Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    All professions should be account wide at this point and you should be able to work towards them on any character.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All professions should be account wide at this point and you should be able to work towards them on any character.
    Great minds
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    Since I totally agree with you, I have taken the freedom (hope that’s ok) to make a post about it on EU forums.

May I also suggest that you advise all players who agree to submit a suggestion ticket to Blizz through the in-game system? The Blues on the forums do say that’s the best way to get voices be heard, as they sort the stuff and when there are many of the same requests they are more seriously looked at.
    Yea that's fine

They should improve the rewards. I did it in Cata. Rewards were quite decent. Then they said screw that and now Archaelogy is just boring and crap. Had a guildie doing 6 hour per day with Arc for a week not long ago to level it up. He said it was way worse than farming the Insane title. Should give a hint on how awfully boring it is atm, and have been for a long time. Like really long. Fossile long.

I'd rather them completely overhaul it to both fit in the new expansion tiering system and not suck so, so very much as a profession. Legion had great updates for both arch and fishing and then we just kind of abandoned them.

I'm a lore nut, but nothing uncovered from archeology is worth learning. If I want rewards, it's so RNG dependent I don't feel the steady progress towards goals that makes professions fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Most things should be.

The game is built in a way that most players would want to have at least a few alts.
    Also with the constant nerfs, buffs and changes, most players have changed or would want to change their mains from time to time.

Who actually wants to grind the stuff that can potentially take 100s of hours again? And then when changing mains or alts, again?

If they want more than 0.1% of players to engage in Archaeology ever again, it HAS TO BE made account-wide. Removing it would be wrong, as Archaeology fills a very important niche in an RPG with...."lore".

Seeing how Blizzard treats their own lore, though, i guess they will remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Because I hate it and don't want anything good to ever be associated with it.

It's a damn good reason.
    If you haven't learned it, how can you say you hate it?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

In BfA, archaeology is basically just getting achievements, and that's it. Legion did it slightly better with 2-week quests for items, but once you did that there's nothing left to do than achievements. WoD... yeah, I still never finished those due to have asinine those achievements even were. However, there is the theme: beyond the first time the profession was added to the game and the pets/xmog/mount/gear (that was used even!), it barely contributes anything to the game.

While most professions feel like an afterthought at this point in WoW, archaeology isn't even given that much regard.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think making professions account wide is easy, similar to how making reputations account wide isn't easy. what i would like to see is them making the achievements account wide though - like if you get a pristine item on one character then that counts towards all the characters but even then I don't know whether it would be possible

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I almost forgot it existed and that's pretty bad since I did most of the ones from Legion while it was still current. Man the spectral moose was a pain.
    The Spectral moose was often. If you did it the first couple of times was up, it went by very fast because there were dozens of player int he same area and all the mobs were killed all the time because of it. The sites would respawns very quick. You could continuously dig without interruption. It was a rare example of players working together for a common goal in the open world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm with this! Honestly no point not to be.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes