Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's really missing the point.

Remember how your caster / healer lose their shit when Claw of Chromaggus / Lok'amir / Staff of Shadowflame drops?
    Yeah, no one will once AQ is out because it adds new and superior options.

Each phase needs some buffer to the next, else it just devalues the previous phase too fast.

Classic is its own thing and not just a stepping stone for TBC.
    That's not true at all, you're just cherry picking weapons. There's still a lot of demand for Tear, Prestor's, DFT, Ashje, LgGem, RejGem etc. and they will remain hotly contested. That's not even considering the people who will take BWL upgrades while waiting on their AQ40 upgrades.

It also doesn't consider at all that we've been sitting in BWL for 4 months already, which is more than enough time to provide value to any items acquired. Yes, a 6 month wait was what happened in Vanilla - but guess what, it was too long back then as well. That's exacerbated by the speed we consume content these days.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Not many people.

You can look up the stats on the Armory and sites that datamine it. The number of people who clear even Normal raids is tiny.

If everyone who cleared Normal+ left, you're only looking at ~15% of the population.
    What I meant was if the only endgame content we had was LFR raiding people would quit. I'm willing to bet that very few people actually like LFR but they do it because it awards gear which is useful when doing other activities in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No idea what this has to do with it, except for the fact that it was probably one of the biggest mistakes of Blizzard as far as patch releases are concerned.

Just to give you an idea, my guild has had exactly 0 Lok'amir.
    Cool, but that doesn't matter.

My guild hasn't seen a Bonereaver's Edge yet, should we have delayed all raids past MC until we got one? No, because that's irrelevant to a responsible release schedule.

Everyone in a group getting 8/8 T2 or acquiring their tier-best weapon is just a stupid metric. If they get it on the Tuesday before AQ40 comes out are the going to complain about not getting to use it in BWL? Do we need to give them a month's worth of use before they're happy to potentially ditch it for an upgrade?

There is no guarantee you will get anything but, for instance, Dragonstalker's for all your tier drops - that doesn't mean AQ40 should be delayed until other classes get their tier gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    What I meant was if the only endgame content we had was LFR raiding people would quit. I'm willing to bet that very few people actually like LFR but they do it because it awards gear which is useful when doing other activities in the game.
    Lots of people only do Normal PUGs for the gear as well. People who reaaaally like raiding for raiding itself mostly raid Heroic & Mythic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    I really don't care about these things. I want to raid, do a few dungeons, queue up some arena.
    Those still exist you know. The content in WoW is very diverse nowadays. Farming mounts and transmog is 100% optional, if you don't want to do it then don't.

I play just like you want to play. I raid, I do a few dungeons but not a lot of arena, I'm not really that in to PvP.

Blizzard used to focus on the average players. The guys doing T4-5 content during Sunwell. The guys doing Normal mode while top guilds did Heroic mode.

If you still play retail, you're either a Mythic raider or someone that just plays this game like a mobile game (transmogs, world quests, etc.)

The 8+ million players they lose in the past 6 years were for the most part the average player that didn't care about mobile game mechanics or ultra sweaty mythics.

And conveniently, the ultra sweaty nerds and the mobile farmers are probably big spenders in the cash shop / tokens. So they make more money catering to them than making a good game for the masses.
    Last edited by Butterland; 2020-06-17 at 10:53 PM.

I'll never understand why retail players seem to get triggered by classic so much. maybe its an mmo champion thing.

If a game, especially an old redone one, supplied lots of fun content for a couple good months, it did its purpose, much like expansions do. No hobby is eternal, and that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's not even considering the people who will take BWL upgrades while waiting on their AQ40 upgrades.
    I specifically picked *caster* weapons because they will be covered by tokens in AQ.
    The Healing staff is pretty much on par with any MH+OH combination that doesn't involve the C'thun mace, the caster staff is pretty much equivalent (or superior if you need the hit).
    That's exacerbated by the speed we consume content these days.
    Again, i think it's better that each has their own room, because ensures that the items that are going to be surpassed from each phase actually remain on top for some time, rather than getting surpassed that quickly.

What's your prefferred length? 2months? 3?
    If we apply a ~3 month period on each tier / raid, we'd be in Naxx already.

Apply a four month period then Classic would've lasted just slightly over a year, a tad bit short for my taste.

That aside, Classic already released content slightly ahead of its original schedule, with the sole exception being the period between BWL and ZG.
    My guild hasn't seen a Bonereaver's Edge yet
    How many alternatives exist for 2h weapons?
    How many do exist for casters?

Heck, unless you're out to push trash dps or PvP, 2h weapons aren't that valueable to begin with.
    If they get it on the Tuesday before AQ40 comes out are the going to complain about not getting to use it in BWL? Do we need to give them a month's worth of use before they're happy to potentially ditch it for an upgrade?
    Yeah, why get Naxx gear at all when TBC is going to replace it anyway? (Or "wipe" all progress depending how to choose to roll out TBC servers)
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-06-17 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    omg I havent heard that song in so long thank you! Had to watch it entirely because...obviously!

Youve posted 9 times in 10 years, mostly just for giveaways, and this is what you come up with after 2 years of not posting at all? tee hee hee somebody's triggered alright
    sorry bud, ive been actually playing the game. nice post count though, im sure all your dates are impressed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuam113 View Post
    I'll never understand why retail players seem to get triggered by classic so much. maybe its an mmo champion thing.
    Retail players don't ever talk about Classic because they don't care. The people that are critical of Classic are the players who play both.

Classic players on the other hand seem to have a very unhealthy hate against retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Retail players don't ever talk about Classic because they don't care. The people that are critical of Classic are the players who play both.

Classic players on the other hand seem to have a very unhealthy hate against retail.
    I encourage you to go and read through some of the other posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    Blizzard used to focus on the average players. The guys doing T4-5 content during Sunwell. The guys doing Normal mode while top guilds did Heroic mode.

If you still play retail, you're either a Mythic raider or someone that just plays this game like a mobile game (transmogs, world quests, etc.)

The 8+ million players they lose in the past 6 years were for the most part the average player that didn't care about mobile game mechanics or ultra sweaty mythics.

And conveniently, the ultra sweaty nerds and the mobile farmers are probably big spenders in the cash shop / tokens. So they make more money catering to them than making a good game for the masses.
    hah theres probably some truth to this.

Anyway; Its summer, lockdown is eased up and current content patch has been going for a while now. People get bored and are waiting for AQ. It will probably explode with players when AQ releases. Blizzard should wait a bit more before releasing AQ, makes no sense doing it mid summer. Also, retail is getting nothing new and they will need to boost subs soon enough. Release AQ & get lots of subs ---> few months later release pre patch for SL--> Release SL---> Release Naxx sometime between content lul in retail.

It really sucks leveling in classic now though. Very few people bother with dungeons and in many zones you are alone with no option of grouping up for quests. Cant imagine how frustrating it must be reaching max lvl from here on out in classic. What kind of guild wants to do MC, BWL, ZG, AQ, Onyxia & naxx weekly for everyone to get geared up? Maybe AQ & naxx is faceroll easy too so its easy enough to carry people.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    There are almost no big streamer , not to say there is none.

Almost no new youtube content.

It gets harder and harder, if not impossible to find groups for quests / dungeons while leveling

Many raid guilds seem to have just vanished or disbanded

People dont seem to talk much in all chat outside of the same ones again and again.

forums seem to be mostly empty/ some outrage over a blue post but not over the game

Is there any hope for classic to get popular again? maybe with naxx ? or is it better to just accept for now that until tbc it will be a little more quite?
    2 points to adress here,first off,yeah some of the player base dies down once content has been out for some time,it will spike up when something new comes out

and to adress the streamer thing,this is to be expected with classic,wile the initial release was pretty big for streamers,after that initial hype died down and things started to calm down,it became painfuly obvious that classic isnt all that fun to watch...there is no challenge to it,raiding is under lfr difficulty,pvp is one big afk simulation,dungeons are easy also,in retail atleast you progress in raids and have something to watch,arena pvp is pretty fun also and m+ is the hardest content wow has to offer if you wanna rly push it

10+ Year Old Account
    My server, Gehennas EU, still is quite active, there are tons and tons of raids going on, active AH and both LFG and world chat are constantly written in. Guess it's very server individual.

OP is probably in a shitty low pop server. There are alot of full healthy servers with a lot of people to play with.

Nothing like levelling and watching a 6+ strong multibox group mow through the critters I need. So much fun.

Lol TBC is even more raid loggy than Classic. People clamoring for that are going to be in for an even bigger disappointment than Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Except it is a 100% proven fact tha all private servers were wrong on all numbers
    Yea... now - really. It is kinda obvious numbers weren't correct . I'm not talking about numbers, I'm talking about how they brought it to the players.

Having to do MC, BWL and ZG (twice) every week is getting boring. I hope my guild will skip some, when AQ arrives.
    AQ can't come soon enough.

But that doesn't mean classic is bad. I have never played any WoW expansion this long and regularely. Every game gets boring eventually.
    And the people you play with are a big part of how much fun you will have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    [QUOTE=dcc626;52430892]

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, because they were free and not entirely like vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

0, you never played official vanilla or private vanilla