Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Additional Unambiguously Good Faction

There are people who want an evil faction to play as. That's fair, but I also think in response there should be an unambiguously good faction that any race can join. An example would be the Argent Crusade, or something similar to it. The Alliance and the Horde have too much baggage, and I believe having this good faction would allow the Alliance and Horde to be actually morally grey. I know, people will probably not like this.

I am a member of the unambiguously good heroes who saved the world, 8 major times and counting.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Here you go.

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Here you go.

Sure because what happened in vol'dun was at the Hand of dreadlords

3+ Year Old Account
    Here you go.

I guess you didn't read the part of "unambiguously" and "any race can join", something the Alliance fits neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Sure because what happened in vol'dun was at the Hand of dreadlords
    You mean when they targeted vulpera war supplies in order to stop the vulpera from supplying the Zandalari in anticipation for the Battle of Dazar'alor?

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I guess you didn't read the part of "unambiguously" and "any race can join", something the Alliance fits neither.
    They are unambiguously good though. Literally no one only does morally good things, so even if the Alliance did a few shady things in the past 20 years of Warcraft lore, they would still be the good guys. I mean, the heroic theme that plays literally in EVERY Alliance zone doesn't make that obvious enough?

Why would you want a faction that accepts all races? That doesn't make a faction good by default. The Legion and Scourge accept all races but they are evil.

In short, go play Alliance and quit asking for dumb stuff that will never happen.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    You mean when they targeted vulpera war supplies in order to stop the vulpera from supplying the Zandalari in anticipation for the Battle of Dazar'alor?

They are unambiguously good though. Literally no one only does morally good things, so even if the Alliance did a few shady things in the past 20 years of Warcraft lore, they would still be the good guys. I mean, the heroic theme that plays literally in EVERY Alliance zone doesn't make that obvious enough?

Why would you want a faction that accepts all races? That doesn't make a faction good by default. The Legion and Scourge accept all races but they are evil.

In short, go play Alliance and quit asking for dumb stuff that will never happen.
    So, people who want to play Orcs for example are SOL if they don't want to be complicit with war crimes when Blizzard decides the Horde need to be the evil ones again? Also, the Argent Crusade accepts all races.

So, people who want to play Orcs for example are SOL if they don't want to be complicit with war crimes when Blizzard decides the Horde need to be the evil ones again? Also, the Argent Crusade accepts all races.
    And you can already join the Argent Crusade by becoming exalted with that faction. You can literally get Argent Crusade tabard and mount too. Why are you asking for things that are already possible in-game?

Also, Blizzard never decided the Horde would be evil. They literally said the Horde is morally grey, because even if they had to follow an evil leader, many of them were good people.

There is no such thing as "unambiguously good faction" even the agents have done a couple of arguably naughty things.

The simple fact is the alliance was written as the unironic heroes for the first two games in the series and WoW can never escape that. Further, the alliance is presently written as lawful boring which is just about as close to 'good' as you can get.

Just as an aside, given the absolute meal Blizzard has made of the horde I very much doubt adding a permanent unambiguously good or evil faction would be a mistake.

3+ Year Old Account
    And you can already join the Argent Crusade by becoming exalted with that faction. You can literally get Argent Crusade tabard and mount too. Why are you asking for things that are already possible in-game?

Also, Blizzard never decided the Horde would be evil. They literally said the Horde is morally grey, because even if they had to follow an evil leader, many of them were good people.
    Like i said, this is more of a response to people who want an evil faction. And it would allow people of normally Horde and Alliance exclusive races to play with each other in PvE. And Argent Crusade was just an example.

I know, people will probably not like this.
    I'm indifferent to it but there's a problem you're going to have: faction population. You can neither play with the Alliance nor the Horde.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Like i said, this is more of a response to people who want an evil faction. And it would allow people of normally Horde and Alliance exclusive races to play with each other in PvE. And Argent Crusade was just an example.
    Those people are wrong. WoW very clearly isn't designed to have an evil faction. The story simply doesn't allow that.

Also, Ion already said he doesn't want faction division to go away as it's pivotal to WoW. Thus there will never be a third faction comprised of both Alliance and Horde races.

5+ Year Old Account
    There are people who want an evil faction to play as. That's fair, but I also think in response there should be an unambiguously good faction that any race can join. An example would be the Argent Crusade, or something similar to it. The Alliance and the Horde have too much baggage, and I believe having this good faction would allow the Alliance and Horde to be actually morally grey. I know, people will probably not like this.
    This is a good example of what wow is actually missing in the RPG department. But they won't fix that, because apparently that covenant !@#$ is more important, in RPG terms, that your character's !@#$ing alignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'd said weeks ago with the way the NE/Forsaken stories are going it'd be interesting to see a splinter group for each of them mirroring the original 4 separate entities from the Warcraft Universe that you could willingly defect to. Having 4 covenants is a good start but the grouping barrier is the problem. It'd be interesting if say the alliance and horde could do cross faction grouping but the "purists" for each faction can have their own loyalist groups. Idk I don't work at blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Siding with the Horde in BFA made you objectively evil

It is morally good to destroy objective evil

See?
    Wait, you mean because i didn't delete all my horde chars, now 'im going to hell?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Wait, you mean because i didn't delete all my horde chars, now 'im going to hell?
    That's...not at all what they said. Though I disagree with the 'objectively evil' thing. Standards of good and evil are not objective.

Nice try, but they are not unambiguously good. Having done any shady things at all disqualifies them. Calling the Alliance good is nothing more than faction bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    No. Wow isn't real and you didn't do the things your character did
    Ok, who is the "you" in your post? The entity becoming evil for siding with the horde?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Did you play 8.3? Horde is filled with so many goodie two shoe leaders now that cry about honor we might aswell be one faction

Lmao even the forsaken got anduin 2.0 as a leader. EVEN the goblins were downgraded to have a goodie two shoe leader. In what world? Corporations are rich because they exploit their workers, not by being nice and playing fair. So why the hell is the leader of the greediest race on azeroth talking about fair wages?

The sooner people stop applying earth morals to a fictional universe the better. Its almost like its illegal to live the evil fantasy once. The battlefront 2 campaign had the main character become a good guy after 2 missions, kylo ren was redeemed, illidan was redeemed. Sargeras was redeemed.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2020-06-28 at 03:19 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Did you play 8.3? Horde is filled with so many goodie two shoe leaders now that cry about honor we might aswell be one faction

Lmao even the forsaken got anduin 2.0 as a leader. EVEN the goblins were downgraded to have a goodie two shoe leader. In what world? Corporations are rich because they exploit their workers, not by being nice and playing fair. So why the hell is the leader of the greediest race on azeroth talking about fair wages?

The sooner people stop applying earth morals to a fictional universe the better. Its almost like its illegal to live the evil fantasy once. The battlefront 2 campaign had the main character become a good guy after 2 missions, kylo ren was redeemed, illidan was redeemed. Sargeras was redeemed.
    Because Gazlowe has always been a fair and honest goblin. That's why people would rather follow him than Gallywix.