Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It's honestly like a 5 or 6 out of 10. Not a 1 because people don't like the story, and not a 10 because people just love TLoU. It's right in the middle, a little better than average, but so was the first game. The only difference is, the first one rode on the back of its story, which carried it up to about an 8 overall, whereas this one just doesn't have it. As much as I appreciate you having to play the game a little differently than most in the second half, there really isn't that a whole lot there beyond that, and the ending was just.

Well, you know.
    It's definitely not a 10 but I find 5 or 6 to be quite strict. If you put things in perspective, despite some divisive decisions, TLOU 2 is a much superior game than Uncharted 4. It does much better in almost every single aspect: narration, story, gameplay, graphics, audio, level design, etc... I can see why people don't appreciate the story but I don't find that enough to deny the rest of the qualities and the massive improvements over the previous game of the same developers that is scored 8.5 (which is a little too high IMO). I'm about 20 hours in and so far, it's a solid 8 for me. I'll have to see if the ending gives it an extra point, or the opposite.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2020-06-24 at 02:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I'm posting fair and valid gameplay and literary reviews of the game on the game's discussion thread. If that's an issue for you it's not me that's full of shit.
    Hey if you want to post garbage to try and get a rise out of people go ahead it’s not my thing but you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Herm...Kallisto is right...he is "one of those"

Proof:
    there is one truth the games story was butchered to pander to some people. if you cant see it you simple turn a blind eye

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    there is one truth the games story was butchered to pander to some people. if you cant see it you simple turn a blind eye
    What are some examples of the story being butchered to pander to some people?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What are some examples of the story being butchered to pander to some people?
    The fact that Anita scam-rceesian was involved is enough proof

7+ Year Old Account
    So you don’t have actual examples? Just more vague nonsense?

One day someone is gonna post proof of this that isn't some guy on YouTube that heard it from his cousin's best friends second wife's nieces dogsitters neighbor he chatted with one night while they were getting super high.

That's not an example though, that's just an unproven whine.

I played it and really enjoyed it, I'm not sure if I enjoyed it more than the first one, but while the gameplay is similar, the actual storyline felt different, less race against time and more watching the characters lose their humanity and descend into madness almost.

I'm not sure what people are hating on with the storyline, is everything portrayed perfectly no, but I'm not sure what could be riling up the neckbeards so much other than the typical 'i hate sjws' schtick.

Fiiiinally played the game. I dunno. If having random enemies go "Oh no, x is dead! Not x!" is supposed to make gimme feels, then it ain't workin' on me. Maybe a couple of times at first it got a reaction, but I sorta stopped caring after an hour or so.

I just can't feel for Abby much. I know Joel wasn't a good person and what he did at the end of the first game wasn't a good thing in the long run, but dammit, I would've done the exact same thing in his shoes.

I get it. Abby's just seeking revenge and in turn, Ellie seeks revenge, but it feels like a double standard at the end. Abby loses most of the people, but still has her love interest and does kill Joel. Meanwhile, Ellie stops herself from killing Abby in the end, but by then has lost everything. So vengeance is hollow and you shouldn't seek it, but then that happens.

Also, if there's DLC and we don't get to play as Tommy, I'm gonna be upset. That guy is a badass and I want to see his journey in this game more than Abby's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Fiiiinally played the game. I dunno. If having random enemies go "Oh no, x is dead! Not x!" is supposed to make gimme feels, then it ain't workin' on me. Maybe a couple of times at first it got a reaction, but I sorta stopped caring after an hour or so.

I just can't feel for Abby much. I know Joel wasn't a good person and what he did at the end of the first game wasn't a good thing in the long run, but dammit, I would've done the exact same thing in his shoes.

I get it. Abby's just seeking revenge and in turn, Ellie seeks revenge, but it feels like a double standard at the end. Abby loses most of the people, but still has her love interest and does kill Joel. Meanwhile, Ellie stops herself from killing Abby in the end, but by then has lost everything. So vengeance is hollow and you shouldn't seek it, but then that happens.

Also, if there's DLC and we don't get to play as Tommy, I'm gonna be upset. That guy is a badass and I want to see his journey in this game more than Abby's.
    If your talking about lev he’s not abbies love interest he’s just a kid she has tagging along/is protecting much like Joel and ellie in the first game.

abbie sticks with her support group for her revenge and it cost her all of her friends her actual love interest (Owen) and her community. Ellie on the other hand abandons her support group and ends up only losing a friend and Joel with it still being possible to rekindle things with Dina as she’s till alive. Over all Abbie comes off worse for the exchange even if she did get her revenge which didn’t actually change any thing as she’s still having nightmares about her fathers death:

I would like for DLC to focus on Idaho. The characters make reference several times to the horrors of Idaho and the story seems to intentionally skip the part of the Jackson-ites journey to Seattle. I do love the use of American regionalism in this game and would like more exploration of those aspects in the series.

