Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Pelagos is horrifying, not empowering

One of the key points of Warcraft mythos is that your appearance matches your soul. When Sargeras and Neltharion became evil, their bodies became more jagged and demonic. AU Gul'dan's form, despite him getting amped up on Fel and cured of his deformity, still became as gnarled and crooked as his soul. Azshara's beauty became gorgonic.

On the other hand we have pretty boy Anduin being a literal beacon of holy Light.

What Kyrians do is induce complete ego death. Pelagos was brainwashed to such a hardcore degree that he rejected his old appearance which was the true representation of his soul. Even Uther, despite being all about the greater good, wasn't able to be brainwashed to that extent.

All Shadowlands afterlives are torturous and horrifying but being brainwashed until you willingly say "fuck you" to your old self and become someone else entirely... well, I'm not sure being tortured in the Maw while remaining your true self is that much worse. Sylvanas is completely right that the Shadowlands should be broken.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-02 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    One of the key points of Warcraft mythos is that your appearance matches your soul. When Sargeras and Neltharion became evil, their bodies became more jagged and demonic. AU Gul'dan's form, despite him getting amped up on Fel and cured of his deformity, still became as gnarled and crooked as his soul. Azshara's beauty became gorgonic.

On the other hand we have pretty boy Anduin being a literal beacon of holy Light.

What Kyrians do is induce complete ego death. Pelagos was brainwashed to such a hardcore degree that he rejected his old appearance which was the true representation of his soul. Even Uther, despite being all about the greater good, wasn't able to be brainwashed to that extent.

All Shadowlands afterlives are torturous and horrifying but being brainwashed until you willingly say "fuck you" to your old self and become someone else entirely... well, I'm not sure being tortured in the Maw while remaining your true self is that much worse. Sylvanas is completely right that the Shadowlands should be broken.
    we get it trans people scare you but shut the ever living fuck up

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-02 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let’s ignore that your just trying to shit on trans people.

Varian’s soul was split in two and neither changed the way they looked.

Orcs turned green rather they were fel users or not which tends to effect the soul.

Trolls mutated Into night elf’s with no soul related explanation.

Night elfs turned into blood elfs with no soul related explanation.

Valkyrie turned into humans with no soul related explanation.

Ect ect ect. Point is even if you just go off the lore your full of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    until you willingly say "fuck you" to your old self .
    I'm curious as to why this is something special?

I'm sure many ex-criminals, drug/alcohol addicts that are now free from it would do the exact same thing regarding their old self.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Let’s ignore that your just trying to shit on trans people.

Varian’s soul was split in two and neither changed the way they looked.

Orcs turned green rather they were fel users or not which tends to effect the soul.

Trolls mutated Into night elf’s with no soul related explanation.

Night elfs turned into blood elfs with no soul related explanation.

Valkyrie turned into humans with no soul related explanation.

Ect ect ect. Point is even if you just go off the lore your full of shit.
    Varian was a pretty boy like Anduin until he became a hardened warrior and a leader - his appearance after his soul was reunited was more Lo'Gosh than pretty boy Varian

Orcs turned green because they were no better than the demons in that moment of bloodlust when they willingly crossed the Dark Portal - there's a reason they fell into despair after the Second War and needed Thrall to rally them. Being green is just a visible representation of the shame and the guilt that they all carry (see: Saurfang)

The Dark Trolls thought themselves above the barbaric tribal ways of their brethren and literally became the "Highborne"

The Highborne that fled to the Eastern Kingdoms were the followers of Sunstrider - they were already different from the other Highborne long before their skin turned pale to reflect that difference

Val'kyrs are a dumb retcon

Read between the lines the Warcraft lore is full of examples of individuals undergoing physical transformations to reflect the true essence of their souls. What Kyrians do is MEANT to be terrifying because it's a gross violation and desecration of existing mythos.

