Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'm an idealist. I may disagree with you, vehemently, on given topics, but there's still value in having the discussion. For example, I had honestly forgotten 9S cordoned off the virus and slowly succumbed to it--his personality emulation was so lifelike that it seemed very much like he broke under the strain of the Endings C/D/E timelines.
    Thank you, I appreciate you being respectful to someone you disagree with, unlike others in this thread. I enjoy talking about Nier far more than the LGBT topic, since this always, always turns into shit-flinging and name-calling.

I think his boss calls are pretty clear indicators that he's off his rocker. That and the room full of dead 2Bs you can find while exploring the Copied Factory in quests after finishing the raid, a clear callback to the Room of 2Bs fight from the original game.
    It seems that way, but it IS Yoko Taro so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled the rug from under us and it turns out the white 2B (or 2P) is actually evil and 9S is trying to fix things... somehow. That's why I refrain from making any statements until 5.3 comes out (August 11).

his personality emulation was so lifelike that it seemed very much like he broke under the strain of the Endings C/D/E timelines.
    Off topic: I thoroughly enjoyed his descent into madness - from a boyscout into a cold-blooded, insane, yandere murderer. What a great game.

Unlike WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    All I see is the perspective of a bigot. You literally fit in the definition of it by having some problem with people that are different than you, just because they are different. At least you are very upfront about it, so kudos there I guess.

Also, "I'm fine with gays" also screams "I am a bigot". If you don't understand why that is okay, most bigots don't.
    Just because you attach buzzwords to dehumanize me doesn't mean anything really, nor does it bother me. Do you have things you don't like? Bigots for example? What a bigoted attitude to have.
    Do you see how dumb this is? Logic isn't SJWs strong point. That's why the left eats itself in the end.

The amount of blatant transphobia and hate in this thread is nuts. Are the mods asleep?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    It seems that way, but it IS Yoko Taro so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled the rug from under us and it turns out the white 2B (or 2P) is actually evil and 9S is trying to fix things... somehow. That's why I refrain from making any statements until 5.3 comes out (August 11).
    Right now, my money's on 'six of one, half-dozen of the other.' 2P's definitely not telling us something, but 9S is also really clearly nuts. I'm still hoping we get some confirmation on what the [P] line is supposed to be, since they kept mum on it in interviews thus far.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Selaira View Post
    The amount of blatant transphobia and hate in this thread is nuts. Are the mods asleep?
    But I'm not afraid of trans people. Another buzzword which doesn't make sense. It's another made up (yes I know all words are "made up", thank you) term like "hate speech" or "islamophobia". I don't keep up with the left these days.
    How many letters is LGBTA+.... up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are adding and openly gay couple in SL.

And there is that lesbian couple you help in Azsuna.
    There is lesbian couple in azsuna?

OP: As long as the expansion is better than BFA could care less if a Kyrian is male who identifies as w/e. Person could identify as a cloud for all I care. Thinking this is a person you'll see and say hi and bye for 3mins than remain irrelevant throughout of SL.

But I'm not afraid of trans people. Another buzzword which doesn't make sense. It's another made up (yes I know all words are "made up", thank you) term like "hate speech" or "islamophobia". I don't keep up with the left these days.
    How many letters is LGBTA+.... up to these days?
    The left and the right are an artificial division. It's not left vs. right or homo vs. straight or trans vs. cis or black vs. white. It's us against them (them being the parasitic elite who feed on us)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    The left and the right are an artificial division. It's not left vs. right or homo vs. straight or trans vs. cis or black vs. white. It's us against them (them being the parasitic elite who feed on us)
    I don't think this thread could contain all the autism if we venture into deep class politics.

