Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Jesus fucking christ it was a big misunderstanding, can't you people fucking see that?

Mass protests across the US and cops trying to invoke civil war.

Black guy who WORKS WITH a lot of racist assholes sees a noose in his garage

The internet needs to be destroyed. Shit like this needs to stop.
    wow... so much misinformation in your post I'm not sure where to start...

1, Most people here seem to understand it was a misunderstanding and that Bubba wasn't a target.
    2, !rrelavent
    3, Bubba never seen the noose. It was reported by his crew to Nascar who then started the investigation.
    4, What needs to stop is people trying to make informed opinions while being wholly misinformed.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean it's been a pointless fucking argument to begin with, but is anyone gonna continue arguing that it's "totally not a noose"? Because that's a fucking noose, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Again, not a hate crime. But it's a fucking noose, and it absolutely justifies the extreme caution that NASCAR took when they were first made aware of it.
    It borders on fucking insanity that they even used that as an argument to begin with.

I mean, I know it was a burning cross in your lawn, but it was a tiny burning cross, barely a cross, more like an upside down lower case T.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    It borders on fucking insanity that they even used that as an argument to begin with.

I mean, I know it was a burning cross in your lawn, but it was a tiny burning cross, barely a cross, more like an upside down lower case T.
    "Also, crosses functions were to crucify people! You can't crucify people on such a flimsy cross! It can't be a cross at all!"

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Here's an alternate use of a "noose". Called a parade knot.

You can use a "noose" to tie a ship to a pier. Not the best knot for it but it will work and it is easy to undo. There are much better knots for it and a slice is better since knots make a rope weaker.
    Shit, NASCAR has horses driving and working on their cars?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There is literally 0 reason to use a noose knot in sailing, when there are other knots which are A) simpler and B) more secure. It has one use, and it's to hang people by the neck.
    Go ahead and preach to the sailors brother, should make for a good comedy.
    But also make sure to visit this event https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_Ships%27_Races and see the hangmans knot aplenty.

Anyway, hanging people by the neck is an ancient capital punishment.
    But somehow the 200 years old country of USA managed to make it a racist symbol.
    Lol.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2020-06-25 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You're seriously still trying to play this idiotic game after a picture of the noose in question was shown?
    I'm saying if it was a proper noose why didn't it close in on itself when it was in use, the very definition of what a noose is?

(other odd stuff included like more than one picture of doors with looped knots and then the clean rope (just happened to be brand new at the end of the last season?) etc etc but I'll let other think about those.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I'm saying if it was a proper noose why didn't it close in on itself when it was in use, the very definition of what a noose is?

(other odd stuff included like more than one picture of doors with looped knots and then the clean rope (just happened to be brand new at the end of the last season?) etc etc but I'll let other think about those.)
    Don't know if you ever closed a garage door with a rope or not, but you normally grab the rope at a spot above your head. Most likely it didn't slip because people didn't pull on the loop itself and grabbed higher up.

Occam's razor.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Anyway, hanging people by the neck is an ancient capital punishment.
    But somehow the 200 years old country of USA managed to make it a racist symbol.
    Lol.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchi..._United_States

I mean, if you're historically ignorant of the US, even the past few decades, sure. I guess you could believe this.

Don't know if you ever closed a garage door with a rope or not, but you normally grab the rope at a spot above your head. Most likely it didn't slip because people didn't pull on the loop itself and grabbed higher up.

Occam's razor.....
    Even then the chances of you pulling on it above the knot and it pulling it close seem slim you would not pull the loop closed.

Even then the chances of you pulling on it above the knot and it pulling it close seem slim you would not pull the loop closed.
    Or maybe... just maybe it was put there on the way out being it was put there during the last race???

And why are you arguing functionality?

Earlier you were arguing that other garages had ropes well according to nascar out of all the ropes they found only one was a noose. So you seemed ready to concede the issue if the other knots weren't also noose shapes.. so why are you still arguing?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Or maybe... just maybe it was put there on the way out being it was put there during the last race???

And why are you arguing functionality?

Earlier you were arguing that other garages had ropes well according to nascar out of all the ropes they found only one was a noose. So you seemed ready to concede the issue if the other knots weren't also noose shapes.. so why are you still arguing?

because to be a noose it has to pull shut (in the other thread you seemed a stickler for exact definitions) and below is the one for noose.

1 : a loop with a slipknot that binds closer the more it is drawn
    2 : something that snares like a noose

because to be a noose it has to pull shut (in the other thread you seemed a stickler for exact definitions) and below is the one for noose.

#NotAllNooses

Or if we're being cheeky about it

#KnotAllNooses

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? If you aren't pulling on the loop what would pull the loop closed?

hmm now it's not a plan "noose" it's a garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose..

not just a "noose"

Hmm, usually when someone says fashioned do they say it's is that thing or do they mean it just looks like something?????

wonder why it was worded like that and not just the "noose" on the garage door rope?

You know what the word symbol means???

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    You are oddly hung up on this like it's something important..... Why? What does it matter if it was a workable noose?

Why? If you aren't pulling on the loop what would pull the loop closed?
    Most knots like that will also close from what I've seen if you pull the knot right above itself and still close the loop and most of the reason people put knots or grabs on it in the first place it's hard to just pull on the plan rope with out it slipping some.

*on a side not why is NASCAR so dam cheap they can't put electric door on the stalls????

not just a "noose"
    Facepalm
    They never said that.

wonder why it was worded like that and not just the "noose" on the garage door rope?
    Double Facepalm.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You know what the word symbol means???
    it is a normal symbol for a noose to be on the end of a garage door rope?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most knots like that will also close from what I've seen if you pull the knot right above itself and still close the loop and most of the reason people put knots or grabs on it in the first place it's hard to just pull on the plan rope with out it slipping some.

*on a side not why is NASCAR so dam cheap they can't put electric door on the stalls????
    If that rope is about waist-chest height like I've seen in the other pictures, people are grabbing it a couple feet above the knot... Again have you ever closed a garage door with a rope?