Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From the looks of it, yes. Never been looking forward to an expansion as much as Shadowlands since TBC(even more than Legion)

But we'll see.

unlikely tbh. Wow's devs seem to have significantly lost their touch

Nothing to redeem best expansion so far. From the looks of it shadowlands will be super boring and unless Thorgast will be some super extremely good feature I don't think it would hold a candle. Which is kinda extremely unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be the redeeming expansion from Legion, not BFA, all BFA did was continue the garbage of Legion. Legion is where PvP went to hell, Legion is where class design took a swandive into a dumpsterfire.

However we do not know nearly enough about Shadowlands to know if it will be any good yet... It could just as easily end up being more of the same shit in a different costume and I will continue to assume that until Blizzard proves otherwise... Most of the "unpruning" they are doing is all the wrong stuff, so I'm leaning towards more of the same shit and at current have 0 hype and no plans whatsoever to buy it.

And until they actually get around to acting on the feedback threads for my main class/spec, and that of my main alt, which they haven't yet even acknowledged any of for either, I will continue to be extraordinarily skeptical.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    unlikely tbh. Wow's devs seem to have significantly lost their touch
    This right here.

SL is the first expac I haven't purchased prior to release. I don't blame SL for that, but the trend of BFA and the devs don't inspire confidence.

I'd like to play Shadowlands first before making such claims. While BFA had a lot of new features which mostly fell flat, at least they tried to do something new which made me look forward for when the expansion launched. Shadowlands only has Torghast as a new feature which feels to much like a singleplayer mode to me, so not as hyped in comparison despite that it will probably be a better feature. Also there is little reason to get hyped for the zones when compared to those from BFA. In BFA we finally got to see both Zandalar and Kul'Tiras which were both highly anticipated since vanilla WoW, they mostly delivered and we even got unique faction quests and stories. Compared to Shadowlands which not a lot of people expected to be a future continent, and it feels like they just made up their zones on the spot and giving them some vibes from older zones (like Ardenweald being close to Shadowmoon Valley AU with Val'sharah flora, Maldraxxus is very close to EPL with some of WotLK's Scourge architecture).

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the customizations
    And that's not real content so...

But I won't be able to tell if it's good or bad before playing it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

So far it doesn't. The changes seem well-intentioned but don't go far enough. From what I've seen, Shadowlands seems like a lukewarm apology to all the people who weren't satisfied with Legion/BfA.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-06-18 at 06:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't even follow shadowlands, it's so boring to me, how can u create a place where scourge gets its ewul powers n fill it with cute fluffy owl people n what not?..

Then they have vampire people, or something, what?? What do they drink? Blood? How? Isn't the land of the dead? They drink blood from ghosts? No, don't explain it to me, I have lost interest...

Honestly, to me shadowlands is not an expansion, just a really huge content patch for BFA. That's how much I care..

They should have given the job to the Diablo 4 people to set the theme n look of Shadowlands, not the people who create Pepe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So far it doesn't. The changes seem well-intentioned but don't go far enough. From what I've seen, Shadowlands seems like a lukewarm apology to all the people who weren't satisfied with Legion/BfA.
    Who the fuck wasn't satisfied with Legion?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-06-18 at 06:16 PM.

Aside from the awful lore, I actually loved BfA, and to me, Shadowlands looks like there will be less for me to do and enjoy than BfA, but that's just a gut feeling. I really have to see more from SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I dont think I can enjoy shadowlands at all.

All the new customizations and pretty zones are very expensive makeup and lipstick for a 400 pound hog.
    try some maybe your thoughts will be less negative

SL just looks like a reskin of BFA. they swapped names of stuff, but in the end its a ton of random rng made to keep you on the hamster wheel. everything they 'fix' will be wth something else just as, or more so, broken than the original design. but, this time it will take you exponentially longer. they will saturate the player shop with even more drivel that cant be obtained in game. professions will still be pointless. legendary procs and covenant abilities will be the deciding factor in good or bad dps. there will be a good covenant and bad covenants and you will be expected to pick the right one or be chastised by the player base. their interviews spouting all this crap about learning and righting the ship is all PR BS. they will continue on their fucked up, shareholder pleasing game path that they set for themselves ages ago. if you dont think so, you are blind and obviously dont learn or pay attention to anything going on in your world.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a step toward the WoW I want but honestly between Shadowlands, Classic, and FF14 it's still not good enough for me to devote more than a passing interest in. Frankly WoW needs to do something radical to truly make me invested again. And at this point I just don't think they have anything radical left in them, the world is just too fleshed out, the bad design ideas are too entrenched, the money just isn't there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Lots of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So far it doesn't. The changes seem well-intentioned but don't go far enough. From what I've seen, Shadowlands seems like a lukewarm apology to all the people who weren't satisfied with WOD/ Legion/BfA.
    /fixed imo

they lost a horde of players after MoP and havent had much cred with game design since. as much as everyone hated pandas and panda land, not many can say it lacked it class/game/play design. i think the dailies grind was the most hated part of the expansion and that was tame compared to things nowadays like pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Personally I absolutely hated BFA.

I don't think any game or movie has ever pissed me off so much. Now with Shadowlands there are new features that I do admit look nice but after BFA it feels... wrong to me.

Especially since everything in BFA felt as though was pushed through so we can get this expansion.
    How do you guys think about Shadowlands?

Was it all worth it with all these spoilers?
    It depends. BfA in terms of content was okay.
    For people who say 'but bfa had shit expenditions and warfronts! /babyrage', I tell them to look at the game without these.
    There was pvp, raiding and m+, just like literally every other expansion. There was never content other than that that was truly substantial in any expansion imo.

What BfA did wrong was class design, whether it was gcd, super low substats at start of expansion due to 3 big pieces having no secondaries, azerite traits being meh, and then later on, the alt unfriendlyness of azerite traits, essences and corruptions combined.

The latter is mostly game 'systems', rather than class design, and I feel like Blizzard did too little, too late, to fix all these (residuum vendor after 6 months, essence vendor after like 8 months, corruption vendor after 5 months, and on top of all of that, a substantial grind if you would want your alt to get full rank 3 essences or corruptions anyway).

So Shadowlands is good content wise already, since it will have nice leveling, good dungeons and m+, amazing raids most likely, and your usual pvp. But we still don't know their intent behind class design, and no word on secondary stats itemisation. Legendaries and soulbinds might fix classes, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

As for the secondary stats, I'd suggest either a return to legion's inflated start of expansion secondary stats, or getting the corruptions of haste/crit/vers/mastery from all sources as enchants, BUT with the following statement. ''Increases Crit/etc gained from all sources by 12% up to X(hard stat cap) amount.''

This means that for example at start of the expansion, you can go from 15% haste to 26% haste or something, but later on in the expansion, (let's say .2 raid patch), you can get up to 28% haste baseline, and then you get +11% still total from the enchants. So it would serve as a good boost that makes all classes play GOOD at the start of the expansion, while neither too good, or bad later down the line.

I hated corruptions with a passion, but having 6x expedients on my warlock, and having 62% baseline haste makes me dread the moment I will level up and have 5% haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

surumar was the only redeeming quality of legion IMO.

idk, i prefer to wait with statements like these until something is actually out

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to be positive but after legion and especially BfA car crashes im not too hopeful. i won't preorder, i'll wait till its out and see what everyone thinks of it first

I don't really hate bfa, outside of the extreme rng and crap systems and garbage gameplay of some specs.
    SL sounded promising but with each update sounds less good. Will have to wait and see.