This is also like the most Humanistic game I have ever played. Pretty bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If your talking about lev he’s not abbies love interest he’s just a kid she has tagging along/is protecting much like Joel and ellie in the first game.

abbie sticks with her support group for her revenge and it cost her all of her friends her actual love interest (Owen) and her community. Ellie on the other hand abandons her support group and ends up only losing a friend and Joel with it still being possible to rekindle things with Dina as she’s till alive. Over all Abbie comes off worse for the exchange even if she did get her revenge which didn’t actually change any thing as she’s still having nightmares about her fathers death:
    Quite possible with Level. I am terrible at reading people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Quite possible with Level. I am terrible at reading people.
    I had thought the same thing at first as the siblings didn’t look they young pre time skip but there apparently young likely teens.

There won't be any DLC. There could be a $39.99 smaller scope game like Uncharted The Lost Legacy, and agree with Fencers that Idaho might be a prime setting for that. But actual story DLC is not happening, not after ND was disappointed in how many people bothered to play Left Behind(even when it was free in the PS4 version).

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished it few mins ago and will give my honest opinion about it personally:

Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound tracks: 8/10
    Story: 7/10
    Total score: 8/10

I don't mind simple revenge storyline and I didn't mind the way Joel met his end, (I am a fan of dark and deaths storyline really) but the main reason why I give story this score totally because of how Joel acted out of character and stupid by giving his real name to total strangers, I mean what the hell happen to the super paranoid careful Joel of the first game where he doesn't trust one not even young Ellie when Tess first brought her?

I personally care about gameplay more than the story when it comes to video games even games like the last of us anyway. Is it as bad as the people keep saying? hell no but is it as masterpiece as the first game? hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    One day someone is gonna post proof of this that isn't some guy on YouTube that heard it from his cousin's best friends second wife's nieces dogsitters neighbor he chatted with one night while they were getting super high.

That's not an example though, that's just an unproven whine.
    One day people will stop sugar coating mess

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I don't mind simple revenge storyline and I didn't mind the way Joel met his end, (I am a fan of dark and deaths storyline really) but the main reason why I give story this score totally because of how Joel acted out of character and stupid by giving his real name to total strangers, I mean what the hell happen to the super paranoid careful Joel of the first game where he doesn't trust one not even young Ellie when Tess first brought her?
    I mean did you even pay attention to the flashbacks showing you Joel wasn't the same person anymore? He settled down and tried to live a "normal" life. Not to mention Tommy introduced himself first and it wouldn't have taken them long to figure it out anyways and it would have changed nothing. This seems like a silly critique for what is actually showing Joel isn't the same guy he was 4 years ago. And that's the point...

Would you of rather had some scene where Tommy and Joel get tortured to talk about where Joel is only for him to die anyways? Because that would of been the result and shown no character growth in Joel over the 4 years. Highly unimaginative.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't see any proof Anita worked on the game. Stop writing checks you can't cash.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-24 at 04:17 PM.

That's not a source.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can’t even point out why it’s a mess or give a single example of them but Butchering the story to pander. Your opinion doesn’t seem worth much when you can’t even explain why you hold it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean did you even pay attention to the flashbacks showing you Joel wasn't the same person anymore? He settled down and tried to live a "normal" life. Not to mention Tommy introduced himself first and it wouldn't have taken them long to figure it out anyways and it would have changed nothing. This seems like a silly critique for what is actually showing Joel isn't the same guy he was 4 years ago. And that's the point...

Would you of rather had some scene where Tommy and Joel get tortured to talk about where Joel is only for him to die anyways? Because that would of been the result and shown no character growth in Joel over the 4 years. Highly unimaginative.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't see any proof Anita worked on the game. Stop writing checks you can't cash.

Look I do pay attention ok? Yes I know the fact that Joel got softer over the course of time between the end of the first game and the second game which is 4 years. I know that fact ok?

Still it doesn't excuse him for being super stupid since he had lived on that post apocalypse world for at least over 20+ years. For someone with that kind of experience in that kind of world? even if he soften up a little bit he should still remain careful and better than that specially with total strangers.