Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My server is still High but yeah feels like it went to shit.

80% if not more, of the lfg channels is filled with selling DM buffs and selling ZG boosts, almost just like retail, with the occasional MC and ZG pugs and the rarer BWL.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Blizz just fucked up with things like bringing the worst version of AV, introducing layering and so on. Really killed my mood to play classic.
    guess you really cant recreat a 15 year old game without pissing off some part of the playerbase. who knew...

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    "you think you do....."

It will spike with every new tier and die out shortly after Naxx gets released

wait for TBC

untill it gets the same

So its pretty much like all of WoW. People show up when content comes out. Disappear when content is worn out.

Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Except it is a 100% proven fact tha all private servers were wrong on all numbers

This had been confirmed by every person who was running those pservers.

You can look at vanilla through rose tinted goggle all you want. Fact is you people who wanted it to be like pservers were wrong.
    This just shows you have no comprehension of what you're talking about, misunderstanding his point completely.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Blizz just fucked up with things like bringing the worst version of AV, introducing layering and so on. Really killed my mood to play classic.
    Yeah right, because without layering the player experience would be better...
    That people still whine about this is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Classic was always temporary imho and blizzard knows people will be back for shadowlands and there old expansions for while repeat the process then go back to the new expansion that year ext never ending cycle of a MMOrpg.
    Classic player here. Probably not touching Shadowlands. Fool me once (legion) shame on you, fool me twice (bfa) shame on me. Ill just not play WoW if classic gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    There are almost no big streamer , not to say there is none.

Almost no new youtube content.

It gets harder and harder, if not impossible to find groups for quests / dungeons while leveling

Many raid guilds seem to have just vanished or disbanded

People dont seem to talk much in all chat outside of the same ones again and again.

forums seem to be mostly empty/ some outrage over a blue post but not over the game

Is there any hope for classic to get popular again? maybe with naxx ? or is it better to just accept for now that until tbc it will be a little more quite?
    nah impossible becasue streamers aparently took new appraoch for shadowlands

they relaised that people are tired of their bitching so they are going now with ultra hype to make $$$$$$$ from views/subs.

classic is dead content for them because its not givign them any decent exposure to people who are willing to pay them $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No idea what this has to do with it, except for the fact that it was probably one of the biggest mistakes of Blizzard as far as patch releases are concerned.

Just to give you an idea, my guild has had exactly 0 Lok'amir.

So yeah, i'm fine with them roughly following the release schedule of Vanilla.
    Especially in the light of the fact that Phase 5 introduces a lot of catchup gear to 5man dungeons.

For example, once Phase 5 is out, it virtually has no point for casters to kill Onyxia, because 5man dungeons drop better loot.

And going by your commtent to get "TBC sooner", you're basically saying that you just want TBC ASAP, not the actual classic content.
    To be honest TBC ASAP is probably an attractive option for a lot of people. All that's left of Classic now is the AQ event -which with current player knowledge isn't going to last that long and will probably be borked in a dozen different ways-, and three raids including a fairly forgettable 20 man one. Oh, sure, BWL gearing isn't done yet for many but really, how long can one run an easy raid that has been on farm since week 1 for any self-respecting raiding guild? I'm sure loads enjoy it still, but others would probably like to get on with it already. And the population that doesn't raid hardly has anything new in terms of content to look forward to that isn't a temporary event. The classic and retail audiences aren't that different, people want new stuff and to live new experiences.

As far as I'm concerned the faster Classic and TBC are done, the sooner I can perhaps taste classic Wrath which I would far, far prefer. But I'm no Classic player of course so take that with a massive grain of salt.

Classic usually has popularity spikes when content comes out and drops when it's on farm. But yeah overall I think while Classic may show that Retail went too far, especially the past couple of years, it also shows a lot of changes were good for the game and trying to recreate a 15-year old game is doomed to fail, relatively speaking, because the people's approach is different. Everyone was expecting Classic to be this magical much harder WoW where you knew who was good and bad based on gear and all the "Wrathbabies" and "Cata scrubs" would learn what real progression is and see how much better the game used to be.

And instead it turned out to be a complete joke that makes LFR look like Mythic (maybe slightly exaggerated) and the entire game shifted with the prevalence of min-maxing and "meta" developed over 15 years making everything much easier (and a lot more toxic). People like to blame stuff like 1.12 talents or whatnot, but the #NoChanges crowd shot down any chance of telling Blizzard things would be a lot easier with those and they should inflate boss stats or something (like many private servers did) to compensate. So we got Vanilla as it was, and it shows how piss easy it was just people weren't so experienced and focused on min-maxing everything and sucking the fun out of everything to make it into a competition. So you have garbage like metagaming world buffs to the point of doing cross-faction collusion or blacklisting your own faction for not letting you reset it so it can be controlled and scheduled like a job.

You think you do, indeed. What people wanted was their memory of Vanilla when it was new and everything wasn't known and metagamed, which can never return.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2020-06-18 at 11:12 PM.

