Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde What will happen with kael'thas? Spoilers

Like the title says. Will we see the glorious sunking return to his people? Aka blood elves. What did blizzard plan with him in shadowlands? I'm grateful for hearing your thoughts on this. Have fun discussing.

They ceased being "his people" the moment he left them for death. To make matters worse he joined the legion, who effectively tried to kill them all.
    And those he took with him to outland; well we took care of those already.

So what makes you think the elves of Silvermoon would ever take him back?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    They ceased being "his people" the moment he left them for death. To make matters worse he joined the legion, who effectively tried to kill them all.
    And those he took with him to outland; well we took care of those already.

So what makes you think the elves of Silvermoon would ever take him back?
    Because he makes atonement in shadowlands. Revendreth to be specific. It was datamined

Probably something like "Thanks for saving me heroes I sure am sorry for working for WoW satan that one time. I know you want me to come back and lead the high/blood/void/dead elves but my place is here now ruling he venthyr. Also, before I go I'll applaud lor'themar for his non-toxic masculinity and crown him king! Or better yet suggest Quel'thalas should be ruled by an equitable nontoxic council representing all the races in its lands"

At which point his character model just glitches through the floor and when the quest completes you get given 50 gold and a normal mode ilvl caster ring.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-06-24 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Probably something like "Thanks for saving me heroes I sure am sorry for working for WoW satan that one time. I know you want me to come back and lead the high/blood/void/dead elves but my place is here now ruling he venthyr. Also, before I go I'll applaud lor'themar for his non-toxic masculinity and crown him king! Or better yet suggest Quel'thalas should be ruled by an equitable nontoxic council representing all the races in its lands"

At which point his character model just glitches through the flaw and when the quest completes you get given 50 gold and a normal mode ilvl caster ring.
    I hope blizzard has something good in mind for his story.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Because he makes atonement in shadowlands. Revendreth to be specific. It was datamined
    To make a meaningful atonement he would have to labor hard for centuries and have no leadership role again, serving at the beck and call of his people instead.

And his people should scorn him like night elves scorn Illidan for a very long time.

That's not how public opinion works.

The majority of azeroth's populace will not even know we met him.
    Not to speak about knowing an evil campire tortured him in his castle... which shouldn't really be much of a salvation, since he was forced into it in the 1st place.

He probably will become important in Revendreth and serve the venthyr as he should have served the sin’dorei.
    But he will certainly stay in the Shadowlands. As should all these dead characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    He probably will become important in Revendreth and serve the venthyr as he should have served the sin’dorei.
    But he will certainly stay in the Shadowlands. As should all these dead characters.
    I have my bets that multiple characters will return with us. Uther, Draka and Kael to be specific.

I wager his most meaningful impact on the lore beyond Shadowlands is giving Lor'themar character development, maybe even elevate him to a proper leader status. Even if perpetual regency can be a thing it's not common or popular. One of Kael's last edicts was declaring his father the last king of Quel'thalas, so it feels right he would renounce that, opening the path for Lor'themar to form a real dynasty.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my bets that multiple characters will return with us. Uther, Draka and Kael to be specific.
    Dude, they are dead.

You aren't visiting the farm, you are going to the realm of the dead. You can't bring shit from that place back to Azeroth.

Kael'thas is laboring to redeem his soul, not his reputation with the Blood Elves. That is gone. He's the traitor prince and nothing more forever unless Blizzard bullshits a way to bring him back into the realm of the living.

But that would be bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Dude, they are dead.

You aren't visiting the farm, you are going to the realm of the dead. You can't bring shit from that place back to Azeroth.

Kael'thas is laboring to redeem his soul, not his reputation with the Blood Elves. That is gone. He's the traitor prince and nothing more forever unless Blizzard bullshits a way to bring him back into the realm of the living.

But that would be bullshit.
    Bullshit is another word for Blizzards writing.

Kael returning is highly possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Bullshit is another word for Blizzards writing.

Kael returning is highly possible.
    Very possible indeed. I can't wait for what blizzard has planned for him. He's afaik by favorite character.

They will redeem him, which is basically already confirmed by his dungeon journal entry. Blizzard are aware that their fucking him up during TBC is generally hated by the fanbase. Imo the mention of Kael'thas in that Lor'themar x Thalyssra short story was some kind of foreshadowing that Lor'themar and Kael will meet and have some kind of conversation.

I'm not sure he will return after Shadowlands, they might give him the Illidan treatment and bring im back during the expansion and afterwards he will remain in the Shadowlands and receive a "proper" farewell or whatever.

I'm still scared of what the current writers will do to him though. They managed to ruin plenty of characters, and they already like to take a dump on him whenever they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas can probably admit Lor'themar has spent more years leading his people than he ever did and he should probably keep at it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm he ascended to the next level of the Kyrian......he ain't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

At which point his character model just glitches through the floor and when the quest completes you get given 50 gold and a normal mode ilvl caster ring.
    "Gratz, champions. Ah, btw, my bad for that legion stuff."
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Kael'thas can probably admit Lor'themar has spent more years leading his people than he ever did and he should probably keep at it
    He might being the next leader of the Venthyr. Who knows. There are plenty of opportunities to use him again.

Jaina went from Traitor to Leader of Kul Tiras rather quickly...so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Dude, they are dead.

Maybe pay some attention next time. During the Shadowlands reveal Blizzard already talked about certain characters coming back with us.

Kael'thas getting a redemption storyline creates a big possibility he's one of the returning characters.