Thread: Mythic+

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is OP trolling? M+ is the main thing keeping the game alive... Arena's are cheeks and raids get boring after a few weeks of clearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost10491 View Post
    1)I just can't get excited about getting an item upgrade that's the same exact item but now it's 15 ilvls higher. how exciting. this is really the biggest problem for me.

2)You hit the nail on the head with the esport thing. I feel like blizzard only cares about the esport side of wow now, and while i am somewhat competitive, i want more than grind grind grind the same dungeons for 2 years against this timer. if they took half the effort of esports, and put it into making pvp rewarding again, make professions more meaningful, raid sets would be cool, etc... not to mention it just brings out the elitist in people. I don't get psychologically stressed about it, like someone above said, but its really annoying when someone in the group makes one mistake and then whoops... there goes the rogue. guess fun time is over now, i'll just take my key and shove it up my... I guess that's what happens when you take an elite raiding guild name Elitist Jerks, and make them the game developers. Go figure.

3) there's so much gear being constantly thrown in, that I don't get excited about gear anymore.

Now I will say, I do like dungeons. I think it's cool that dungeons are now meaningful the whole expac. I just think it could be implemented a little differently.
    I guess they could try and spice things up by changing the gear around every season,also gear drops are getting reduced in shadowlands

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Is OP trolling? M+ is the main thing keeping the game alive... Arena's are cheeks and raids get boring after a few weeks of clearing it.
    well to be fair,most people dont clear mythic raids all that fast,plenty of guilds still havent killed nzoth that are trying

I really don’t get this.. Sure, M+ isn’t perfect. It has flaws. But what is the alternative? Should we really go back to a place where dungeons are irrelevant end game content? Should we go back to raids being the only content to progress? My answer is HELL NO. M+ is making dungeons relevant as end game content which is absolutely fantastic. A lot of players are exclusively playing M+ and nothing else. M+ got a lot of room for improvement, but as a core concept it is fantastic.

Mythic+ is like the only new feature besides world quests developed in the last 3-4 expansions that has actually stayed for more than 1 expansion without getting scrapped

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Game has 36 Specs, M+ has room for 5. Enter toxic meta's
    this attitude is issue, not M+ itself, unless you push very high keys where even less than 1% performance difference can be important you can play whatever the hell you want in m+

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Removing the weekly chest reward would go a long way towards helping with this, but would also probably kick general m+ participation figures off a cliff.
    or you just do one +15 dungeon per week. That's literally it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    this attitude is issue, not M+ itself, unless you push very high keys where even less than 1% performance difference can be important you can play whatever the hell you want in m+
    there are some classes/specs that have it really hard in M+ in specific weeks, though. The underperforming classes need to be played by some beastly players who make up for it with personal skill. But considering the fact that many players do one M+ per week with alts, they aren't really all that good with their chars oftentimes. When I see a priest heal try to join my group, then I'd rather wait another minute in hopes that anyone else pops up, because I had some really bad experience with priest heals in dungeons.

Imo Season 3 of BfA mythics is the coolest idea they had in a long time. Those pillars are a genius idea and are especially cool in non-linear dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    there are some classes/specs that have it really hard in M+ in specific weeks, though.
    well on 15 or less keys spec is not a problem if you have proper gear, and on higher sure, there are some classes/specs that perform badly, but thats the case for high end in every area of wow gameplay, so its not really "m+ issue"

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well on 15 or less keys spec is not a problem if you have proper gear, and on higher sure, there are some classes/specs that perform badly, but thats the case for high end in every area of wow gameplay, so its not really "m+ issue"
    underperforming classes underperform on the whole spectrum. They underperform in M+20 or higher and therefore won't be picked there. But they also underperform in M+15 and the player has to make up the difference by being really good with his class. It's just that at some point, at the cutting edge, player skill won't be able to cover up the problems of the underperforming class.

Same in arena. Everyone could get to 2k with pretty much any spec. But it's significantly easier to reach 2k with destro these days than it is to reach 2k with retri, for example. A retri player has to be a way better player to reach the same rating as a destro player needs to be. And that's the same in Mythic+. A priest heal has to be way better to reach the same performance a MW Monk can output, for example. It doesn't matter if it's M+10 or M+25. The priest player has to put in more effort and if you play with randoms, you are taking a gamble if you pick a priest over a monk heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

All your problems with mythuc+ (other than not being excited about loot) vanish instantly if you play with your friends instead of pugging.
    Considering the amounts of whines regarding M+ I think this is not an option for most players.

The progression system is flawed. You can basically reach somewhere between ilvl 445-450 without setting foot in M+. At that point either you raid at least HC (but in this case you don’t probably need help with M+ because you can just guild them) or you need at least a +7 to earn meaningful gear.

But you never set foot in M+, so you have no rio, so if you are a dps you won’t get invited in pugs no matter what. You are forced to run a lot of useless +2/+6 in order to gain some score.

I wish I would get loot thats an actual upgrade for certain pieces I'm wearing, then I would bother to run it some more. I'm brewmaster tanking with a 410 blue staff I got from world quests. Over the past few weeks, I was lucky enough to squeeze myself into mythic plus runs, only to get loot that was technically only a few ilvl upgrade for what I already had. Still no new staff, so I'm hindered on further pushes and keystone progress.

They should add more cosmetic rewards to M+. People love that shit. Artifact weapons were popular in Legion because of the appearances. In WOD people were doing challenge mode to get transmog. People love it! We need some cool looking transmogs which you need to be good to get. Give skilled players some exclusive transmog and bad plyer just need to get better if they also want it... or buy boosts whatever..

Anybody else feel mythic+ was the worst thing to ever get developed in wow?
    Yes I feel the same, rather they go back to that other mode.

3) there's so much gear being constantly thrown in, that I don't get excited about gear anymore.
    dont worry, shadowlands will fix this. and people are going to be furious lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Basically yes.

Game has 36 Specs, M+ has room for 5. Enter toxic meta's
    Loot table's don't change each season, so lets farm the exact same gear just at a higher ilvl.
    BFA in particular, Trash boss is real.

Honestly, if in SL you can earn your weekly PvE chest via all PvE content (like the PvP one), I'm not sure I'll bother M+. No doubt Blizzard expect this however so they'll make raid gear trash compared to M+.
    nah. they will just make less gear drop so that if you dont do some m+ you will end up taking considerably longer to get geared.

its coming people. get ready to be salty.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I wish I would get loot thats an actual upgrade for certain pieces I'm wearing, then I would bother to run it some more. I'm brewmaster tanking with a 410 blue staff I got from world quests. Over the past few weeks, I was lucky enough to squeeze myself into mythic plus runs, only to get loot that was technically only a few ilvl upgrade for what I already had. Still no new staff, so I'm hindered on further pushes and keystone progress.
    This is another huge issue but it’s not related to M+ only.

For a not really understandable reason, in this expansion obtaining trinkets and weapons is a freaking nightmare.

You are literally flooded with everything apart from weaps and trinkets.

Alla of my alts are around 450 and most of them have WQ weaps/trinkets of 415-420 ilvl. And for chars that can equip a one hand plus shield is even worse, with my resto shaman the weap emissary (the rare times he’s up) always drops a one handed 445 but NEVER a shield or a 2H, so I have always to stick with my 415 staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    get ready to be salty.
    People will bitch and moan no matter what Blizzard does anyway. /shrug

It's a given. More loot, less loot, all the same end result.

I don’t think it’s a terrible thing to have, but I’m not a fan of it being almost mandatory for ilvl upgrades for content I’d rather do.
    The ilvl scaling means trinkets and weapons can actually remain BiS for the entirety of an xpac, as well as containing indirect upgrade style things, such as having AP in Legion, or now having Echoes for corruptions/essences upgrades.
    It’s a nice idea and great concept for things to do outside of raid, as well as an alternative to raiding. The issue is that they are compliments to each other and that makes it not as good as it could be (personal opinion).

m+ is the best addition to the game in recent time. However, it's giving too high ilvl loot in BfA. Especially as it is extremely unbalanced. Ilvl focus needs to stay on raids to keep guilds and the game alive. Legion m+ ilvl base was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I stopped doing m+ after season 2 in BfA. Because m+ is now more exclusive than raiding it turns many people off the game.
    It really isn't. It's just that people who are struggling with 10s want to do 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's pretty good, it's still popular unlike many features that were dead on arrival, like warfronts and islands. M+ is maybe not my favourite way of playing the game though since most the affixes do not add any entertainment value, there is nothing fun for example about having a sanguinar mechanic while fighting a mob that likes to stand still and cast.. There isn't any fun in a mechanic where you as a player have little to no chance of dealing with the mechanic in any reasonable way.

If the dungeons were tightly designed around M+ and the affixes it'd be better, but then I don't think dungeons should be, I think dungeon design becomes massively stale when it's based around mechanics and high level competitive play, which is where these affixes become a real thing... There are a lot of improvements that could be made, but it's definitely one of the best and most popular features added in years.
    All features that do not provide meaningful gear rewards are basically dead on arrival (maybe Thorgast won’t but I’m not so sure).

No one with a working brain will do a warfront more than once since he won’t receive any reward from the following ones.

Absolutely, yes. It's cancer that is completely counter to how an mmo should be played, as is its reward structure.