managing 30+ lockouts a day.

It's pretty easy if you're farming for sgc. 30 lockouts is like 3 hours of play time.
    Can't be in 3. There's a 5 instance per hour cap. In the worst case, you can farm dungeons for 6 hours straight.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    385 arenas done and no SGC here.
    The odds of seeing Gorosh the Dervish are 1 in 6. Wowhead lits SGC drop rate at 6.74% chance so we'll just go with that. These are independant events, so the chance of seeing an SGC drop on any given run are about 1.123%

now the odds of running 385 arenas and not seeing a single SGC drop are (1-0.01123)385*100 = 1.29%. Im guessing the odds of some dude on the forums exagerating the number of runs they have done are a bit higher than that.
    Last edited by last1214; 2020-06-16 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel like if someone is upset with the game, they'll perceive changes like this with a negative mindset instead of a clear/rational mindset. Most people won't run 30 dungeons/raids a day. Some might, but majority of the people doing this are actually bots. So if this change is to deter bots more so than capping the players, what's the big issue with it? Because hypothetically it could impede you? Yeesh, it's literally a textbook example of spilled milk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    The odds of seeing Gorosh the Dervish are 1 in 6. Wowhead lits SGC drop rate at 6.74% chance so we'll just go with that. These are independant events, so the chance of seeing an SGC drop on any given run are about 1.123%

now the odds of running 385 arenas and not seeing a single SGC drop are (1-0.01123)385*100 = 1.29% Im guessing the odds of some dude on the forums exagerating the number of runs they have done are a bit higher than that.
    I saw 2 drop within 30~ runs and I won mine the first time I saw it drop, probably somewhere around run 9-15.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Can't be in 3. There's a 5 instance per hour cap. In the worst case, you can farm dungeons for 6 hours straight.
    You're missing the bit about it being a 24 hour period. 3 hours friday night after work, then you get up and want to farm on your saturday day off, 3 hours and oh sorry you can't make your raid tonight.

Even if there are few people that do more than 30 instances a day, they are still legitimate players and its bad Blizzard is forcing them to stop playing.

But what is worse is that this does nothing to stop botters. Botters will either split their resources between servers or more likely, just up the scale of their operation. The typical botter that sees this won't think "Oh no, I can only have my bots farm 30 instances a day. If I hit my hourly lockout that's only 6 hours out of 24! What will I possibly do?". They'll just think "w/e I'll increase the number of accounts im running by 4 times and earn the same amount of profit as before".

But hey, now Blizzard earns 4 times more subs per botter than before so at least someone is profiting from the situation.....

15+ Year Old Account

now the odds of running 385 arenas and not seeing a single SGC drop are (1-0.01123)385*100 = 1.29%. Im guessing the odds of some dude on the forums exagerating the number of runs they have done are a bit higher than that.
    I fat fingered it on my phone. I have 290 clears on my character (Ahnka).

I love statistics. I have a minor in statistics. So i created a spreedsheet while I farmed for the fun of it (Have I mentioned I love stats)?

Here's spreadsheets that I threw together while my 2 friends and I farmed SGCs for our 3 warriors since September.

Friend 1 received it run 152. Friend 2 received it 212. I am on 290 and counting.

https://i.imgur.com/2hcc4cr.png - Gorosh has a 8.51% spawn rate among all 564 arena clears. I calculated out the probability of seeing the chestpiece over every arena and Gorosh sighting. (The formulas for the other friend is incorrect - it is still updating every arena we clear.)

Here's an in-game cap of my arena kills in DBM - https://i.imgur.com/uJ2tM1d.png

290 arena clears for my own character. No SGC. https://i.imgur.com/YDKT0mg.png

You want some other statistical anomalies that happen with small sample sizes?

Chromatic Boots have a 36% drop chance, as per Wowhead. My guild has seen one pair among 15 Chromaggus kills.

https://i.imgur.com/ZDGfYrk.png - EPGP log showing 1 pair on April 7th.

https://i.imgur.com/RgxZud8.png - Here's all of my logged Chromaggus kills.

Please tell me again how I'm exaggerating. I fat fingered and typed 385, but 290 is still fucking unreasonable.

I love statistics

15+ Year Old Account
    I love statistics
    Also, your number on Gorosh is wrong. He is not 1/6. Even according to wowhead data, he is 1/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This only effects those looking to exploit chests in dungeons and what not.
    Posted in ignorance i see. People farming SGC shred that timer easily as well as people legit gold farming. So no, it doesnt ONLY effect those "exploiting chests".

