Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good for them

When are we getting Troll Beards
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Don't remember a bluepost about how we could misunderstand Driana & Ilanya!
    Two female characters having a love affair is a lot easier to explain even without context. A character having a female existence in the tangible world then choosing to identify as a male in the afterlife is an entirely different case and it's entirely possible people would take this completely out of context if only bits and pieces of the character's story were datamined separately.

Wait so they all can choose what best represents their true selves but everyone chooses to be blue humans with wings????? What Tauren would be willing to give up their massive moose cock to be a lame ass human?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-07-01 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Screw this politically correct bullshit.
    Wish you could see how comically ridiculous you sound lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    I think you quite don't understand the issue here, for many years we had games where the characters are sexually ambiguous, gay, transgender, sometimes you don't even know,they worked and noone complained about it being propaganda or wrong apart from maybe some real homophobic people (not the ones people here cluelessly call homophobic) that was a part of their character, not an empty shell with TRANSGENDER written on top of it.

Having your gender/sexuality/skin color being your main defining point IS the problem, that's why the comments in here are so polarized, beetween people wrongly feeling this is helping a cause and people who see it as a manipulation, that's why people in black lives matters struggled to be taken seriously when they used "i'm black" as an argument, if you want to promote transgenders in your video game you make a great character that happens to be transgender, you don't make a character and light a giant panel over his head "HEY I'M TRANSGENDER", that's low effort and just shows you're doing it for easy PR.
    Thank you. This is a well written explanation why so many (myself included) have such an issue with this blue post (note how I have issues with the blue post, not the character, for some of the more narrow-minded people here).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I think you quite don't understand the issue here, for many years we had games where the characters are sexually ambiguous, gay, transgender, sometimes you don't even know,they worked and noone complained about it being propaganda or wrong apart from maybe some real homophobic people (not the ones people here cluelessly call homophobic) that was a part of their character, not an empty shell with TRANSGENDER written on top of it.

Having your gender/sexuality/skin color being your main defining point IS the problem, that's why the comments in here are so polarized, beetween people wrongly feeling this is helping a cause and people who see it as a manipulation, that's why people in black lives matters struggled to be taken seriously when they used "i'm black" as an argument, if you want to promote transgenders in your video game you make a great character that happens to be transgender, you don't make a character and light a giant panel over his head "HEY I'M TRANSGENDER", that's low effort and just shows you're doing it for easy PR.
    But that's literally not the fuck what the problem is. The fact that this character was female in their mortal life and male in their afterlife isn't the point of the story; the only reason Blizzard is even mentioning it is because dumbasses will invoke woke culture nonsense if they didn't. But here you are, pretending like it matters anyway.

To quote Jon Oliver:

Cool.

I think it’s a nice change. Also, people getting upset like it’s some character they have some strong emotional attachment to can get over it. It’s a new character and Blizzard can do what they want.
    It’s also a game, write your own fiction for the character of you don’t like it.

Ngl, if people start forgiving Blizzard because of lame small "look at us we care" things like this even after all the shit they've pulled over the last couple of years then they seriously need to set their priorities straight.

And the people in that thread who are like "thanks blizzard <3" need to stop being so naive because they literally got played. But tbh the reason they are so naive is because they are most likely afraid of opening their front door without getting offended.

Not looking for a fight over it, but does this mean blizzard have put T in the game before LGB?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Wait so they all can choose what best represents their true selves but everyone chooses to be blue humans with wings?????
    At least somone in this thread is asking the real questions.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Zone and covenant is literally about selective rebirth into homogeneity based around duty and service, as evidenced by a Tauren becoming a winged blue humanoid.

"Ugh, their identity doesn't MATTER, who cares?!"

It does in the context of the fiction, though...? Didn't need a Blue post, but it's doing a good job of revealing, uh...certain things we already knew about the community.
    Wait Tauren become blubles too? Which one? Man, I wonder if he has any opinions about not returning to the Earthmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bet you this won't make it into the Chinese version. Virtue signal shite.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Get woke go broke
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2020-07-01 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    Not looking for a fight over it, but does this mean blizzard have put T in the game before LGB?
    There's actually also a gay male Night Elf couple (that also were Night Warriors) but they didn't make a post proclaiming how progressive they are about it so nobody cares (which is the right way to do it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

The funny thing is, had Blizzard used the more appropriate pronouns from the get go, no one would have anything to be outraged about here (I mean, putting aside how it's nothing to be outraged about either way). Because as far as I'm aware, we only ever see Pelagos as a male Kyrian, never as a female whatever he used to be in life. Likewise, I don't think him being female when alive has actually been mentioned. The only reason his death variety of transgenderism is known is because of the previously used pronouns. The pronouns that, as per the feedback Blizzard got from trans community, were less appropriate than he/him. So, if Pelagos was referred to as he/him from the get go no one would be none the wiser.

Which means that we only know about it because Blizzard wasn't woke enough. And that makes the claims of them making the change to virtue signal rather dubious, because by announcing the change they are only bringing more attention to why it's being made because of their own misunderstanding. And that'd be kinda them shooting themself in the foot from the perspective of virtue signaling. Unless the theory is that they previously used the wrong pronouns on purpose to create a situation where they'd have to change it and explain themselves, just so they could have something to virtue signal about. But that'd be entering conspiracy territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Now the real test. What are Pelagos' pronouns on the Chinese client?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Wait so they all can choose what best represents their true selves but everyone chooses to be blue humans with wings????? What Tauren would be willing to give up their massive moose cock to be a lame ass human?
    Baine, without a doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

received feedback that he/him would be more respectful of the character’s wishes to be identified as a man
    You don't have to be respectful to made up, fictional, non-existing characters, because they DON'T EXIST. Let's call it what it is - pandering and virtue signaling to the mental.... oh I'm sorry - I meant to the LGBT crowd.
    Not like I care, you couldn't make me come back to this trash even if you paid me.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    Jesus, everyone losing their shit over one character (out of the absolute thousands in this game).

Does having a single inclusive character affect you? Is that a "no"? Then move along.
    Only if this character attempts to force their sexuality on my gender-neutral asexual mage. We can be buddies, but no icky flesh squishing for Synterra tyvm.

(pardon my attempt at levity. This thread is far too angry.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    You don't have to be respectful to made up, fictional, non-existing characters, because they DON'T EXIST. Let's call it what it is - pandering and virtue signaling to the mental.... oh I'm sorry - I meant to the LGBT crowd.
    Not like I care, you couldn't make me come back to this trash even if you paid me.
    Yet, here you are.