We're between content, with AQ in around 6 weeks.

It's also summer (after confinment\quarentene).

Yea, super 'weird' that those things have an impact on activity... damn.

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by joshuam113 View Post
    I'll never understand why retail players seem to get triggered by classic so much. maybe its an mmo champion thing.
    Jesus, with this post alone you triggered several.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    So its pretty much like all of WoW. People show up when content comes out. Disappear when content is worn out.

Good call.
    hahaha, exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    You think you do, indeed. What people wanted was their memory of Vanilla when it was new and everything wasn't known and metagamed, which can never return.
    I never even played vanilla except for leveling a bit right before TBC released and I've been playing classic since the August release. The last few expansions have all made me quit in like a couple months, if not less. So, hard pass on the tacky J. Allen Brack quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To be honest TBC ASAP is probably an attractive option for a lot of people.
    And some people also want to enjoy Classic.
    Your entire post virtually skips over Naxx 40, which is regarded as one of the raids with the lowest participation rates when it was current content - and even removed after a single expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    I never even played vanilla except for leveling a bit right before TBC released and I've been playing classic since the August release. The last few expansions have all made me quit in like a couple months, if not less. So, hard pass on the tacky J. Allen Brack quote.
    And I didn't play Vanilla at all, played Classic from launch until a couple weeks ago because I realized how the game has evolved mostly (not entirely) for the better and Classic is primitive and now ruined by the constant min-maxing and metagaming of everything which makes it have almost no resemblance to the game everyone claimed they really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And some people also want to enjoy Classic.
    Your entire post virtually skips over Naxx 40, which is regarded as one of the raids with the lowest participation rates when it was current content - and even removed after a single expansion.
    Skips over? I said Classic had 3 raids remaining, didn't I, and singled out AQ20 as the forgettable one. Of course Naxx40 will be popular, there's no denying that at all, and it's not as faceroll as BWL is so it'll last some time, but one raid can only be so popular and occupy the playerbse for so long, and after that Classic will be done, and lots of people will clamor for TBC more than they do now, especially those who don't raid. I imagine tons of PvPers will be chomping at the bits to get new BGs at last alongside arenas and a less retardedly grindy reward system, for instance.

I'm not saying TBC needs to release this year or bust. Obviously if it's going to be a thing, it'll be a mid 2021 thing at the earliest. Still, Blizzard is moving content at a good pace because whenever in classic or retail, no new content means a dwindling playerbase because people like new shit, especially in the game they pay a monthly sub for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    And I didn't play Vanilla at all, played Classic from launch until a couple weeks ago because I realized how the game has evolved mostly (not entirely) for the better and Classic is primitive and now ruined by the constant min-maxing and metagaming of everything which makes it have almost no resemblance to the game everyone claimed they really wanted.
    Subjective. While the game had evolved into a better one I'll agree on (BC through MoP), imo it started devolving again after MoP to a hollow, soulless "World of Diablocraft" hack n' slash-type game. I do think classic is mediocre compared to TBC and LK etc., but at least it feels like WoW.

The min-maxing isn't really a big deal either tbh. I'd say it's much worse on "retail" if you're looking for groups for mythic+/raids/PvP/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    This is about the time that every single private server died out. I fully expect it to become much much worse.

Everyone knew that Classic had a very limited life span.
    No it is what the rational people warned about and that of the #nochanges crowd did not want to believe. They thought it was going to be a wonderful paradise for years and years in classic game.

Of course Naxx40 will be popular, there's no denying that at all, and it's not as faceroll as BWL is so it'll last some time, but one raid can only be so popular and occupy the playerbse for so long
    And how is this an argument to speed Classic up?

One of the biggest mistakes that Blizzard has made in the past that they delivered mid raidtiers ASAP, then followed it up with a 10-14 month wait period, while sitting on the lat tier.
    and after that Classic will be done, and lots of people will clamor for TBC more than they do now, especially those who don't raid.
    I think those that do not raid at all in Classic have left it already - it's the only endgame you can do besides PvP after dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    Subjective. While the game had evolved into a better one I'll agree on (BC through MoP), imo it started devolving again after MoP to a hollow, soulless "World of Diablocraft" hack n' slash-type game. I do think classic is mediocre compared to TBC and LK etc., but at least it feels like WoW.

The min-maxing isn't really a big deal either tbh. I'd say it's much worse on "retail" if you're looking for groups for mythic+/raids/PvP/whatever.
    In Retails you can decide the level you want to play at, whether it be Mythic raider, casual heroic raider or pug raider and many other options depending on skill level, time commitment, etc. It is only worse in Retail if you want to make it worse, you have the choice of what type of player you want to be. In classic that choice is limited to dungeon, raider, pvp or walk around an empty forest. Those are what you are left with and raider or PVP are the only methods of advancing your character. Both of these have a level of commitment(pvp much higher)