Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Just because he 's smart and would bone a human doesn't mean he would want to be one.
    Baine dehorned himself for Anduin. He can't bone anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Get woke go broke
    I'm sure blizzard will be very upset just like they were with every other "go woke go broke" moment they have had, i mean they never recovered from the people complaining about tracer comics and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That's kind of the point in general when it comes to this entire situation: what is the point? Everything comes down to intent, and the blue post kind of sheds light on the intent.

Aspirants being able to change their forms compared to their previous life? Cool, it's a fantasy game, I can dig that. However, the blue post response indicates either there's a disconnect between developers/PR staff, or this actually is just pandering (especially considering their recent history of blue posting). The blue post actually undermines its own argument, by projecting 2020 human political standards on a fantasy race by entertaining what would be "respectful" to the NPC. That screams the intent is to virtual signal, as Blizz is admitting such a projection where in the fantasy realm it'd be not only pointless but stupid. If this was not the intent, Blizz could've just had faith in their storytelling and kept their mouths shut instead of making an issue out of a supposedly non-issue if this character's situation makes logical sense and is important to the story.

Fantasy races changing genders is nothing new, and I haven't seen any backlash about those things because of several factors. First of all, the gender swapping is either common or a defining characteristic of the race while being important to the story. If Aspirants can literally choose any physical form they want, I'd expect to see more than one 'token' example, even if changing from your previous form isn't common. Furthermore, there's more to a physical form than just gender... so there better be some radically changed/augmented forms, maybe not even humanoid.

My gut suspicion is that this will likely be a 'token' example, so the only question left is why. Is this gender swap important to the story? Does this have some unforeseen consequences? While I can't say for certain at this point, you can color me skeptical as the current 'popular' trend in media is just to virtue signal, and this could easily just be someone using gender-swapping character to say how woke they are. Keyword here is using: it's less (or nothing) about the individual character/person, more (or everything) about the cause, aka the individual is being used as a tool, not a person.

That's probably what drives me and many others nuts, as it just doesn't get vocalized well: the way such politically woke topics tend to get handled is that the cause is above everything, at the expense of the individuals. The individuals will get weaponized while being balkanized into one stereotype that's just insulting and dehumanizing... and what's worse is that people cheer on this type of behavior as 'stunning and brave!' It's so painfully obvious when people are all about the cause and not the individuals, especially when they champion the causes at the expense of the individuals who are supposed to be benefiting from the cause. THAT is why many people, myself included, are tired of this political virtue signaling.
    FFS, dude. This isn't woke culture or any of that bullshit. This is Blizzard trying to cut off legitimate accusations of virtue signalling by providing context before it gets datamined. That's it. There's no political motivation. Blizzard isn't trying to add LGBTQ+ representation in their game (though who the fuck cares if they did?). They're not trying to score woke points to cash in at the Twitter version of Chuck E Cheese. Like, fuck. Is this really that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I wonder, do you feel the same way about Nier: Automata given how Yoko Taro confirmed in an interview that Emil is gay?
    No, I don't. There's a few reasons why it doesn't grate me the same way as what Blizzard's doing, but I don't want to bring a great game like Nier Automata into mud-level discussion about WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that this hellhole of a thread almost reached 10 pages while the thread about the alpha build isn't even at 10 posts shows the community's bigotry.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Show us where the evil evil pronouns have hurt you.

- - - Updated - - -

We go in alive.
    Awww, dangit. So Arthas is still the only one to have successfully killed us. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal
    bigotry
    Careful there with the buzzwords, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Are you talking about the other characters that are gay? Or just this person that was a woman and now as a Kyrian they are a man (or vice versa, I avoid lore in Alpha/Beta cycles)?

And that gets straight to my point, they can't allow the character to stand on their own within the game, so they think they are "heading off" by highlighting the character.

If the character stands on their own, allow them to. If the character doesn't, and you have to be spoon fed info about them outside of normal channels. Go back and do your job and fix the character.
    Blizzard didn’t highlight the character. The character was located on Alpha and YouTube personalities and forums have been talking about it. Blizzard just highlighted the pronoun change and the lore discrepancy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Awww, dangit. So Arthas is still the only one to have successfully killed us. Shame.
    We got killed by Argus tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Just because he 's smart and would bone a human doesn't mean he would want to be one.
    If he is smart, he would definitely not bone a human, unless he really...really...really hates that human.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Careful there with the buzzwords, champ.
    You literally called gay and trans people mentally ill in one of your posts.

Bigotry sure fits you perfectly.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I wonder, do you feel the same way about Nier: Automata given how Yoko Taro confirmed in an interview that Emil is gay?
    Also, 6O is about as gay for 2B as it gets without her straight-up telling 2B she's gay for 'er (there's a couple other gay couples among the YoRHa androids, too, among background characters).

People getting mad about 'the gays' in 2020 are wild, man.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I hope everyone who's mad about this finally uninstalls the game

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    We got killed by Argus tho.
    crap I forgot about Argus. Sorry, Arthas & Argus*

so this has no affect on me ok

You literally called gay and trans people mentally ill in one of your posts.

Bigotry sure fits you perfectly.
    I actually didn't if you re-read my posts. I can't say that if I don't want to get banned. But still, nice signature - because everyone cares about your sexual/gender views. You're just as obnoxious as rest of your "pals".

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Histrorically this isn't true, especially when it comes to video games
    D&D went woke in S8 of GoT and became posters boys for bad writing, but not before their careers got tanked with the cancellation of Confederate and their Star Wars movies

Rian Johnson went woke in the Last Jedi and now he subverted expectations are mocked worldwide

Neil Cuckman went woke in the Last of Us 2 and his game is universally hated by everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I actually didn't if you re-read my posts. I can't say that if I don't want to get banned. But still, nice signature - because everyone cares about your sexual/gender views. You're just as obnoxious as rest of your "pals".
    >gets accused of bigotry

>declines bigotry then proceeds to make legitimately bigoted accusations

Bold strategy, Cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    People getting mad about 'the gays' in 2020 are wild, man.
    Nobody is mad about gay characters in Nier Automata, stop strawmanning. Yoko Taro did it tastefully and nobody cared, because we had feminine A2 and 2B making up for all the... other orientations. It wasn't virtue signalling like what Activision-Blizzard does.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    virtual signal
    Just wanted to point out this typo in your moronic rambling. Have a nice day.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet