Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Apparently they've already increased it to at least 100 APM, much more reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Apparently they've already increased it to at least 100 APM, much more reasonable.
    Yeah I just did my AH stuff, it shot through the first 100 like it was nothing, then slowed down.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit how the hell can people not understand the basic concept of what a bot is.

I swear, on an upside down backwards bible, in WoW if people dislike something its botting or ban worthy.

I had been hitting a throttle point with listing 10 items even before this update. I'm not one of the power AH users, but I have an addon to make my auction housing more manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    25 actions isn't really much of a cap.... You can hit that just being a casual AH user.
    It's not just 25 actions but number of actions in a given timeframe. In the original post on the Blizzard forums it was 27 actions in 8 seconds. The person did an automated search for certain items to get their market value and after the first 27 search queries Blizzard's new system kicked in and every further query took 2-4 seconds. After a re-log the throttle already lifted again. A simple reload let him do like 5 queries in 2 seconds before the system kicked in and waiting like a minute let him do another 12 queries in like 4 seconds before the system kicked back in.

So it depends on the speed you're doing stuff. His search queries took 0.2-0.3 seconds per search. Buying or posting stuff you need to manually click the button and are therfore slower, probably like 0.5 seconds per action and are probably affected by a lower degree.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck tsm, good change.

Why not limit the whole AH API?

Prob 90% of all remaining bots on retail are AH bots. Could get rid of them and the server destroying minority of players spamming the server with AH calls.

I don't know why someone didn't said it yet. I bet blizzard is making this longterm change so that getting gold from AH is harder, so if you wanna gold (or you can farm items in world, which is fun...) you have to buy their token, which will look to be a better (faster) option.

Quote Originally Posted by Huscarl View Post
    I don't know why someone didn't said it yet. I bet blizzard is making this longterm change so that getting gold from AH is harder, so if you wanna gold (or you can farm items in world, which is fun...) you have to buy their token, which will look to be a better (faster) option.
    Why would you think that? The absolute minority of players used these addons. And even less used them to a degree that they would be affected by this. Therefore to say, Blizzard does this sell more tokens is pretty stupid.

Good change!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Dethavin View Post
    Bro... scroll up and read please. I know its not aimed at most people. I was making a point about exactly that.
    I’ve not understood if this affects only posting or also scanning. I hope it does not affect addon fast scanning.

Not that matters that much, Auctioneer is dead since ages (unfortunately) and TSM relies on its own database.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, screw these Auction House clowns. Go play Eve Online if you want to play an economy game.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    TSM isn't a botting addon. You have to be at the key board and actually interact with it.
    Yeah no you can easily use it to bot with autohotkey.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So legit players who use TSM are getting throttled. Meanwhile on my realm there's a guy online 24/7 since Cataclysm and another logging exactly 2 minutes after I log my AH characters to undercut, at any hour of the day (this means it's not a simple AHK script, since it's reading the game memory). They don't respond to whispers, follow the same click-to-walk path to the mailbox and have been reported multiple times, none of them was banned.

Moral of the story: get a bot. Throttling won't affect your efficiency and you won't get banned anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a goblin who posts MANY auctions daily on 2 accounts, this is going to make it much more time consuming, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    As a goblin who posts MANY auctions daily on 2 accounts, this is going to make it much more time consuming, unfortunately.
    This is more meant to combat the people constantly scanning / cancelling / reposting.

This problem was made worse with the change to last in - first out

There is less undercutting but there are people constantly re-posting their auctions making it more difficult for everyone to sell something because all someone needs is a bot to automate their posting and mail collection all day long.

This is especially true in the case of high-profit items. Glyphs, materials, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Fuck tsm, good change.
    This, fuck it. I have made millions without anything but auctionator, and I will continue to do so. Fuck TSM and fuck its blind followers who cant play AH without...Silly non-skilled people.

Also AH lag has been REAL for months since 8.3...At least on high pop its awful, so fuck TSM addon. You waste my time every damn day cause of your lag...PS its fucking fun to troll stupid TSM users who cant think for themselfs...so easy to bait them.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

So that's why listing my auctions was so god-awful slow this morning...

I do use an addon. I wouldn't call myself an auction-house tycoon (I don't even own a Bronto mount, though I am trying to save for one since they announced its removal... currently at 3.3 million out of 5)

I don't really buy much to flip other than cloth. I buy cloth, turn it into bracers, DE those bracers, then sell the dust and crystals for a profit at whatever the current market value is. I do occasionally buy and sell mass quantities, but that's because cloth and dust are commodities people use a lot, and they're bought and sold in mass quantities. I'm not gouging anyone, just turning one into the other.

Beyond that I mostly sell pets. I'm a fairly hardcore minipet collector for my entire 15 years of WoW... so I've accumulated hundreds of spares over the years, which I kept squirreled away over 5 or 6 tabs of a guild bank alt. I finally started clearing out my warehouse last year to save for the Bronto. I probably list about 100 pets a day. Usually only a handful get sold at best, but they only cost 1 silver to list, so I'm not losing money. Selling one pays for listing 100+

And that's about it. I use an addon because it's a speedy way to list 100 pets and 20 stacks of dust in the morning before I go to work. Don't really use it for buying much tbh.

... I appreciate that Blizzard wants to create a fair and balanced game for everyone, but just based on how friggin' slow my auctions were to list this morning, I already hate this change.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Some people gaining "a competitive economic advantage" over others is a problem in a market now? Jesus Communist Christ.

Eh just remove the AH. Maybe Trade chat will finally be used for Trading then.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2020-06-17 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    What a bunch of crap. All this does is take time away from me playing the other parts of the game. If they'd include a "cancel all" button as a single action it might not be so bad. But this is just frustrating as all hell
    Its pretty simple. Stop trying to scam the AH with your bots. If you're being affected then this change has been aimed at you. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro