Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK Path of Frost Drop Deaths

So never thought I run into a dumb scenario but happened tonight. During NL dg run in legion a dipshit DK activated ice walk when I was dropping into the pool causing my death. Joked around and playfully asked for a repair. No response just silence. Turned jaded and didn't attack for the next 25% of dungeon (got a appearance drop on plate I never got back then, so a small victory) and then got rightfully kicked but I mean damn apologize for the shitty death and at least when someone has noticed the ridiculous of the situation have a decency to acknowledge the situation in some way. Ugh shitty timing and hope the kid was just ignorant to what just happened (cuz that's another dumb angle, since I was delayed by a few secs which makes more sense on how it happened).

Bottom line just asking if anyone else mistakenly done this and just passed it off as if it never happened. Or subsequently laughed and apologized because the timing was impeccable.

It's your mistake.
    #1 rule if a DK or Shaman is in Group: watch downwards if jumping into water.
    He used it when he already was in water, as this helps him and the others getting out of it faster. Totally his right to use this abilitiy.
    It's completely his decision if he answers you. No reason to apologize at all.
    No one HAS TO socialize.
    You HAVE TO take part in fights.

OT: Doesn't happen to me, as I know how to avoid these deaths. If it happens to someone else, why should I care? Sometimes I just tell them to turn the camera down, that's it.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-06-22 at 07:11 AM.

sorry princess but this one is on you

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn to hold rmb and look down.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

There's a high probability this happened on purpose and he was likely AFK from laughing at your entitled drama queen hissy fit.

He's an idiot for activating PoF before everyone was in the water. Although in fairness I'm struggling to see how a dk could beat anyone anywhere.

You're an asshole for throwing a tantrum over one death, like have you been playing wow for a day? Have you never been gripped to death by a priest? MCd off a cliff? Had a mage port you to the dal crater? Been levitated as you jump off a cliff so you just slowly float to death or into a pack of mobs?

Lol you people twist this so much it’s hilarious. It’s like you need a video log of what exactly happened to stop presumptions, and even then you’ll probably say the exact same thing.

Bottom line happened so quick was shocked when I saw the what happened to me. Said two things after this, once asking if he meant to do it/mixing in the repair cost joke and another laughing when I got radio silence. When typing this last night, brushed it off as maybe horrible timing and wrote the way I did, asking if anyone else has a story like this. Lol how am I the asshole only for doing something I couldn’t control as many of you mention, while wrongfully mixing it in with my protest afterwards and getting rightfully kicked. A quick conversation can bridge any issues irl or anywhere else, promoting the freedom to ignore is just awful response to solving anything.

You remind me of that 3eb song Self Righteous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    He's an idiot for activating PoF before everyone was in the water. Although in fairness I'm struggling to see how a dk could beat anyone anywhere.

You're an asshole for throwing a tantrum over one death, like have you been playing wow for a day? Have you never been gripped to death by a priest? MCd off a cliff? Had a mage port you to the dal crater? Been levitated as you jump off a cliff so you just slowly float to death or into a pack of mobs?
    Tauren warrior, I move like I’m in the cavity creeper club, slow and stomping. Spilt second moment, like I said timing was impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    So never thought I run into a dumb scenario but happened tonight. During NL dg run in legion a dipshit DK activated ice walk when I was dropping into the pool causing my death. Joked around and playfully asked for a repair. No response just silence. Turned jaded and didn't attack for the next 25% of dungeon (got a appearance drop on plate I never got back then, so a small victory) and then got rightfully kicked but I mean damn apologize for the shitty death and at least when someone has noticed the ridiculous of the situation have a decency to acknowledge the situation in some way. Ugh shitty timing and hope the kid was just ignorant to what just happened (cuz that's another dumb angle, since I was delayed by a few secs which makes more sense on how it happened).

Bottom line just asking if anyone else mistakenly done this and just passed it off as if it never happened. Or subsequently laughed and apologized because the timing was impeccable.
    So, why do you care so much?

I didn't know we have Karens in WoW now. Damn I wish I could meet one.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    So, why do you care so much?

I didn't know we have Karens in WoW now. Damn I wish I could meet one.
    I cared to ask if anyone done this accidentally or purpose before. Timing was extremely impeccable so either accidental or intentional. Lol next time I’ll leave out the background and just get straight to the substance.

Anyway saw something new last night and that’s how it unfolded. When it’s like year 15 and your 10th alt doing an old dungeon, it’s extremely easy to take it as they did it was done on purpose (due to lack of a response) and walk through the dungeon not doing anything. Took them a boss to realize what I was doing and totally justifiable in kicking me.

Can’t wait to see another post saying well you we’re slow as shit so you prob deserve it which is another derailed derivative of the conversation. Prob shouldn’t of posted in dungeons, as this subject is benign to actually dungeon/raid running.

That's the way she blows son. Git gud and learn to be more of a silverback next time.

I cared to ask if anyone done this accidentally or purpose before. Timing was extremely impeccable so either accidental or intentional. Lol next time I’ll leave out the background and just get straight to the substance.

Anyway saw something new last night and that’s how it unfolded. When it’s like year 15 and your 10th alt doing an old dungeon, it’s extremely easy to take it as they did it was done on purpose (due to lack of a response) and walk through the dungeon not doing anything. Took them a boss to realize what I was doing and totally justifiable in kicking me.

Can’t wait to see another post saying well you we’re slow as shit so you prob deserve it which is another derailed derivative of the conversation. Prob shouldn’t of posted in dungeons, as this subject is benign to actually dungeon/raid running.
    Silence doesn't confirm guilt. Just means people didn't care to converse (which for dungeon leveling is pretty common).

Either way waterwalking trolling has been around since the TBC days, can get old sometimes but I don't see any reason to be petulant about it. Only person's time you wasted here was your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Silence doesn't confirm guilt. Just means people didn't care to converse (which for dungeon leveling is pretty common).

Either way waterwalking trolling has been around since the TBC days, can get old sometimes but I don't see any reason to be petulant about it. Only person's time you wasted here was your own.
    And theirs with the afking too. He doesn't even see that he's in the wrong, nothing to discuss here, at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Take this as a learning experience: don't post whining shit, won't receive these kinds of replies.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    There's a high probability this happened on purpose and he was likely AFK from laughing at your entitled drama queen hissy fit.
    Can confirm, I do this on purpose in LFR because it makes me laugh and means nothing.

The best place to kill people with path of frost was Trial of the Crusader when the floor broke after the 4th boss.

Many other locations in recent content don't cause fall damage, like the drop after the first boss in Crucible of Storms.

HAHAHAHA, as a shaman I try to water walk kill people all the time when given the chance, same with swap blaster

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    The best place to kill people with path of frost was Trial of the Crusader when the floor broke after the 4th boss.

Many other locations in recent content don't cause fall damage, like the drop after the first boss in Crucible of Storms.
    The drop to Iron Maidens in BRF sure did. The funniest experience there was entirely self-inflicted though. One of our shamans had the glyph that would auto-cast water walking when you enter ghost wolf form, and he completely forgot this fact every. Single. Week. Oh, the rage and laughter in Mumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    My raid leader in TOGC and ICC used to RAGE about that. As in, absolutely-kicked-a-DK-from-the-guild-over-this rage.

As other people have pointed out, where your camera is facing has an impact on whether water walking will take priority so using RMB can and will actually save your life in the future. Having a habit to face the water when falling lethal distances can and will save your bacon once in a while in these group situations. Yes, it kind of sucks you have to be pre-emptive about it, but there is a great deal of satisfaction of on the one day ruining the troll by being one of the people who managed to be holding your camera down.

DKs used to have a glyph so that Path of Frost, ironically, would reduce fall damage. It didn't reduce it by a lot at all... if this kind of glyph interaction ever came back in the future, I'd hope it would reduce the fall damage by more.

Hold RMB like any player since WotLK with drops and a DK in a group.

If you are SLOWER and JUMP after the DK, you deserve every death for first beeing slower in a dungeon/raid as the DK and second for your lack of knowledge about simply holding the RMB while jumping.

My WotLK guild started to gold charge players who died to Path of Frost falling damage in raids, because it just outed the AFK/Autorun players.
    -