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Even if there are few people that do more than 30 instances a day, they are still legitimate players and its bad Blizzard is forcing them to stop playing.

But what is worse is that this does nothing to stop botters. Botters will either split their resources between servers or more likely, just up the scale of their operation. The typical botter that sees this won't think "Oh no, I can only have my bots farm 30 instances a day. If I hit my hourly lockout that's only 6 hours out of 24! What will I possibly do?". They'll just think "w/e I'll increase the number of accounts im running by 4 times and earn the same amount of profit as before".

But hey, now Blizzard earns 4 times more subs per botter than before so at least someone is profiting from the situation.....
    So I do actually agree that this change does little to stop botters. Yet I still find myself fully in support of it. I feel for the people looking for SGC and Jed, but i feel like the vast majority farming these runs aren't using up all 30 lockouts in a day.

I cant really say I feel any pity for people using it to farm gold, even "legitimately." Most of these people are using pathing exploits that blizard has turned a blind eye to, and are just abusing the dungeon system in a way it was never intended to be used. This levels the playing field and is a positive change to combat player misbehaivior.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I do actually agree that this change does little to stop botters. Yet I still find myself fully in support of it. I feel for the people looking for SGC and Jed, but i feel like the vast majority farming these runs aren't using up all 30 lockouts in a day.

I cant really say I feel any pity for people using it to farm gold, even "legitimately." Most of these people are using pathing exploits that blizard has turned a blind eye to, and are just abusing the dungeon system in a way it was never intended to be used. This levels the playing field and is a positive change to combat player misbehaivior.
    TBH I'd be willing to have a discussion over if Jed resetting is borderline exploiting myself. I lean towards no, but resetting an instance without even killing anything definitely seems like a loophole that Blizzard would've fixed if it was this rampant

TBH I'd be willing to have a discussion over if Jed resetting is borderline exploiting myself. I lean towards no, but resetting an instance without even killing anything definitely seems like a loophole that Blizzard would've fixed if it was this rampant
    ohh yeah. If something like this existed in current wow, it would be fixed pretty quickly. Should it be fixed in classic? absolutely not.

If nothing else, i'm glad that blizzard has finally recognized that a problem exists with botting in general. that's much more than we had 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by last1214; 2020-06-16 at 10:31 PM.

Lazy bullshit change that hurts legit players more than botters, and actually encourages multiboxing even more to get around the new 30 a day limit.

How often do you run 30 instances per day? Pretty much never for pretty much everyone.. That said it won't fix the problem at all, Blizzard doesn't really care about bots and that's why the problem is worse than it is on private servers, because private servers have a more active approach while Blizzard is trying to make the lowest maintenance approach, which will never work.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Spending 4 hours playing a game that I enjoy is too much and I should do something else?

Like really? People spam m+ for hours upon hours every day in retail. But spending 20 minutes every hour for a game I enjoy is too much?

I'm out of class and she works from home due to covid. We have immennse free time. I've finished other games over the period of a week (hell I put in 8 hours yesterday playing xenoblade on my switch). Maybe nintendo should put play limits on stuff.
    You're spending way more than 4 hours, you literally just admitted to going back and forth to it for 11 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kealibar07 View Post
    That is just not true at all, half of my guild farms lashers for raid consumes and gold for enchants etc. I had to farm out 10k gold to afford edgemasters and thunderfury. How did i do it? lasher farms for hours on end during a week off. This change won't "fix" the economy, all it will do is make materials MORE scarce, and MORE controlled by the bots because real people can't farm them. The bots continue to farm dungeons because they can totally skip out on this change entirely. Everyone else has to go out into the open world that doesn't have the spawns to support the populations of the servers. Thats the whole reason they MADE the black lotus change.

The botters will have more control of the market, force prices up and more people will buy gold. This isn't a good change.
    But it is true, Blizzard has the data. They picked a number of lockouts that would not effect the average playerbase, that's the bottom line lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Players: Fuck you, Blizzard. You don't want to fix the botting issue.

Also players: Fuck you, Blizzard. Your attempts at fixing botting doesn't fix botting. In fact, nothing can fix botting. In fact, it's not even worth trying to combat because the more you do try to fix the botting problem, the worse it becomes. So don't fix the botting problem. But also, please fix the botting problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    #1 - 2020/06/16 02:59:18 PM
    As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
    This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.
    you will never reach this limit if you are legitimately running the dungeons.