7+ Year Old Account
    But I'm not afraid of trans people.
    phobia /ˈfəʊbɪə/

noun
    noun: phobia; plural noun: phobias

an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
    "she suffered from a phobia about birds"
    Quote Originally Posted by Transphobia wikipedia page
    Transphobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes, feelings or actions toward transgender people or transness in general. Transphobia can include fear, aversion, hatred, violence, anger, or discomfort felt or expressed towards people who do not conform to social gender expectations.
    You literally learn what the word phobia means in elementary school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    There is lesbian couple in azsuna?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Priestess_Driana
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Enchantress_Ilanya

Formerly known as Arafal

A nice addition to see. And props for listening to the feedback concerning the pronoun to use - being trans does not necessarily make one non-binary.
    When enough video games add LGBTQ characters in a non-sarcastic/stereotyped way, we will finally be rid of the perception that it's tokenism (when in fact it just represents reality).

They also teach there are 2 genders. Funny things those schools are.
    Also I think you need to write in bold "irrational". That's the key word here. Also I don't care about definitions written by SJWs of the words they make up as they go along.
    social gender expectations
    lol

It's nice that they're focusing on the important things, instead of balancing covenant abilities/getting us sets back/writing proper lore/fixing bugs.

They also teach there are 2 genders. Funny things those schools are.
    Because there are 2 genders.

They used to teach you there are 2 genders. Funny things those schools are.
    Also I think you need to write in bold "irrational". That's the key word here. Also I don't care about definitions written by SJWs of the words they make up as they go along.

lol
    Fixed it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's nice that they're focusing on the important things, instead of balancing covenant abilities/getting us sets back/writing proper lore/fixing bugs.

Because there are 2 genders.
    Their are but society no longer sees it that way

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    used to teach you

Fixed it for you.
    Maybe in xirs country. Here where I live they're still sane enough.

This raises some weird lore questions...

The body reflects the spirit and vice versa in wow. It is why forsaken don't appear as normal humans in their spirit form as the plague twists even their spirit. Nightelves were the exception due to their strong links to the forest making them become forest spirits.

Has the lore changed then? If the spirit no longer reflects the body does a ghost reflect a being's true self or its idolized form now?

Of course there are 13 pages of comments on what should have been a fairly innocuous post to prevent people from being confused about data mined information. People suck

- - - Updated - - -

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Priestess_Driana
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Enchantress_Ilanya
    They played a small part in Azsuna and I didn't really care. Same thing could happen to Pelagos but think he is going to be a more intrinsic person in Bastion.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe in xirs country. Here where I live they're still sane enough.
    Quite the lucky one for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    They also teach there are 2 genders. Funny things those schools are.l
    Indeed, yet that info is very outdated.
    Thankfully, schools tend to catch up on information and adjust accordingly.

Also I think you need to write in bold "irrational". That's the key word here.
    Yes, your trans- and homophobia certainly is founded on irrational reactionary bullshit.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    This raises some weird lore questions...

The body reflects the spirit and vice versa in wow. It is why forsaken don't appear as normal humans in their spirit form as the plague twists even their spirit. Nightelves were the exception due to their strong links to the forest making them become forest spirits.

Has the lore changed then? If the spirit no longer reflects the body does a ghost reflect a being's true self or its idolized form now?
    Bit of both on that last question. One can assume the player character has little conflict between internal and external expression (for whatever reason; the adventurer as a character is intentionally left an AFGNCAAP so you can impose your own backstory and persona as you see fit). For others, their idealized self manifests differently in the spirit world, like Pelagos or those who manifest in Ardenweald as animal spirits. This mostly serves to let the devs get more creative with Shadowlands's inhabitants, since the afterlives we visit (which aren't the sum total of all afterlives) do draw from all worlds and all points in history; having characters from foreign worlds/timelines manifest in more familiar forms saves on model development and helps keep each zone thematic.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Imagine being so unstable the pronouns of someone who doesn't even exist makes you this deranged

I truly hope your life improves one day
    Im guessing you realized how stupid you sound since you arent going to respond to what i wrote :

What are you talking about, i never said i disagree with anything. You are projecting stereotypes onto me so hard. I have zero issue with it infact its the oppsite. I wish they made him a strong character that had a good and interesting back story. You are crazy. My life is awesome too btw.