Who we talking about here?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a gross violation and desecration of existing mythos.
    And these are new lore ''mythos'', mythos we've never encountered before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Varian was a pretty boy like Anduin until he became a hardened warrior and a leader - his appearance after his soul was reunited was more Lo'Gosh than pretty boy Varian

Orcs turned green because they were no better than the demons in that moment of bloodlust when they willingly crossed the Dark Portal - there's a reason they fell into despair after the Second War and needed Thrall to rally them. Being green is just a visible representation of the shame and the guilt that they all carry (see: Saurfang)

The Dark Trolls thought themselves above the barbaric tribal ways of their brethren and literally became the "Highborne"

The Highborne that fled to the Eastern Kingdoms were the followers of Sunstrider - they were already different from the other Highborne long before their skin turned pale to reflect that difference

Val'kyrs are a dumb retcon

Read between the lines the Warcraft lore is full of examples of individuals undergoing physical transformations to reflect the true essence of their souls. What Kyrians do is MEANT to be terrifying because it's a gross violation and desecration of existing mythos.
    Litteraly every thing you posted is wrong and has no actual basis. I mean just look at the two varians the only difference is one for a scar and hasn’t shaved.

I do not have access to Alpha so I don't know the lore behind Pelagos, but why do you say he was BRAINWASHED? 'Brainwash' means being stripped of free will by an outside agent, and your choices are no longer your own.

Other than that, we all have our idealized selves, and sometimes they do not match our bodies. Could be something as simple as "I wish I was born with natural red hair instead of black hair" to something big as "I wish I was born as the opposite gender".

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. They're green because it's a lingering side-effect of the blood of Mannoroth they drank for the first time, and not because of "shame and guilt".

They weren't "different". They were just like any other highborne. The difference is that they refused to follow the edict to ban the use of arcane magic and were expelled for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I understand this, are Blizzard pushing trans into WoW? When GW2 did that it was very immersion breaking and very real world feeling, sounds like the SJW cancer has crept into WoW based on Blizzards preface post.

Is nothing sacred anymore? What's next, trump hate quests?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-02 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian was always a hard ass

Orcs are green because fel is fucking green.

Trolls became that way because Elune made them that way.

Bullshit they where the same highborne before they left, being away from the old arcane energies of the well of eternity and possibly falling out of favor with Elune turned them into what they are.

Not a retcon, we didn't even know much about the shadowlands at all before this.

Kyrians is probably perfect for someone who had a hellish life and want to be rid of what they was.

I like how 1st try on trans in-game is fragile and emotionally unstable being. Like trying to say being trans is mental illness. WP blizz

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You absolutely nothing about trans people, do you.

We are not a political statement. We exist, we're real people, and we have just as much right to make an appearance in media as anyone else. I'm really dreading the upcoming discourse in the WoW community over this.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this, are Blizzard pushing trans into WoW? When GW2 did that it was very immersion breaking and very real world feeling, sounds like the SJW cancer has crept into WoW based on Blizzards preface post.

Is nothing sacred anymore? What's next, trump hate quests?
    Wait how are people getting things about Trans from this?

If you thought this post was about gender dysphoria you need your fucking head examined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    You absolutely nothing about trans people, do you.

We are not a political statement. We exist, we're real people, and we have just as much right to make an appearance in media as anyone else.
    you don't have a right to demand a company do it. fuck off

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-02 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Wait how are people getting things about Trans from this?
    Because Pelagos was originally a woman, and as a Kyrian he requested to be a male instead, and Blizzard changed the pronouns from ''them/they'' to ''he/she'' to reflect it. I assume that's the reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    If you thought this post was about gender dysphoria you need your fucking head examined.
    The op was bitching and moaning in the news post about it so it’s hard not to see what he’s really getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    I like how 1st try on trans in-game is fragile and emotionally unstable being. Like trying to say being trans is mental illness. WP blizz
    it absolutely is. cant argue science.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Because Pelagos was originally a woman, and as a Kyrian he requested to be a male instead, and Blizzard changed the pronouns from ''them/they'' to ''he/she'' to reflect it. I assume that's the reason.
    that's not a problem to 99.999% of the playerbase.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post

- - - Updated - - -

you don't have a right to demand a company do it. fuck off
    Literally no one is demanding literally anything. You're all just getting butt hurt that we exist, it's literally that simple.

Idgaf if they include trans people or not. Honestly I'd rather they hadn't, because the amount of transphobia that's going to filter into the game I use to escape transphobia is going to be awful.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Oh I see. Fair enough.

lmao, also just noticed your name.