Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Missing Human Customisation

I was levelling my cute gnome when I ran into this NPC and realised that this human look hasn't been announced as an option in the Shadowlands Alpha.

I think it should be an option given that it is closer to what some of us look like

I'd love to have my mage/warlock/priest actually look less buff hehe

What do you guys think?

Well some have argued for a "youth" or teenage version of the races. That would be very interesting and probably very popular.

But for now only Humans and Night elves have thin body options. Bringing the total to 3 races who have different size options (humans, night elves, trolls) in game. Whether they would make them available for cusotmisation options remains to be seen.

They don’t use the same model so the same options we have now wouldn’t translate into this model.
    It’s not missing because it won’t happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting real tired of people acting like the skinny human model is compatible with the regular human model.

It’s not.

Yeah the customization is very problematic.

Like okay, we got heterochromia, cool. But what about other common things like vitiligo? Or where are fat body types, not everyone is buff like some grotesque comic hero? Speaking of that, where's the stretch marks?

Seriously don't they have a council dedicated to these issues? What the fuck they cash the money for?

Quote Originally Posted by leggomydairy View Post
    They don’t use the same model so the same options we have now wouldn’t translate into this model.
    It’s not missing because it won’t happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting real tired of people acting like the skinny human model is compatible with the regular human model.

It’s not.
    @Louz
    I don't get what the problem is. I understand the current thin human models are based ont eh forsaken skelteon, but surely that's just a matter of switching to the model on CC.. how is that problematic?

They had to rework a new model for the larger Kul'tiran humans and tha'ts not even popular.
    The Nightborne model is literally the Night elf model with less flesh, everything is identical frame wise (in fact feature wise they have different ear tips). That's already in game, why can't they do similar for races to get thin or bulkier options?

I haven't looked at it closely, but the AMani/Drakkari troll models seem to be just bulkier versions of the Darkspear ones, i haven't checked animations or movements, but off memory they're quite similar, what's so hard in making a slider available

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    @Louz
    I don't get what the problem is. I understand the current thin human models are based ont eh forsaken skelteon, but surely that's just a matter of switching to the model on CC.. how is that problematic?

They had to rework a new model for the larger Kul'tiran humans and tha'ts not even popular.
    The Nightborne model is literally the Night elf model with less flesh, everything is identical frame wise (in fact feature wise they have different ear tips). That's already in game, why can't they do similar for races to get thin or bulkier options?

I haven't looked at it closely, but the AMani/Drakkari troll models seem to be just bulkier versions of the Darkspear ones, i haven't checked animations or movements, but off memory they're quite similar, what's so hard in making a slider available

Another example is the vulpera built on top of goblin skeleton.

---

I never said that the skinny human in the screenshot is compatible with the 'regular' human model. I mentioned that it should be an option to look like something other than a buffed/hunky human. As a skinny geek I would certainly like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Or where are fat body types, not everyone is buff like some grotesque comic hero?
    If you fight all day long to earn XP, eventually you will.

You are basically playing an action hero. At worst an adventurer. Adventurers don't survive if they are not fit.

At the end of the day, this is a fantasy world. Just because one race is called Human does not guarantee any parallels with the real world.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-06-26 at 09:07 AM.

I guess in terms of equivalence that would mean Horde would get a Worgen skeleton if Alliance are getting an undead skeleton? Otherwise, that's a really powerful customization option to change the entire model like that and if one race is getting that, I'd probably be pretty excited for the potential of Pandaren, Dwarves, Gnomes, Troll, and Tauren to get body variants one day. Don't care much about the human option itself except as far as the popularity of Humans being proof of concept for the other races to get theirs, I guess.