Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

No reason why 4th specs should wait anymore

Seriously, looking at the difference between some specs in SL, you see a difference of two abilities and the rest is pretty much the same.

I hope SL starts to gradually add them. Warrior gladiator spec is basically a copy of prot, change a couple abilities animations and icon and you’re good to go! This would have to be the only selling point to get me back in WoW.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How would that be a selling point at all? If a 4th spec was just a couple animation changes then it would be the exact same thing, which would be completely pointless

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    How would that be a selling point at all? If a 4th spec was just a couple animation changes then it would be the exact same thing, which would be completely pointless
    Isn’t that the case with every class? Look at warriors for example...maybe just change the weapon type to make the spec stand out...

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Seriously, looking at the difference between some specs in SL, you see a difference of two abilities and the rest is pretty much the same.

I hope SL starts to gradually add them. Warrior gladiator spec is basically a copy of prot, change a couple abilities animations and icon and you’re good to go! This would have to be the only selling point to get me back in WoW.
    Blizzard can't balance current specs and you want a fourth spec...

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Blizzard can't balance current specs and you want a fourth spec...
    Not that they can’t balance them. They have been changing them for the sake of creating hype so players would come back to wow and try new ways of playing classes. If balance is an issue, like I said, simply copy an already existing spec and make cosmetic changes to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    “No reason” but you don’t acknowledge that there aren’t unique and different theme/class kits to use to make 4th specs? This reads as “I don’t care how you do it, just do it” and that ends up ruining more than fixing less.

Though i'm not against the idea of adding more specs to the game, why does every class need to have the same number of specs? We don't need rigid order. Different classes can have different numbers of specs, that's okay.

Players, to Blizzard: Why the fuck can't you balance 36 classes/specs?!

Also players, to Blizzard: Why the fuck don't you add more than 36 classes/specs?!

You know sometimes less is more when it comes to balance...

Marvel vs Capcom 2 has over 60 characters....4 are actualy viable

Skullgirls has 12...all are viable in some capacity

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

Also players, to Blizzard: Why the fuck don't you add more than 36 classes/specs?!
    Simply because people are playing the same game, doesn't mean they want the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Simply because people are playing the same game, doesn't mean they want the same thing.
    Regardless, it begs the question: If they can't balance what they have, why on God's green earth does anybody think that they'd be able to balance even more? One of the single most common criticisms I see of modern WoW is that things are "too homogenized," yet somehow the cure for this is adding more things to the game which will surely drive the game in a direction of... you guessed it... homogenization. It doesn't make sense.

Reason: they can't balance 3 specs per class as it is. Making more specs won't fix that.

It will never come... they are streamlining the classes, homogenising the specs further, dumbing them down even more.

ti's less work all around for them and people sill keep playing. They are not going add a 4th spec for each class and increase their work load 1000 fold. no matter how much you relish it.

You are young, or just naive, I was once like that, could only see the world in terms of my desires and my hopes - but I learnt wisdom, and found that just because I hoped for a thing didn't mean wit would happen. I have to make my own dreams come true,

if you want a 4th spec, you have to make it come true, get yourself employed at blizzard rise to Lead game director /developer and make your case for a 4th spec.

do most of the work likely by yourself and make the presentation with a system everyone would applaud you for.. then you can get your 4th spec

The majority of classes don't even have a fourth theme worth presenting as an additional spec. There are some ideas for a few classes, like Gladiator Stance as a spec for Warriors, but what would a fourth Priest spec even be? Rogue? Hunter? There's ample lack of reason to not add fourth specs to every class.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now introducing!
    10 versions for each spec!

For example...
    PRIEST:
    Shadow:
    Shadow from Vanilla
    Shadow from The Burning Crusade
    Shadow from The Wrath of the Lich King
    Shadow from Cataclysm
    Shadow from Mists of Pandaria
    Shadow from Warlords of Draenor
    Shadow from Legion
    Shadow from Battle for Azeroth (Corruptions coming soon!)

In a future patch we will offer even MORE versions by offering the different patch options too!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post

4th specs? Look how hard they try to balance the only class with 4 specs aka druid. IIRC a lot throughout bfa saw Guardian, healer, and range. They have a hard time balancing specs but a good time killing some like sub after mythic zul.

I see no reason why we should have 4th spec at all.

Make the 4th spec just generally do more dmg than the current other speccs.

Then in the next expansion you nerf them all to fall in line with the rest of the speccs again

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

I remember when wow had 30 specs and they changed completely every expansion.
    Do you remember?

I prefer something "new" to playing the exact same class for 6 years.
    But thats just me.

Well, a gladiator warrior is a dps which is different than a tank (obviously) so the difference in responsibility while still being sword and board could be appealing to some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Though i'm not against the idea of adding more specs to the game, why does every class need to have the same number of specs? We don't need rigid order. Different classes can have different numbers of specs, that's okay.
    agree broski
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself